We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

[Developing UI] Executing in-game commands from your phone! (Dev v.1 Requests)

Greetings all!

I have been working on a project for some time now. This is a program that will allow you to execute commands in game from your phone. This could include a macro or anything such as mounting a horse. The following are possible situations in which you would use this program. You are wanting to view the wiki but are in game. All you do is click the "wiki" button, it will minimize your game, open your default browser, and go to the wiki. Is this program safe? Yes, it is approved by Apple app store and is available on the Android market too (More platforms coming soon). Have you ever been in the kitchen and wanted to launch the game so that it's ready when you get back? With this program you can, with a simple button click on your device you will launch the game. How much does it cost? It's free, yes that's right. I've made this free.

Now, here is the catch! I need you guys to help me come up with functions you would like to see in the app! If you are wanting to use this program then follow this thread. I will be posting a "How-To" installation guide on the whole program. The best thing about this program is that It was built by a community member. If you have questions, please feel free to ask!

Regards,
    Fremish

Quote Originally Posted by Fremish View Post
    Greetings all!

I have been working on a project for some time now. This is a program that will allow you to execute commands in game from your phone. This could include a macro or anything such as mounting a horse. The following are possible situations in which you would use this program. You are wanting to view the wiki but are in game. All you do is click the "wiki" button, it will minimize your game, open your default browser, and go to the wiki. Is this program safe? Yes, it is approved by Apple app store and is available on the Android market too (More platforms coming soon). Have you ever been in the kitchen and wanted to launch the game so that it's ready when you get back? With this program you can, with a simple button click on your device you will launch the game. How much does it cost? It's free, yes that's right. I've made this free.

Now, here is the catch! I need you guys to help me come up with functions you would like to see in the app! If you are wanting to use this program then follow this thread. I will be posting a "How-To" installation guide on the whole program. The best thing about this program is that It was built by a community member. If you have questions, please feel free to ask!
    The simple answer is -- it can't be done.

The LOTRO Lua API is incapable of executing in-game commands. Such actions are specifically restricted. Nor does it have any kind of communication interface.

What you have described implies that this App requires a corresponding program to be running on your PC -- you are describing Operating System functions -- minimizing a program and launching another one.

If this app has been "approved by Apple app store" what is the name of the app, and please post a link to the App store page.
    Bill Magill - Mac Player - Old Timers Guild- Gladden:

Partial cast
    Valamar: Dwarf Hunter - Level 100
    Valdicta: Dwarf Rune-keeper - Level 100
    Valanne: Beorning - Level 80

I'm really leery about this app.
    * One of its main advertised features is the ability to launch LOTRO - which requires giving it both your account username and password!
    * It was created by a person who just joined last month and only posted about this app.

Maybe I will be more accepting once a link is posted, but for now, I fremish (shiver/shudder) to conceive what might happen to my account if I use this program and I'm not going to help spread it by suggesting new features.
    Last edited by jpark84; Dec 19 2013 at 11:36 PM.

This app, if it does indeed exist, is in direct violation of the EULA since it uses third party software to control the game. That, combined with the security concern previously posted, should be enough cause to steer clear of this or any other app that claims to control the game in any way.

Controling the game from your phone.

Great Idea. I would not do if i was you ( Read Post Above ) . I was actually thinking about making such a thing for my app ( See my signature ) So im glad i found this thread.
    LotroComplete - Get it in the App Store Today.
    Check Lotro Sever Status at : http://www.lotrostatus.com

I VPN from my IPhone to my computer at home. About all its good for in chat. Its funny but its not raid material.