We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Nice small group fights

Thanks freeps for coming out last night despite all the moors problems. Good night with the duos and 3-mans at first building to the bigger 10v10 fights. Your TR flip out from under our noses was good stuff. Seemed like both sides got kills, especially once the healers were taken down. Go out as a healer at your own risk, public enemy #1 now more than ever! Anyway, thanks for looking past the horrible imperfections & bugs & just having fun fights. Would be interesting to see how raid v. raid goes, hope more keep coming out. Totally understand people staying away in protest because things are broken, but hopefully not staying away because scared of creeps being overpowered -- group play is pretty even & lots of fun to be had, even if not perfect.
    Sniz(defiler) / Johanson(cappy)

While the fights were indeed enjoyable, and i'll continue to come out, the broken/overpowered situation of creeps can be evened out if people within the raid actually care to.

As far to my knowledge of looking at combat logs, most, if not everyone in that raid/creep group that was capable of utilizing the broken damage, was doing so. If balance is indeed something yourself and raid leaders over there are concerned about, that's an easy fix; slot shadow/fire damage.

At any rate, it'll prove a more realistic situation, which while no creep can help their broken audacity, this should at least be a starting point.
    Gandolfien - Acta Non Verba

Achmetha/Yewl - Stainless

I'm ignorant about such things so appreciate the post. That night seemed fairly even so there was little discussion of self-nerf except for people not swapping to WLs. Good to know about the damage thing, if it makes for better fights next time I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by vip123 View Post
    While the fights were indeed enjoyable, and i'll continue to come out, the broken/overpowered situation of creeps can be evened out if people within the raid actually care to.

As far to my knowledge of looking at combat logs, most, if not everyone in that raid/creep group that was capable of utilizing the broken damage, was doing so. If balance is indeed something yourself and raid leaders over there are concerned about, that's an easy fix; slot shadow/fire damage.

At any rate, it'll prove a more realistic situation, which while no creep can help their broken audacity, this should at least be a starting point.
    I'm sorry... When past updates were launched with freeps beings grossly overpowered DPS-wise, did you all (freeps) switch to a garbage 3rd age weapon to reduce your overall potency until things were balanced? Probably not...

Suck it up, my friend. You guys were doing just fine. Once they fix the audacity bug, you will be back to your old facerolling selves.
    Last edited by Toast3569; Dec 08 2013 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toast3569 View Post
    Suck it up, my friend. You guys were doing just fine. Once they fix the audacity bug, you will be back to your old facerolling selves.
    It was only a suggestion, more for your benefit than mine.

They'll be fixing more than the audacity bug with 12.1, wherein the past several weeks have completely unprepared you and others utilizing the bug for what's to come.

But, it's your game, of course.

They'll be fixing more than the audacity bug with 12.1, wherein the past several weeks have completely unprepared you and others utilizing the bug for what's to come.

Totally all these creep's faults that they broke audacity for a month, what with them "utilizing" this bug that they can't control that boosts audacity values against their will...

No worries, the ###### pvp we had all known would arrive with HD will be live shortly. Here's hoping for actual improvements on things within the next 5 months or so.

Even my Signature is trolling!

Quote Originally Posted by Toast3569 View Post
    I'm sorry... When past updates were launched with freeps beings grossly overpowered DPS-wise, did you all (freeps) switch to a garbage 3rd age weapon to reduce your overall potency until things were balanced? Probably not...

many of us do refrain from using our entire skillsets for the sake of fairness and fun fights, in fact. It's alright though, some people need this more than others.
    There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.

Who else is amused that the various posters in this thread are struggling to follow which game-breaking bug the other poster is referring to?

While many other threads are longer and have more hotly debated arguments, I feel that this one most succinctly and accurately describes what it means to take part in PvMP in Lotro.

Carry on.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    Totally all these creep's faults that they broke audacity for a month, what with them "utilizing" this bug that they can't control that boosts audacity values against their will...

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    Who else is amused that the various posters in this thread are struggling to follow which game-breaking bug the other poster is referring to?

utilizing the broken damage

slot shadow/fire damage

Hopefully that helps you out Stickeez. Perhaps next time, read several times before posting.

trash
    Quoted for soon to be exposed

I like to vent about the past wrongs as much as anyone, but in this weird interim the goal is to get some fun fights while waiting for things to be fixed. We should recognize how to make it happen from both perspectives, so I'd like to try group fights with shadow/fire slotted, hopefully we'll get some more small group action this week.

Hopefully that helps you out Stickeez. Perhaps next time, read several times before posting.
    Yeah, definitely only read your snippy reply that I had quoted. My bad ;D

Even my Signature is trolling!

so its like the last year's have "completely unprepared you and others utilizing the bug" of gear swapping full sets of armor during combat to sky rocked dps and healing abilities?

and now your asking the creeps who you used these exploits against, to stop using a damage type because its not fair for you?

thanks for the laughs kid. i knew i should check up on these forums, and you didn't disappoint.
    Garamburn
    burtnakh of Elendilmir"Freeps I hate you all, your very presence in the Moors sickens me."

Quote Originally Posted by searingskitso View Post
    so its like the last year's have "completely unprepared you and others utilizing the bug" of gear swapping full sets of armor during combat to sky rocked dps and healing abilities?

and now your asking the creeps who you used these exploits against, to stop using a damage type because its not fair for you?

thanks for the laughs kid. i knew i should check up on these forums, and you didn't disappoint.
    is it perhaps at all akin to how the public schooling system likely didn't prepare you for critical thinking required when making cheeky comments on arguments not really concerning you?
    "death is nothing to us, for when we are.. death has not come. And when death has finally come, we are not"
    R7 Spider/R11 Reaver - R13/R11 Champion

Had a good time with the shadow/fire damage only small group last night. Would have liked to stay longer but that last marathon fight was exhausting, great job to the freeps that fought it out and thanks to the freeps that didn't jump in for the roflstomp! Good fights most of the evening. The differing group make ups kept it interesting -- we tried with the extra WL, warg, and defiler at times, and we'd run into groups with a lone healer, or two, and sometimes cappys. Obviously the amount of freep healing versus our amount of harassment available was tough -- so many "freep at 1k almost dead then instantly back to 15k" moments! And trying to outheal the constant warden bleeds, oy! We would have had zero kills without Ocka coordinating our fight, thanks, as always good stuff. It was really fun challenge, hope we can get in a couple more nights before the update (not that I would ever think an update will make things worse, heavens no!).