We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Changes i would like to see in this game

I read most of the new developer diaries and i am not impressed at all.Almost all big MMO games since WOW came have pvp,while this game lacks the exicment which pvp brings.I mean why do we all spent hours of trying to get the best gear,do instances and stuff?why do we use the trait system when we cant duel against eachother to see our styles,which is more effective etc.I mean whats the point when u are done raiding etc,when u get the items you want.What do you do next?Wait 1 year for another 10 levels or play another char?I mean come on....and this game has great potencial for pvp,it has great graphics,great gameplay etc.
    I think this is the main problem why many players left this game,and dont bother to come back.I understand some ppl enjoy the content,the epic story and stuff,but for others who came here wishing to get well geared and fight against eachother in order to get some rank,fame,medal whatever...and left dissapointed.
    Some ideas about PVP :
    1-Fight in some layered map(big map with scaled levels=where u can fight only +- 5 level difference players)and by slaying some1 who is bigger level than you,or better ranked you get some kind of medal or fame which puts you in some kind of list of ranked players(the player with most kills=the best pvp player is number 1 ranked on the server).
    2-Guilded fights,enter a map with your guild and duel against other guilds in order to get some rank,point whatever...
    3-Once a week war=enter a hour or two long war,between different races,guild or something simmilair and fight for some ground,towers,camps etc.and those who win get some kind of boosts,medals,items etc.

Also i would like too see improvment on legendary legacies

There are too few legacies and for example if you are a champ,you will see that almost every second champ has the same legacies as you have.So i think there should be more legacies you can chose from,maybe some of them can give some passive skill etc.Also the champ rune for example has little use...first age for level 65 is 95% the same as 85 first age,only difference healing rating which many dont care about.I dont know how or what,but i suggest turbine to start working on these legendary weapons and runes.

Instances and Raids:
    i think there are many instances in this game which are done once at most and they are soon forgotten.So i think they should all be scaled.You wont see very often nowdays some GA,Moria or Lothlorien instances being run for example.So this makes the early and mid game poor and unpopulated.Why would some1 create new character when all the focus is on the level cap.You cant find groups for hours and days to run a single instance or raid if arent 85 or soon 95.
    Also i think more raids should be added and they should be much bigger(not for 12 ppl),they should be like for 24-25 people like Helegrod, and i think tier 3 should be added to increase this terrible gold item drops but it should be much harder and only the best equiped and cordinated people can do it.Also i think some 3-man and 6-man instances should be hardened and take at least 20-30 min to be completed on average,cause this GB,Annumnias or 3-man Absence instances are a joke now,and people finish them in 10 or less minutes..and they run them 10000 times a day.There should be a limit for a number of instances per day,for example no more than 5 instances per day and no more than 2 runs of the same instance in a day,while raids should be ran only once a week.

And finaly about these new changes coming with Helm's Deep:
    trait system:I think points should be gained only by leveling,or thru maybe doing some raid deed or something.I dont think doing quests and simmilair stuff for point is the right way.
    seals:i think there should be much more usage of seals and i dont agree about reseting them
    And about the new armor gear:i think its better if there were couple of armour sets(3 or more sets for every trait set),and those can only be gained thru getting pieces of some gems or something simmilair from raiding and doing instances or by doing these new BIG BATTLES.The armours and cloaks lotro gave us are terrible,only 1 might cloak for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Salezver View Post
    I read most of the new developer diaries and i am not impressed at all.Almost all big MMO games since WOW came have pvp,while this game lacks the exicment which pvp brings.I mean why do we all spent hours of trying to get the best gear,do instances and stuff?why do we use the trait system when we cant duel against eachother to see our styles,which is more effective etc.I mean whats the point when u are done raiding etc,when u get the items you want.What do you do next?Wait 1 year for another 10 levels or play another char?I mean come on....and this game has great potencial for pvp,it has great graphics,great gameplay etc.
    I think this is the main problem why many players left this game,and dont bother to come back.I understand some ppl enjoy the content,the epic story and stuff,but for others who came here wishing to get well geared and fight against eachother in order to get some rank,fame,medal whatever...and left dissapointed.
    "But all the OTHER kids get to do that!" is hardly a compelling argument.

Still, you *can* duel other players. Use the sparring system (but, please do it away from crowded areas).

For some of us, one of the major *attractions* of LotRO is that such Pv(M)P as there is is (a) purely consensual (no one can be forced or tricked into engaging Pv(M) if they don't want to) and (b) locked away in a separate zone precluding ganking newbies or otherwise being annoying to all those around the ardent Pv(M)Pers who are uninterested in that activity.

Anyone who came to LotRO expecting "great PvP" didn't do any research up front. While it *may* be true that some PvMPers have left the game, there is no evidence in hand that there were ever large numbers of people engaging in PvMP, nor that it was ever considered a core area of the game. It has always be a sort of side game.

In general, not only has that train left the station, but it didn't stop at this station in the first place.

Lotro is a PVE game with a side dish of non standard PvP called Monster Play.

The game was originally planned to launch without any PvP. Several features were added late in the development cycle prior to launch with limited resources:
    1) Crafting
    2) Dyeing our gear
    3) PvP

Of those three Turbine has spend considerable resources on extending and expanding crafting and coloring our stuff. PvP however gotten very few resources. For example, Turbine planned a new PvP map as part of the Mines of Moria expansion back in 2008. That map has been delayed, restarted and cancelled multiple time. I doubt that map will ever be finished and released to live.

There has been very little in way of few bells and whistles added to PvP in past six years. All I can remember is the:

1) Addition some new Creep classes

2) Changing the reward system from Destiny Points to Commendations

3) The addition of space that requires PvP success to open the space to one faction or the other called the Delving of Fror. It is possible for zero, one or both factions to have access to the Delving of Fror.

4) The addition of the control points for the Delving of Fror called Outposts that have to be taken.

5) Addition of tooling, game master support and rules to suppress fight clubbing. It seems like most of the 2013 effort will be dealing fight clubbing. Plus the required changes to update the Creeps and the Ettenmoors for the level cap going to 95 with Helms Deep.

One big difference between our PvP and most other games is that there is only only full playable faction. You play on the Creep side. You start with a level capped character. You do not have gear on the Creep side. It is only the Freep that levels characters and has gear. The Freep side gear is primarily designed to help you do difficult PvE content.

The balance for PvP is like Swtor. Swtor balances Faction to Faction. Swtor has shared stats> Swtor has gear and stats that are only for PVE and PvP. Swtor does not support internal faction fighting.

One big problem with Lotro is that PvP balance normally takes some time after major changes to the Freep side like what occurs with level cap raise and the Freep class revamps. The Creeps may find themselves being crushed when the Freeps get to level 95 and return to the Moors.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

With the exception of DDO, about which I know very little,* all Turbine games have featured
    only consensual PvP. Nobody can make you fight another player character if you don't
    want to (unless you've just made a brand-new character and forgotten to get into Options and
    turn "Enable Sparring Requests" OFF). This seems to me to be the only reasonable way to
    have PvP at all.

______
    *I played the beta, made a Cleric, died and died and died, and could never get out of Level 1.

It didn't help that people on the beta forums, who presumably had played a lot of D&D, kept
    saying "BUT! A Cleric is a Powerful War-Mage!!" ... well, not at Level 1 she isn't.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Also might add this from this thread:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...73#post6998973

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    <stuff about Player Council Visit>
    So quick info, that I can actually share focuses a lot on the council itself (which was a large part of the intention of the meeting).

• <list of stuff>
    • Several members had very long conversations with Jinjaah and Hoarsedev and others about PvMP. Very.. very ... long...

2-Guilded fights,enter a map with your guild and duel against other guilds in order to get some rank,point whatever...

Oh man, no way. For someone like me that stays the Hell away from any form of pvp, this would be terrible. I would hate to log on and find out my kin is in some kind of pvp war.

One thing that no one seems to point out is that Turbine undoubtedly has all sorts of spread sheets, graphs, and figures on how many players do what, where, and when, in the game. I bet they have all sorts of meetings around a table discussing what the players are doing, like which quests are mostly used and so on. And most of all, they know exactly how many players go to the Moors, and base their plans on how many players PvE and PvmP.

Personally, I would like you guys to get your new zone and whatnot, as long as my PvE gameplay is not affected. But wrong or right, Turbine puts it's money where they feel the most profit will come, and I don't see them anticipating a profit from the Moors.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

WBS is offline Weatherstock Wayfarer
    Destroyer of Worlds
    Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    With the exception of DDO, about which I know very little,* all Turbine games have featured
    only consensual PvP.
    It's the same in DDO.

There are a couple of PvP areas located in taverns which are "pit" areas that you have to manually jump down into before anyone can attack you. You can also click on another player and challenge them to an arena duel which transports you both to an arena where you can fight each other in a few different modes. This also has to be accepted by the other player. From what I recall you can also take groups into the arena if you wish, but I may be remembering that wrong now, it's been a couple of years since I last played.

Some ideas about PVP :
    1-Fight in some layered map(big map with scaled levels=where u can fight only +- 5 level difference players)and by slaying some1 who is bigger level than you,or better ranked you get some kind of medal or fame which puts you in some kind of list of ranked players(the player with most kills=the best pvp player is number 1 ranked on the server).
    3-Once a week war=enter a hour or two long war,between different races,guild or something simmilair and fight for some ground,towers,camps etc.and those who win get some kind of boosts,medals,items etc.
    Regarding the PvP, everytime you post a suggestion for it outside of the PvP forums you will hear the same tired and irrelevant commentary "it was an add on to the game at the last minute" or some connation of it. The fact of the matter is, that was years ago, several in fact and PvP, presently, is a viable end game feature that many people participate in. Additionally, its value is such that turbine has made it exclusive for free people players only if they are VIP subscribed. So the short of it is, you are in the wrong forum. You will get nonsensical replies by players who's opinion don't seem to be rooted in the current realities of Lotro PvP. Your ideas aren't horrible but the assumption is that turbine has the desire and mechanics to do it. The more you play lotro PvP the more you begin to understand the limitations. Finally, what you also have to account for is ROI, its not invalid to say that PvP is not consumed by a large portion of the player base. Now largely that's turbines fault, certainly if it were more dynamic (like your examples) some may view it as nice PvP game. It simply isn't that, and if we look back at the updates turbine does you can see a clear redundant pattern. Essentially you're running through Bree over and over its just got different quest giver names. There isn't much innovation here, youre paying to be in ME that's the hook. The fact you can play as a minion of sauron at all is a bonus. Add a viable method to monetize the moors more broadly and you might get more traction, in the pvp forums.