We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Helms Deep Rotation

Hey guys with all the changes in HD to the captain skills I am curious what you beta tester found out to be a good rotation. I'm mostly interested with the dps aspect but if you have a tanking or healing rotation to share I would be very interested.

First off, get BuffBars - as it makes it so much easier to see which state you are in (I have a hard time distinguishing those icons... even with glasses =\

That said, it boils down to essentially doing what you were before, but paying attention to your combat state.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    First off, get BuffBars - as it makes it so much easier to see which state you are in (I have a hard time distinguishing those icons... even with glasses =\

That said, it boils down to essentially doing what you were before, but paying attention to your combat state.

I never heard of this! I will defiently need to check it out as I agree they are way too tiny.

I was only brining up this question because with the loss of defensive strike and the cool down reduction of almost every skill I am wondering how the skills flow with each other and if anyone has found a solid rotation. For example pre HD I always made sure to pop defensive strikes too keep the buff up and I rotated through the usual battle shout->db->boe and then maybe smack a bleed down before my traited battle shout was available. But I can see some really awesome dps options as we now have at least two skills that trigger a battle readied state. Also it seems we get buffs for the state we are in so I was thinking that we may it is a good time to drop some bleeds before moving into the next state. I hope this makes sense.

In that case, the most important thing to know is that you need to follow Battle-Shout with Sure Strike, because that's how we activate the Tactics buffs now.

The loss of Defensive Strike isn't as big a deal as you'd think. Sure Strike essentially fills the same spot in our rotation that DS used to. Its cooldown went from 6s to 3s (same as DS), so you can essentially weave Sure Strike in between every skill activation if you want to, or else use it multiple times while waiting for other skills to come off their cooldowns.

Or, if you really feel like you need an extra skill to fill out gaps in your rotation, you can snag Gallant Display from the HoH line. It's on a 5s cooldown, and it tiers up to encourage you to use it repeatedly in your rotation. It gives a fellowship-wide heal, and it deals more damage than Sure Strike once you start tiering up the buff (though it can be BPEd, unlike Sure Strike).
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!