We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41
  1. #1
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,518

    What will, and won't, be available in the LOTRO Store Helm's Deep Pack

    For those who are on the fence about whether to pre-order now or wait to make your purchase of Helm's Deep on Monday using Turbine Points, here's what you will find in the LOTRO Store offering, and what will be going away once the pre-order ends.


    Helm's Deep in the LOTRO Store


    • Price: 4295 Turbine Points
    • Unlocks the Helm's Deep Expansion.
    • Includes: Skirmish Trait Max Rank 45,
    • Enforcer of Helm Title,
    • Hauberk of the Hammerhand,
    • Epic Battles access
    • Helm's Deep content access including the Epic Story



    What you are NOT Getting:
    BASE EDITION Items not included in the LOTRO Store Bundle:

    • 1000 Turbine points
    • Token of the Hornburg
    • Steed of the Hammerhand



    PREMIUM EDITIONItems not included in the LOTRO Store Bundle:

    • 2000 Turbine Points
    • Shield of the Hammerhand
    • Avenger of the Helm – title
    • Armour of the Hammerhand
    • Quest Log slots + 10
    • Exclusive Rohan Mount Bundle (war-steed + mount)



    Things which are NOT GOING TO BE SOLD IN THE STORE:

    • Armour of the Hammerhand
    • Steed of the Hammerhand
    • Exclusive Rohan Mount Bundle (war-steed + mount)
    • Legendary Upgrade Pack will no longer give you movie tickets.



    Things which we MIGHT (much later) bring to the store: ....maybe

    • Quest slots + 10

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    616
    Thanks for this information Sapience.

    So to sum up, content access is identical between the two purchase methods and the only differences are "swag."

  3. #3
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcor View Post
    Thanks for this information Sapience.

    So to sum up, content access is identical between the two purchase methods and the only differences are "swag."
    Mostly. I just wanted to make it really clear what as not going to end up in the store in any form and was possibly going to be there... eventually.. maybe. The +10 Quest Slots has been asked about a number of times.

  4. #4
    How will the Skirmish Trait Max Rank work if i don't have the previous rank upgrades bought, i still have the default max rank.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    616
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcor View Post
    Thanks for this information Sapience.

    So to sum up, content access is identical between the two purchase methods and the only differences are "swag."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Mostly. I just wanted to make it really clear what as not going to end up in the store in any form and was possibly going to be there... eventually.. maybe. The +10 Quest Slots has been asked about a number of times.
    Right, I got that. The thing I want to make sure of is no content surprises. As I recall, with Rise of Isengard, TP purchase did not include the Draigoch raid (I guess because the store item was a quest pack) while expansion purchase did. This time though, the Helms Deep TP purchase is the full expansion, including whatever non-expansion updates follow, correct? Hopefully I'm making myself clear.

  6. #6
    Alright, so the full expansion in store is 4000+ tp, but are you gonna do this one like the last expansion? Where we have the choice between either the full expansion, or just buying the quest pack for the area for less? Same goes for if we only want the Big Battle access.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,894
    The +10 quest log thing is kind of funny. It may well be useful at lower levels but higher levels hardly need it with the way quests are gated these days. Now, if it had been extra storage space, I may well have considered pre-purchase more seriously. More hooks on my house (even just in the yard) would have made it even more attractive.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1
    Will the shield of hammerhand be on the lotro store?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Mostly. I just wanted to make it really clear what as not going to end up in the store in any form and was possibly going to be there... eventually.. maybe. The +10 Quest Slots has been asked about a number of times.
    So, um, how much later is "much later" than "soon?"

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by theultimatekyle View Post
    Alright, so the full expansion in store is 4000+ tp, but are you gonna do this one like the last expansion? Where we have the choice between either the full expansion, or just buying the quest pack for the area for less? Same goes for if we only want the Big Battle access.
    There's really no choice to make. The epic and the quest pack are tied up together, and the big battles are integrated into the epic. There's nothing to break apart.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,516
    Thank you for the info, Sapience

    I'm hoping the +10 quest slots will make it to the store. Please please please! I totally forgot that there would be several versions of Helm's Deep and a pre-order one too, so I bought TP quite some time ago to buy Helm's Deep when it arrived so I can't pre-order it now. My Helm's Deep moneys are all spent! XD
    ;) [COLOR="#9999ff"]“There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb[/COLOR]

  12. #12
    Will the expansion still be available from the Lotro Market for cash/credit card/etc. after the 18th, or will Turbine Points be the only option? If it is still available for purchase in the Lotro Market, will a version of the base edition and the premium edition be available? If so, what will be included in those editions?
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. ~ Faramir

    Undo the U12 class changes. The trait trees were, are, and will always be a bad idea.
    Maedhric 100 Captain, Nunion 93 Champion, Taraviel 85 Minstrel, etc...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    848
    Good info, Sapience. This kind of transparency is appreciated.

  14. #14
    Hey, Sapience. How long should we expect before the expansion price drops to twenty dollars instead of forty like the RoR and RoI have? I don't have a lot of extra money to spend on video games so I'm trying to weigh my options carefully.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    848
    Quote Originally Posted by Second-cousin View Post
    Hey, Sapience. How long should we expect before the expansion price drops to twenty dollars instead of forty like the RoR and RoI have? I don't have a lot of extra money to spend on video games so I'm trying to weigh my options carefully.
    Keep an eye out for a Black Friday special.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Posts
    1,860
    So nothing worth worrying about. Mostly experience enhancers which are little needed and some cosmetics. Not fond of armor cosmetics (*nudge nudge*Give us some more sleeveless dresses please)

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,669
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Mostly. I just wanted to make it really clear what as not going to end up in the store in any form and was possibly going to be there... eventually.. maybe. The +10 Quest Slots has been asked about a number of times.
    Please, please, please, please (xinfinity) add the +10 quest slots! ^_^ This Lotroholic begs it of you!

    (please, please, please!)

    I must say I'm kinda surprised the steed doesn't get into the TP pack. Didn't it with previous xpacs? Obviously not the WS cosmetics, but the normal mount was, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by dietlbomb View Post
    Will the expansion still be available from the Lotro Market for cash/credit card/etc. after the 18th, or will Turbine Points be the only option? If it is still available for purchase in the Lotro Market, will a version of the base edition and the premium edition be available? If so, what will be included in those editions?
    If they remain available, is there any upgrade option? This is too early for both my birthday and xmas, so I have to buy this for myself. If I get the TP version on Monday (which I am going to do), will some form of an upgrade to the Premium edition be available? I know it's unlikely, and maybe even a weird question, but I really want those +10 quest slots (and my budget really can't accommodate me right now).
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of [U][B]Riddermark[/B][/U]ed For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ [U][B]Landroval[/B][/U]

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    Please, please, please, please (xinfinity) add the +10 quest slots! ^_^ This Lotroholic begs it of you!
    Then just buy the premium edition? Isn't that what a true LotRO-holic would do? Actually, they would probably buy the legendary edition.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,669
    Quote Originally Posted by maxjenius View Post
    Then just buy the premium edition? Isn't that what a true LotRO-holic would do? Actually, they would probably buy the legendary edition.
    You must not have noticed the last part. As much as I want it, my budget can't afford it. I still have to live in the real world, after all. xD Additionally, I already have a massive amount of TPs gathering dust... Might as well spend it on something.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of [U][B]Riddermark[/B][/U]ed For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ [U][B]Landroval[/B][/U]

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    345
    Thank you for this information, Sapience. It's good to know all this!

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,116
    Oh and ah, if only that shield could be dyed!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,323
    Quote Originally Posted by Meladon View Post
    How will the Skirmish Trait Max Rank work if i don't have the previous rank upgrades bought, i still have the default max rank.
    If it works like the previous expansions (and I have no reason to believe otherwise) it is just the highest Max Rank which applies - so it will not matter if you have any of the previous rank upgrades or not.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    466
    Is the +10 quest slots still only for freep side or has this been changed/fixed?

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,323
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcor View Post
    Right, I got that. The thing I want to make sure of is no content surprises. As I recall, with Rise of Isengard, TP purchase did not include the Draigoch raid (I guess because the store item was a quest pack) while expansion purchase did. This time though, the Helms Deep TP purchase is the full expansion, including whatever non-expansion updates follow, correct? Hopefully I'm making myself clear.
    If you bought the Rise of Isengard EXPANSION in the store (with TP) I am fairly sure the Draigoch raid was/is included. If you just bought the Isengard QUESTPACK, the raid would not have been included.
    For Helm's Deep there will not be an option to just buy the questpack, so the only option will be the full expansion.
    (For most of the previous expansions (with Siege of Mirkwood as the exception), if you buy them with TP in the in-game store, you can choose to buy either the full expansion, or just the corresponding questpack. If you buy just the questpack you will not get everything that is in the expansion, but the missing components can usually be bought separately.)

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,323
    Quote Originally Posted by Second-cousin View Post
    Hey, Sapience. How long should we expect before the expansion price drops to twenty dollars instead of forty like the RoR and RoI have? I don't have a lot of extra money to spend on video games so I'm trying to weigh my options carefully.
    There might well be a temporary sale at some point, but a more permanent drop in price will probably not happen until they start to sell the next expansion. If that expansion follows the same schedule as the last few, you should expect a price drop for HD somewhere around August/September next year.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload