We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Angry HELP Overall Connecting to Patch Server

Hello all,

I recently downloaded LOTRO and, sadly, when I launch the client it downloads a few loading screens before saying Overall, connecting to patch server, progress- (here it has a half-way filled with blue bar,)- and suddenly stops saying server connection timed out. This all happens within in 10 seconds. I can't play the game, and it's deeply frustrating. I'm using Steam on Mavericks for this, please help.

Thanks.

All servers are currently unavailable. Turbine is working hard to bring the servers back up for us now.

From the Twitter:
    Power is restored.We are working on verifying systems.Additional info is available on our Facebook page. http://ow.ly/qUGzp #LOTRO

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Faythefulle View Post
    All servers are currently unavailable. Turbine is working hard to bring the servers back up for us now.

From the Twitter:
    Power is restored.We are working on verifying systems.Additional info is available on our Facebook page. http://ow.ly/qUGzp #LOTRO
    Thanks so much, I can't wait to play is all. Any starter tips you can give me? I come from a WoW background

Connection problems

Hi, i'm having some connection time out 20/20 problems too, is this because the helm's deep expansion?
    Every server gives a green light, but i'm not able to connect on any one of them

Quote Originally Posted by Fairendell View Post
    Hi, i'm having some connection time out 20/20 problems too, is this because the helm's deep expansion?
    Every server gives a green light, but i'm not able to connect on any one of them
    No. The power went out at their data center last night. They're still working to recover them. The expansion patch isn't scheduled for another few hours.

Thanks so much, I can't wait to play is all. Any starter tips you can give me? I come from a WoW background

Welcome to the wonderful world of Middleearth! You'll find it vastly different from Azeroth, so take your time setting yourself up and settle in here. I hope you'll enjoy LOTRO as much as this former WoW-er does.
    As for tips: the forum here and the player-created guides are worth spending time on. Go browse! Find a server that suits you - look at the server/kinship pages for hints. Experiment a bit with the classes - don't set your mind in stone on "I want to play something like the pally/warr/huntie etc. I used to be".
    Most important: have fun

Quote Originally Posted by maryrachellejohnson View Post
    No. The power went out at their data center last night. They're still working to recover them. The expansion patch isn't scheduled for another few hours.
    So the servers are down and can't play?