We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: So sad

So sad

Today..i saw a creep running from a rez circle into a group of freeps at least 12 times in less than 5 minutes..over and over.. why do you ruin the game this way people? No, i didn't report it...and no..i'm not going to name names..instead..i got disgusted and logged out. Even if lotro doesnt kill pvp..this certianly will. Someone explain the fun in that? Anyone? Bah dont answer...just please stop the blatant farming.

Thanks
    I'd ask you if you got the point....but the feathered shaft tells me you did.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21501000009ccd5/signature.png]Shakhuruath[/charsig]

One lone person will not ruin pvp. HD, now that will ruin pvp.

That being said, what this person was doing was incredibly lame. Almost as lame as the freeps that kept killing the creep.

You didn't do anything but QQ (and it's fine but you always should report stuff like that) I on the other hand took action later this evening/morning in a similar situation. And got more then one person in trouble.

This was taken at grams. Was going on 1hour before i even logged on and good 30minutes without me interfering. Dude kept making new freavers (better raiting) and just feeding. When asked to stop he said he won't and report me.
    Not the same situation you talking about a different one and with a different outcome

There was also others farming this freaver (who obv knew what he was doing and he knew all the players and how moors works. Hence not being totally new in moors and not releasing what he was doing was not okei. Most likely a ex-freep player or current).
    Not gonna mention the names of the other freeps who took part in this farmfest, cause they stopped after a few kills and left. (ONLY right thing to do!)
    But this LM did not stop after 2hours and would have continued if he only could.

argio r11 burglar | trytofarmme r10 reaver | trytoloveme r10 spider | ikissedafreep r10 blackarrow | roargh r9 warleader | trytocatchme r9 warg |

later when this reavers name was "whatifitdoesntend" and they moved up to lugz hill was funny to watch how the reaver didnt even move a bit when the lm attacked him. like in your video the last kills.
    Venacava R11 Runekeeper | Getsyoulaid R10 Blackarrow | Femmefatale R8 Weaver | Genka R9 Stalker

Sounds like you guys haven't seen that many clubbers around before. Concider yourselves lucky and take proper action against them to keep your server fun
    [center][URL=http://s1170.photobucket.com/user/Glohir/media/99b92620-47a6-43d6-8b52-1ff43a173a35_zpsz90debot.png.html][IMG]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r524/Glohir/99b92620-47a6-43d6-8b52-1ff43a173a35_zpsz90debot.png[/IMG][/URL][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by CSM_River View Post
    Hello, I’m River, Customer Service Manager at Turbine.

For some time now, the Customer Service team has been reading your comments and thoughts regarding “rank farming’. Together with the Developers, Community team, and players council we have come up with a clear, official definition and policy regarding “rank farming” in the Ettenmoors.

“Rank Farming” is officially defined as the intentional surrender of your character to an enemy; resulting in a purposeful defeat and a gain of Infamy or renown to increase rank. Rank Farming is specific to Ettenmoors PvMP (Freep vs. Monster Player). The enemy can be controlled by any player - either the same player controlling the surrendering character, or someone else.

Participation in Rank Farming is an abuse of our game mechanics, and against our rules. Customer Service can identify this behavior and will take the appropriate action on both accounts involved, based on our findings. This activity can also be reported to the in-game staff for review.

This policy is effective immediately and is *not retroactive*. We will not be taking action on previous potential violations. Any reports filed should be of actions witnessed after the publication of this policy.

Please remember that we have multiple ways to verify players are participating in this behavior. Additionally, players who frequently report others falsely may also be subject to disciplinary action for harassment.
    In my opinion, the video is a grey area based on how I interpret this policy change.

Are there a lot of loopholes in this policy change? Yes.
    Do I consider this rank farming? No.
    Would I do this myself? No, not with the witch hunting going on.
    Would I do this myself a couple years ago? Yes, until it got boring.

If the player controlling the avatar dying over and over is not the player farming or someone they know, then is it farming? Not in my opinion.

There is no grey area at all in this video. That LM isn't new, he knew this was farming, yet did it anyway. I for one am totally shocked at what I just watched.

He was intentionally killing someone who was intentionally surrendering, so that holds him accountable.
    (I think they even mentioned that somewhere in the Farming Policy thread)

Both parties can and should be held accountable in this situation.

If 1v1ers are being banned for farming, and this isn't banned, we will see how much a joke this new farming rule really is.

"Thinking you can do something is confidence; doing something is competence"
    Bannerman, r11 War-Leader/
    Ryzer, r13 Captain/ Ryzur, Minstrel.
    Skill and Valour/Divide Et Impera, Landroval. .

how do you know they dont know each other? the reaver kept making new toons - new rank 0 reavers - and was talking in ooc, mentioning other freep-players names, saying that they didnt get banned for farming. so it was NOT someone who just ran out as a newbie - and he would run into the lm not only at grams.

and yeah if it was the kills in this video only, okay. but remember its a sequence out of a two hour action.
    Venacava R11 Runekeeper | Getsyoulaid R10 Blackarrow | Femmefatale R8 Weaver | Genka R9 Stalker

Quote Originally Posted by lasx View Post
    how do you know they dont know each other? the reaver kept making new toons - new rank 0 reavers - and was talking in ooc, mentioning other freep-players names, saying that they didnt get banned for farming. so it was NOT someone who just ran out as a newbie - and he would run into the lm not only at grams.

and yeah if it was the kills in this video only, okay. but remember its a sequence out of a two hour action.
    If I wanted to get someone banned, I would do the same.

Sorry but, grey area in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrinoth View Post
    One lone person will not ruin pvp. HD, now that will ruin pvp.
    See Nim, if Wardens, Champs and Minis didnt manage to ruin pvp during RoR, then nothing will... Pvpers have been through so much this expansion that you could nuke ettenmoors, and they would still keep on going... Thats how resilient we have become...

On the topic....

It really doesnt bother me anymore if someone is farming... It used to, before they made it something you can get banned for... Now if you see someone farming, you just report them and spread the word around the forums (and the frustration is gone)... Why not let everyone know?

Farming is basically a cry for help... Players that farm are "####" players and by farming they are consciously admitting they are ####, and that they need help...
    And most of the times its not kills they need... Its hugs...

See, being a kill machine is not what makes you a great player... Its the way you play... Are you fair to your opponent? Do you give your enemy a chance to fight back? Do you try to keep the battlefield a dynamic environment? Do you abide by the written and unwritten rules? That is what makes a player great....

Those that cant achieve that go in the opposite direction... And become farmers, AKA "####" players...

Feel free to make a list of known farmers and ill be happy to add this adjective next to their name.

Hope this post made you feel better...
    Last edited by zagreb000; Nov 15 2013 at 04:15 PM.
    [CENTER][URL="http://postimage.org/"][IMG]http://s5.postimg.org/oiz5srzbr/download_1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[COLOR=#ffffff][I][B]Only fools and dead men never change their mind[/B][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Your opinion is a good one, and it is yours. In my opinion, you're defending him because he is a friend. But nonetheless, I will attempt to change your opinion with a snappy comeback to counter your statement!
    Hehehe

If someone wanted to get another person banned by "feeding" them, wouldn't the person being fed have the sense to realize it, and leave? He stood there for at least 4 minutes (all we see in the video, and its obviously edited for run back times so I imagine about 3-3 1/2 minutes of recorded farmage (like that new word?)) killing the same person.

But, to agree with you somewhat Apache, this could be just a case of right place, right time, but only if there wasn't video proof. So, I guess I just disagreed with you, oh well.

In the end, there is evidence of The LM farming.

What will be done you ask? Probably nothing, but we can hope, there's always hope...

I had to log in just to watch this guy in action. I just saw 5 freeps kill this freaver over 100 times. Three of the freeps are high rankers that have been caught farming in the past. As soon as the freaver declared he was logging, all 5 mounted up and left grams.

Freeps never care if other freeps farm some of their rank, this has been proven many times. But it makes me laugh now to remember high ranked freeps flipping to creep so they could hunt down the farming wargs. They even enlisted myself and other creeps to help them in their hunt. If high ranked creeps even consider accusing a freep they get ridiculed and trolled by the freep population.

It is just interesting to see two sides of the same game handle a problem. Good luck and happy hunting. Let the flaming recommence.

Quote Originally Posted by b4jet9597 View Post

If someone wanted to get another person banned by "feeding" them, wouldn't the person being fed have the sense to realize it, and leave? He stood there for at least 4 minutes (all we see in the video, and its obviously edited for run back times so I imagine about 3-3 1/2 minutes of recorded farmage (like that new word?)) killing the same person.

But, to agree with you somewhat Apache, this could be just a case of right place, right time, but only if there wasn't video proof. So, I guess I just disagreed with you, oh well.

In the end, there is evidence of The LM farming.
    Farming or Rank Farming?

I've pointed this out when CSM_River first made his or her post. That there will be a time when people will be baiting for farming and there will be those that bite whether through their own ignorance or intentional selfishness. When you first made your reaver here and Akia and I kept killing your group over and over for a good hour and a half. Was that farming? You know my stance on this issue and I personally warned you about this situation long ago.

@Malgil, there is plenty of shunning, disdain, and flipping to creeps to hunt out farming freeps that are still being employed now. And as an additional note, the farming wargs farmed a total of over 2 million infamy. Femba and Edimmu were just better at it.
    Last edited by Apache140; Nov 15 2013 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache140 View Post
    Farming or Rank Farming?
    I've pointed this out when CSM_River first made his or her post. That there will be a time when people will be baiting for farming and there will be those that bite whether through their own ignorance or intentional selfishness.
    Yes, I read your post. Now reread what you just posted, I even copied it for you. So, your saying, the LM was either ignorant, selfish, or a blatant farmer? But wouldn't the average farmer be a bit of all 3? I could give the benefit, and say maybe the LM wasn't really aware of what he was doing, that could definitely be. But, I know the LM, he is knowledgeable enough to know what he was doing was in fact, wrong. And as of late, against the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache140 View Post
    When you first made your reaver here and Akia and I kept killing your group over and over for a good hour and a half. Was that farming? You know my stance on this issue and I personally warned you about this situation long ago.
    I do recall these camps.

To answer your question, I could point you back to your original quote from River (and i'm to lazy to dig for it) that clearly says that any farmers wouldn't be punished for past offenses. You can't punish someone for breaking a rule before it was a rule.

To your statement bringing up a past conversation, that I in fact did not forget about. If you remember, I agreed 100% with you, it will be EXTREMELY hard to pinpoint, and punish farmers, but with hard evidence that issue is easily resolved. A 4 minute video IMO is hard evidence.

In the end, The LM will most likely not be punished, just because where there is one opinion, there are others who also share the same opinion. Maybe a Dev shares the same opinion as you Apache, or anyone else who thinks the LM was just in the right place, at the right time....for 4 minutes...

Yes, I read your post. Now reread what you just posted, I even copied it for you. So, your saying, the LM was either ignorant, selfish, or a blatant farmer? But wouldn't the average farmer be a bit of all 3? I could give the benefit, and say maybe the LM wasn't really aware of what he was doing, that could definitely be. But, I know the LM, he is knowledgeable enough to know what he was doing was in fact, wrong. And as of late, against the rules.
    Whether it is against the rules or not will be determined by a CSR. In my interpretation of the rule (which I sought to clarify with no dev response) it doesn't seem like farming to me. Like someone said before, people are getting banned for 1v1s, but it was only the person who did the dying.

You're confusing my interpretation of the rule versus what I think is right or wrong. I don't think this is right and something should be done or the rules changed or clarified, but all I can work with is what are the current rules. See 5th stage of Kohlberg's morale development. I could care less about civil disobedience in a game.

To answer your question, I could point you back to your original quote from River (and i'm to lazy to dig for it) that clearly says that any farmers wouldn't be punished for past offenses. You can't punish someone for breaking a rule before it was a rule.
    And I'd do it again.

Touché sir, touché.

This argument will go on for days Apache, your opinions are your own, mine are mine.

I say he's a farmer 100% and should get a lengthy ban.

You disagree.

That's it, let the Devs sort it out.

Also, i'm out of snappy comebacks.

Aww, why so upset? Yes, it's me - but I always spell it 'Wutif'.

Consider a basic comparison of freepside content and creepside content. How many opportunities and venues do freeps have to develop, custom-tailor, equip and maximize their character performance? Do freeps start at the disadvantage in pvmp or do creeps? As Turbine's own guide text states, if you start as a creep, you have work to do (ie: if you're a creep, you're the underdog - that's how its meant to be).

Now then, I create creep characters at rank 0. I rush out into combat. I die. Is that so odd? So unusual? Is it honestly out of the perspective of reasonable behavior for a monster? What do most monsters do when a freep comes within their aggro range?

Answer: They charge, they attack relentlessly, and they die conveniently (without informing their superiors), so their attackers receive drop loot, quest credit, etc. as their assailers (freeps) were meant to.

In Turbine's pathetic farse at establishing a fair, balanced pvmp environment, they can make these token, utterly ineffective efforts to rule against rank farming and enjoy all the fruitless impunity of their position, formally no longer responsible to their subscriber base. They are powerless to legislate. They are powerless to enforce. I, as one simple example, am able to create an endless supply of f2p accounts to supply my freep benefactors with victims, renown and commendations. Turbine hasn't simply rendered my efforts 'not hard'. They have made it convenient. They want freeps to have this sort of easy benefit and reward. It's built into the system.

Do I do it to please unnamed kinmate freep friends of mine? No. As I have told others before, I don't play freepside - I got sick of the arrogant, entitled, selfish nature of freepside lotro players a long time ago.

I do this because we live in a world where those who establish policy have gone comfortably unaccountable to the responsibilities of their positions for far too long. It's time people like Turbine stop wallowing in pretense and actually put in the time, effort and money to prove they really care about matters they are held responsible to care about (if they do), or else to own up to the fact that they neither care, nor are able to, within the profile of their finances.

Honestly, the matter doesn't come down to flaws in Turbine's company policies or freeps moral flaws, however. The system is what it is. LoTRO is LoTRO. If you want to be a creep and complain about how easy freeps have it, let that be your choice. If you want to be a freep and enjoy the benefits of Turbine's ineptitude in administration, do that. I think we're probably waiting for a characteristically new system and an entirely new mmo to break the trend and give us something better and greater and full of such 'inappropriate' virtues to a profitable company as integrity, morality and decency if we want something more than Turbine and LoTRO offers us, anyways.

Regardless of which, or whether, or what the future may bring... I am here. I will continue to offer freeps a wealth of easy renown. I don't think it's anything Turbine hasn't intended for them - though I understand I'm making it easier than they might have otherwise desired. I will not be stopped. Turbine does not have the power to stop me as such. Let the freeps win their easy victories and reap the benefits thereof. Let Turbine take notice, and resolve the sins inherent in their actions... or not. They will rise or fall by their virtues and flaws as any company must.

Perhaps it is fate that another better, more virtuous designer will come to represent J.R.R. Tolkien's writings in an even better, more beautiful stroke of the brush than ever before.

Not that we deserve better. We're human beings. We suck.

-W
    Last edited by Wutif; Nov 16 2013 at 05:35 AM.

Way to be a difference maker, keep up the good work. One day in the far off future the world will remember both you and Gandhi for your great sacrifices for the benefit of your fellow humans. ./salute

Meow!!!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000010f300/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Nyahh View Post
    Meow!!!
    +1 same old stuff innit
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000098363/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]