We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: PvMP Helms Deep

PvMP Helms Deep

Is there anything happening with the Ettenmoors zone wise, Monster wise and Freep wise? Interested in how PvMP is being kept fresh with this new Helms Deep expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfrum View Post
    Is there anything happening with the Ettenmoors zone wise, Monster wise and Freep wise? Interested in how PvMP is being kept fresh with this new Helms Deep expansion?
    Just in case you're not in fact trolling and didn't notice the top post on this forum...

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...eta-Discussion

Even my Signature is trolling!

I'll explain, here:

Beta testers speak of Moria 2.0.
    That means one shots, rediculous bugs, and they also mentioned various exploits.

So it will go like this for the first three months. After that, an update might come, trying to fix things, which will only make 'em worse. Three months later another update will come, introducing probably one or two single target boss raids, which will mean first agers and other shinny stuff for freeps. At that time Elder scrolls online will launch, so CYA! (My guess is that, at that point Moors will be empty like never before)
    ~Nimolas R11 Warden (Retired before RoR) (Snowbourn)

~Eralwen R10 hunter

As far as i heared:

From Freeps side - prepare to...earn the same insane s***load of renown you are getting atm. Ranks are meaningless like never before as you can almost make them while standing around afk.

From Creepside - Gentlemen you will keep on suffering.

Those comments above made me to purchase VIP again and rock the Ettenmoors again.

Always stick to OP side.

Spoken as a true easy moder ( But I am melee can't be )

Quote Originally Posted by Yelloweyedemon View Post
    I'll explain, here:

Beta testers speak of Moria 2.0.
    That means one shots, rediculous bugs, and they also mentioned various exploits.

So it will go like this for the first three months. After that, an update might come, trying to fix things, which will only make 'em worse. Three months later another update will come, introducing probably one or two single target boss raids, which will mean first agers and other shinny stuff for freeps. At that time Elder scrolls online will launch, so CYA! (My guess is that, at that point Moors will be empty like never before)
    Agreed, i think over the few months with all these new mmos coming in people will simply leave lotro for good and will be empty like never before. But then again most pvpers left this game a long time ago, it is just dramatically dying over the years due to neglect.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky View Post
    Agreed, i think over the few months with all these new mmos coming in people will simply leave lotro for good and will be empty like never before. But then again most pvpers left this game a long time ago, it is just dramatically dying over the years due to neglect.
    People come and go, pvp was never first priority in lotro, most people play this game for pve and not pvp. like you said the most hardcore alrdy left. and lotro is a nice game to have beside the other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by FireFrost View Post
    People come and go, pvp was never first priority in lotro, most people play this game for pve and not pvp. like you said the most hardcore alrdy left. and lotro is a nice game to have beside the other ones.
    Thing is, PvE is suffering much more than pvp. Heck, they do not even bother to make raids anymore. They release raids 6 months (or more) AFTER the expansion release, plus those are not really progression raids. Just a single boss mechanic which is 1 week's work MAX. On top of that the price of each and every expansion after SoM is just ridiculous. Other games release proper expansions with dungeons,raids and extra things to do for end game, and charge 10-20 dollars. Lotro releases an empty expansion (end game wise) and charges 40 dollars minimum?! With the 'promise' that you will get 3 dungeons and a raid 6 months later?! ...

~Eralwen R10 hunter

Thing is, PvE is suffering much more than pvp. Heck, they do not even bother to make raids anymore. They release raids 6 months (or more) AFTER the expansion release, plus those are not really progression raids. Just a single boss mechanic which is 1 week's work MAX. On top of that the price of each and every expansion after SoM is just ridiculous. Other games release proper expansions with dungeons,raids and extra things to do for end game, and charge 10-20 dollars. Lotro releases an empty expansion (end game wise) and charges 40 dollars minimum?! With the 'promise' that you will get 3 dungeons and a raid 6 months later?! ...
    True, PvMP is a lot more alive than the raiding community, these days. The tiny updates you get in Ettens, offers a lot more playtime than any raid content.

But people also have a different view on what constitutes as PvE. Solo questing and solo rep/currency grind, is fresh and sufficient PvE, according to a lot of players. I find it dull myself and not even close to proper PvE. Big Battle seems to be all about the things I dislike, run around solo and do a lot of repetitive clicking.

I will still enjoy the new story quest-line of course. Always do, they put a lot of work into that part, has always been their priority. No other commercial MMO comes close in terms of telling a compelling story. Buts that's also more of a Lotr/Tolkien experience with a great atmosphere, than actual PvE. It feels like playing through a great adventure in a console game, or watching a movie.

I honestly doubt Lotro will ever get a new PvP instance or map. Same can be said about new progression raids.

It has always surprised me that Turbine allowed PVP to languish, even more now that they've embraced Pay to Win.
    They introduced some unique concepts - even their initial half-awake job at the Ettenmoors really had some notable ideas.

I would think the fact that the Ettenmoors is a sort of instance with unlimited playability would be enough to earn it a bit more attention than it's received.

My theory is that they've not been able to emphasize the Ettenmoors because the server technology cannot handle large scale PVP battles.
    I'm thinking they understand the money making potential of the zone - as well as its ability to hold players - but that there is some expensive, technological road block that makes it unfeasible to make the zone a big attraction.

I think they'd rock that zone if they could.
    I think they have no choice but to ignore it.

The good thing is at least they've admitted they intend to basically ignore the zone.
    We really cannot complain at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Slevin76 View Post
    As far as i heared:

From Freeps side - prepare to...earn the same insane s***load of renown you are getting atm. Ranks are meaningless like never before as you can almost make them while standing around afk.

From Creepside - Gentlemen you will keep on suffering.
    Dude you must be dreaming. Come HD, freeps are going to be destroyed. Creeps = ruhtarded dps & crazy heals. Kinda like how freepside is now. Get ready for the tables to be turned.

Just go https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...eta-Discussion and read for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by clarabelle View Post
    No other commercial MMO comes close in terms of telling a compelling story. Buts that's also more of a Lotr/Tolkien experience with a great atmosphere, than actual PvE. It feels like playing through a great adventure in a console game, or watching a movie.
    Nah, in my opinion the last time where the game was atmospheric was back in OD update. After that, everything seemed too hasty made. (Well, maybe with a few exceptions in some parts of RoI story)

The most atmospheric MMO I've played is RIFT by FAR, but I would sooo not recomend it. Especially when it comes to pvp it is one of the worst games (mmo) I've played. (Others seem to like it though)

~Eralwen R10 hunter

Nah, in my opinion the last time where the game was atmospheric was back in OD update. After that, everything seemed too hasty made. (Well, maybe with a few exceptions in some parts of RoI story)

The most atmospheric MMO I've played is RIFT by FAR, but I would sooo not recomend it. Especially when it comes to pvp it is one of the worst games (mmo) I've played. (Others seem to like it though)
    the rift was a fun game, but that is it. I really disliked the way the build the map. I loved things like the creeping forest with the werewolfs, only to find out that the house of the old witch is almost in the dessert instead of deep in the woods.

Lotro got the world speaking for itself, with good tought instances and the way quest npcs spawn in places to keep you into the area and the story line. I don't like half assed work as they did in the rift.

What I saw in beta...

- Overpowered freeps (LM's, Hunters, RK's)
    - Overpowered creeps (Reavers doing 21k+ damage in less than 3 seconds)
    - Exploits
    - No update on PvP gear, not sure if it will be updated when it goes live today
    - The chests still suck, not worth spending ToV's on
    - No changes whatsoever to the landscape or PvP in general

Note: Not sure if any of this was changed/fixed between Beta 6 (the last beta test) and live.

Quote Originally Posted by Elderban View Post
    What I saw in beta...

- Overpowered freeps (LM's, Hunters, RK's)
    - Overpowered creeps (Reavers doing 21k+ damage in less than 3 seconds)
    - Exploits
    - No update on PvP gear, not sure if it will be updated when it goes live today
    - The chests still suck, not worth spending ToV's on
    - No changes whatsoever to the landscape or PvP in general

Note: Not sure if any of this was changed/fixed between Beta 6 (the last beta test) and live.
    Translation for my warg brethren: Tag freeps about 5 seconds before the Reaver train rolls into the station.