We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Turning of the Tide is looking for players just like you!

Turning of the Tide is a friendly, casual kin based on a love of the game at all levels. Our members enjoy questing, crafting, exploring, deeding, socializing, and running instances & end-game raids as often as we can. So no matter what your play style or focus, there's a place for you here! If you get stumped on a hard quest or instance we generally have some experienced players around who will find the time to help you. We have no age or experience requirement, but do expect all members to behave in a mature respectful manner.

We are currently recruiting and can offer a tightly knit community with a laid-back approach where having fun is the goal; we're Lifespan Rank 10, have a kinship house, have a Teamspeak server for voice chat and our own website & forum for scheduling events, sharing screenshots, chatting & keeping touch outside the game. Check out our kin site at http://www.turningofthetidekin.com

If you're looking for friends to explore Middle Earth with, look us up! Send a tell or an in-game mail to an officer for an invite. We hope to game with you soon!

Joellanor, Kin Leader
    Officers to contact: Joellanor/Jorielle/Elemmiri, Rrithilion/Gilgarad, Corbras/Magalin, Madona, Sumthet/Krios, Adalant/Ardelen, Flytank/Flytripper
    Last edited by Joellyn; Oct 01 2011 at 01:13 PM.

Re: Turning of the Tide is looking for players just like you!

To anyone who might be reading this.... My hunter is in this kin, and i find it to be a very good kin! All the members are friendly, and will help if needed. If you're looking for a good, close kin, this is a good one to check out! Look me up if you want info....

Woot! We've reached Lifespan Rank 10, yayyy!! Now I feel old lol.

Hi! This is my first exposure to MMO though I've played single player. I'm still in the kiddie pool nearing level 7 but I expect to be allowed in the deep end at any moment.

I'm a hunter and so far love the experience. It does take a bit to get used to not being able to pause. In my current single player game the space bar is the pause. The first time I got attacked from behind I instantly hit pause and my avatar jumped as though he was startled. That was probably the most real to life reaction the poor guy has ever had.

I spent some time looking for a home on LOTSO and was instantly attracted to your Kin. If you accept me I will amaze you with my tales of.. well, lets save that for another day shall we?

Smile hey whats up its asuran

trying to get back should be on with a 5 day limit

Hey Asu! Good to hear from you, hope you get in game soon

I couldn't get into your site. Do you guys pvp often?

Sorry about the confusion, there was an error in the kin website link, it's fixed now.
    PVP isn't really our primary focus, but a few of our members do hang out in the moors a bit.

Turning of the Tide is currently chock full of tanks lol. While we wouldn't turn away any new tanks if you'd like to join, we are most in need of healers as well as dps and support classes. Recruitment is still open for all roles but healers are what we need the most, so if you're looking for a friendly bunch of people to hang out with give us a try.

Do you guys run 6-mans often?
    Fordakidz(sapience) says, 'THIS IS MY ROCK! THERE ARE MANY LIKE IT BUT THIS ONE IS MINE!

Quote Originally Posted by Nindolvoth View Post
    Do you guys run 6-mans often?
    Yes, we do the more common runs quite frequently trying to help everyone gear up, and we're also learning the newer ones like Sari-Surma & Lost Temple. We are currently working on the 12-man Dar Narbugud also, we generally split it into 2-3 nights over the weekend to make it a bit more maneageable.

The ROI expansion has brought everyone out of the woodwork it seems! The race to 75 is on, but I'm finding I really enjoy taking my time and enjoying the content, with quests I haven't done 9 times already. : ) But as always, Turning of the Tide is still recruiting and welcoming active friendly players to game & grow with us.

Check us out at http://www.turningofthetidekin.com and if you're interested click the Application link at the top & follow the instructions (the application is mostly a formality, but is a good way for us to get to know you). Then send any officer a tell in-game for a kin invite.

Joellanor, Kin Leader
    Officers to contact: Joellanor/Jorielle/Elemmiri, Rrithilion/Gilgarad, Corbras/Magalin, Madona, Sumthet/Krios, Adalant/Ardelen, Flytank/Flytripper

IMHO...this is a fantastic 'Ship to join. I have been a recruit now for just a few days and have been very impressed with the activity, as well as the helpfullness coming from my new Kinnies. Went on my first raid with the group into the Tower and the leader (Flytank) was fantastic.
    I am extremely happy and look to be involved for a long time!!!

Thanks to any and all...

B

Thanks B!! We're glad to have you!

Cool Re: Turning of the Tide is looking for players just like you!

Hi I wasent sure if I should of Pm'd you this or not, but your guild seems exactly what I'm looking for. Would you be interested in a new tank? I just made a dwarf tank today called "Goromir" and I've never really tanked before in LOTRO. But I have a couple times in WoW so I'm just going in with the same concept of holding as much aggro I can from MOBs. He's a lvl 6 right now (will change soon). But yeah, I'd like your opinions on the necessity for tanks and if I would be a welcome addition in the community?

(Please PM me with a response, thanks again!)

Sure, we're always recruiting and all classes are welcome! Just check out our kin site at http://www.turningofthetidekin.com, read the kin info page, and if you're interested click the Application link at the top of the page & fill it out. Then send a tell in-game to any officer & we'll get you kin invited.
    Sorry about the late reply, I've been out of town for the holidays - but I also sent you a pm here on the forums. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!
    Jo (Joellanor/Jorielle/Elemmiri)

Always looking for active players. Low or High skill sets accepted. Not sure what you're doing? That's fine too, we can help.

Cool Re: Turning of the Tide is looking for players just like you!

Hey folks, we're also looking for UK players and players around the GMT zone. I am very experienced in all the end game instances and most of the others as well and willing to lead if we get enough players in our time zone. As always, you can check out the kin site at http://www.turningofthetidekin.com/ or send a tell to one of our officers or me if you see me around on Elgan, Titana or Mirbo. Hope to see you soon.

Turning of the Tide is still in open recruitment, but we have a particular need for guardians & burglars. We are a casual kin that also likes to raid, so if you're looking for a fun friendly home in Middle Earth, check us out! Be sure to click the Kin Info link at the top for our rules.

update: we are now looking for loremasters and captains as well to bolster our raid ready crew as we're running multiple runs of raids. if you'd like to casually raid and are willing to learn about your class and raid roles in end game instances, we'd be happy to have you. we're recruiting from all time zones. if you see us around, send us a tell!

Turning of the Tide is recruiting new members from all races and classes once again! We'd love to have you along for questing, grouping, instancing, and casual raiding. If rolling out into Rohan with a large group of friendly and helpful players excites you, please check us out at http://www.turningofthetidekin.com. Read through our kin info and rules pages to see if we're a great fit for your playstyle. Apply today from the link on the main page if you like what you see

We're always recruiting and all classes are welcome! Just check out our kin site at http://www.turningofthetidekin.com, read the kin info page, and if you're interested click the Application link at the top of the page & fill it out. Then send a tell in-game to any officer & we'll get you kin invited.

We are currently experiencing a shortage of tanks and healers. Even though they are preferred, we are still accepting applications from all players and classes!

It's been a while since we last updated this thread! Most of us have been on break awaiting Helm's Deep..and now that it's here, we're back

Turning of the Tide is actively recruiting new players! It doesn't matter what your play style or focus is. Our members enjoy questing, crafting, exploring, deeding, socializing, and running instances/raids as often as we can while lending a helping hand in the process! We're a casual, laid-back kinship and we do our best to keep it drama-free

Want to learn more about us? Visit our kinship site and feel free to fill out an application if you're interested in joining us! http://www.turningofthetidekin.com/index.php