We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Item contracts

Lightbulb Item contracts

On the announcement boards or task boards, there could be an actual interface for players to create contract requests and to fulfill them, much like task turn-ins.

A player would go to the board, create a contract, select the item / crafting material / weapon / etc (even things like Putrid Slime of Helchgam) they're looking for, put in how much they're willing to pay for said thing, and see if another player will fill that contract. Also there would be a Contracts chat channel where the new contract automatically sends out a notification on that area's contract channel. If someone needed 30 logs of yew wood to finish off their crafting tier, for instance, they might put a good price on anyone who could bring it in. When the player turns it in it's much like a quest - including experience, and the posted reward - and the goods get automatically mailed to the poster just like the Auction House does when a bid is won.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Please be constructive.

This should be done via the Auction Hall. The AH already supports WTS (Want To Sell) orders. It could be extended to WTB (Want To Buy) orders. The problem is convincing Turbine to extend the AH functionality. The last time a Turbine employee talked about the AH it was stated that the AH is a finished feature only very minor changes will be done going forward. A number of the game features belong to the "finished" category. No enhancements are going to be done.

The 2013 feature of the year is a housing update. Maybe kinship support will be the 2014 feature of the year.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Thumbs down

You just described the Auction House & Trade channel. The only difference is the xp, but that is not necessary. With the many xp bonus this game have, i cant see why someone will want 5k xp for every junk loot item (aka task items) sold in AH.

True, but it would streamline trade and instead of aimlessly grinding for mats, you could go out with an idea of what someone is already looking for, knowing you can "sell" it when you get back. I'm just saying it would be a handy feature. Also, as for it being something the Auction Hall could handle - yes, it could, if they would put it in there. But you yourself said they won't, so why kill a potential feature just because it won't fit into an already finished part of the game? Again, it would have effect of being similar to the Auction House; but it would also be more fun, like the daily task board; so it would be an expansion on the Task Board instead of an expansion of the Auction House. Also, it could/would have a daily limit just like the task board so people don't exploit the XP side of it.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Arcsmith View Post
    True, but it would streamline trade and instead of aimlessly grinding for mats, you could go out with an idea of what someone is already looking for ...
    I don't grind aimlessly for mats. I farm what i need. If by chance i obtain way higher results than what i expect, i sell the extras on a moderate price. Also, i keep track of the supply demand of all products that people buy in the server & post them accordingly.