We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thumbs down New class: Ranger-wraith

Just placing this "anti-suggestion" here, hoping it will never find it's way into LOTRO.

The primairy objective of this thread is to kill the horse and have it buried the very ill-omened day it was born. We shall not necro. We shall not post new threads about a topic that has been discussed to death before. Hear hear and in before the lock.

The secondairy objective of this thread is to inform LOTRO's devs about my opinion of the concept of a Ranger-wraith.

No Ranger-wraiths in LOTRO as a class. Unless the class comes with an Undead Professor Nemesis that "grows with you" and ganks the joy out of you every 5 minutes while corpsecamping you as a fly would a fresh steaming pile of dung.

I could use up a lot moar chars but I think I've made my .

They wont copy stuff from Shadows of Mordor game

Gotcha ya

I suppose creep-side could do with a new class...

But yeah, that would be a straight copy-and-paste job, need something more original then that.

Quote Originally Posted by Melunielsigh View Post
    They wont copy stuff from Shadows of Mordor game

Gotcha ya
    I know.

Still someone at sometime in the near future is going to suggest this. Hence the pre-emptive strike.

Also someone at Turbine is going to discuss this at the coffee table or whatever. And my answer to 'wouldn't it be cool if...' can now be known.

Yeah my reaction that game was oh looks nice, oh every enemy is a nemesis sounds interesting, oh ranger wraith! sounds c..... waiwha!?

I'm not sure why Aragorn or anyone was all too worried about Frodo being stabbed by that morgul blade, he's a hobbit he'd have been a good wraith i'm sure!
    Nothing here matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorwyn99 View Post
    Yeah my reaction that game was oh looks nice, oh every enemy is a nemesis sounds interesting, oh ranger wraith! sounds c..... waiwha!?

I'm not sure why Aragorn or anyone was all too worried about Frodo being stabbed by that morgul blade, he's a hobbit he'd have been a good wraith i'm sure!
    Ah well, this game has avatars with red radiating hands. That game will have avatars with blue radiating hands and eyes. Before anyone thinks that's a really small stretch (only different color and additional eye glowy), it's not. It is not!

Now, would a ranger wraith make for a decent arch nemesis NPC? Amdir would have something to say about that...

How about a ranger wraith pet for the Captain or LM. Just a Thought.
    "...[FONT=Comic Sans MS]BECAUSE I HAVE MY AX EMBEDDED IN HIS[/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][COLOR="#00ff00"]NERVOUS SYSTEM![/COLOR][/FONT]" -Gimli

Quote Originally Posted by SearingBlade View Post
    How about a ranger wraith pet for the Captain or LM. Just a Thought.
    First the Balrog pet, then we'll talk.
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

Quote Originally Posted by Thorwyn99 View Post
    There is no such thing as a good wraith. They are all enrolled on Team Sauron. As the OP has already pointed out,
    this is a Very Bad Idea.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    There is no such thing as a good wraith. They are all enrolled on Team Sauron. As the OP has already pointed out,
    this is a Very Bad Idea.
    I think Thorwyn was being sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainothon View Post
    Just placing this "anti-suggestion" here, hoping it will never find it's way into LOTRO.

The primairy objective of this thread is to kill the horse and have it buried the very ill-omened day it was born. We shall not necro. We shall not post new threads about a topic that has been discussed to death before. Hear hear and in before the lock.

The secondairy objective of this thread is to inform LOTRO's devs about my opinion of the concept of a Ranger-wraith.

No Ranger-wraiths in LOTRO as a class. Unless the class comes with an Undead Professor Nemesis that "grows with you" and ganks the joy out of you every 5 minutes while corpsecamping you as a fly would a fresh steaming pile of dung.

I could use up a lot moar chars but I think I've made my .
    LOL, but it looks sooo cool!

Great post. I think the countdown is on until this game is released and does become someone's serious suggestion...
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend," Faramir in TTT by JRRT.

This game will be a lore abomination, but it looks fun.
    Meshoot, rank 9 Blackarrow, Officer of Freepaphiles Riddermark
    >:} Memento Mori {:<
    Aka Grumpis the honorable Mustelidian Pew Pew of love and cheery brightness.
    >The Mustelidian Cult is the cult, is the cult for you and me<

Luckily Tolkien is dead so he does not have to see this...might sound a bit harsh, but you know what i mean.
    Truth and Justice

They must have used red matter to travel thru time/create a parallel reality so that the original works of Tolkien are not changed, but they can now make up whatever they like

/Lore-Powers ACTIVATE!

Durrga R13 Hunter *Highguard of Numenor /Medwulf (semi-retired) R10 Champ / Vei the Burg R9