We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Bilbo's room in Rivendell

When you enter Bilbo's room in Elrond's house, a message pops up saying "December 24th"
    Also, Gandalf is there speaking to Frodo? Yet he is saying 'Frodo is a remarkable hobbit...' as if Frodo isn't in the room.

Why is any of this happening when in my story line, they are down the Anduin River and Gandalf is dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Ranebow View Post
    Why is any of this happening when in my story line, they are down the Anduin River and Gandalf is dead?
    Even if you've seen them off from Rivendell in the Volume 2 Prologue, all of the fellowship are still there in Rivendell because they're involved with quests that are independent of the Epic line.

Besides, Gandalf doesn't die. He's a Maiar.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    Even if you've seen them off from Rivendell in the Volume 2 Prologue, the all of the fellowship are still there because they're involved with quests that are independent of the Epic line.
    I have never seen any of the others after the council meeting years ago. Maybe simply didn't notice - I assumed they were phased and disappeared as the story evolved.

Thanks

When you enter Bilbo's room in Elrond's house, a message pops up saying "December 24th"
    Also, Gandalf is there speaking to Frodo? Yet he is saying 'Frodo is a remarkable hobbit...' as if Frodo isn't in the room.

The December 24th is to show the timeline of LOTR (as the Fellowship leaves Dec 25th iirc), so that you know you're in an area that might not fit into your progression in the game. As there are quests that go by Gandalf and Frodo that are not part of the Epics, you kinda have to have access to Gandalf and Frodo @ Rivendell at all times.

I have never seen any of the others after the council meeting years ago. Maybe simply didn't notice - I assumed they were phased and disappeared as the story evolved.
    Gandalf and the 4 Hobbits stay in Bilbo's room. Aragorn, Boromir, Gimli and Legolas stay in the Guest rooms (the building south across the ravine from the skirmish camp/stable master).

Quote Originally Posted by Elrantiri View Post
    The December 24th is to show the timeline of LOTR (as the Fellowship leaves Dec 25th iirc), so that you know you're in an area that might not fit into your progression in the game. As there are quests that go by Gandalf and Frodo that are not part of the Epics, you kinda have to have access to Gandalf and Frodo @ Rivendell at all times.
    Agreed; thank you

--- I assumed they were phased and disappeared as the story evolved.
    When that area was implemented, phasing technology wasn't a possibility. Same goes for Lórien; it's always February 15th on Cerin Amroth, so Frodo, Sam and co. are always there.
    I'm pretty sure that the first attempts at phasing in LotRO came with Enedwaith, but not 100%...

Gandalf and the 4 Hobbits stay in Bilbo's room. Aragorn, Boromir, Gimli and Legolas stay in the Guest rooms (the building south across the ravine from the skirmish camp/stable master).
    This wasn't always the case. Before Mines of Moria launched, the members of the Fellowship were scattered all around Rivendell. The entire Shadows of Angmar story (up to that point; i.e., prior the opening of Eregion) took place in September-December 3018, while they were all still there.

Memory fades, but as I recall...

Gandalf was in the Library with Elrond;
    Aragorn was in the courtyard of the Last Homely House, between the vendors at the base of the statue;
    Boromir was near the gate up to the Misty Mountains;
    Legolas was at the Haven of Orladion;
    Gimli was with Gloin at their camp in the Misties;
    Frodo was standing on the porch to the left of the entrance to the LHH;
    Sam was on the balcony at the back of the 2nd Floor, where the Council of Elrond takes place;
    Pippin was at the stables;
    ...and I'm doggoned if I can remember where Merry was. Standing with Frodo, I think.
    Also, the "dread aura" from Frodo (the Ring, actually) extended to the area in front of the House's door, so you'd get a quick flash of Dread when you tried to enter the building. It was a source of some confusion for folks who didn't understand why there would be Dread in Rivendell.

After Moria, they were all moved "indoors" and out of sight, and time-locked to 12/24/3018.

Besides, Gandalf doesn't die. He's a Maiar.
    Gandalf is a Maiar and dies upon Caradhras. Then he travels to Valinor and is sent back to Middle-Earth to finish his mission to defeat Sauron. So basically he is reborn on Redhorn as Gandalf the White. :)

Smile

I hate nitpicking but Gandalf is a Maia (sing.), one of the Maiar (plur.).
    Kibilturg; Watchers of Elendil (Landroval) & Tarciryan Knights (Crickhollow)
    RIP Imladris