We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by enginekid88 View Post
    Do you have a source that confirms your claim?
    Yes.

But I don't think it has happened to me.....lol...I say that, cause I don't troll the forums checking. I've been active on the boards lately because of my disgust for HD and the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Still 100% the wrong way to go about providing feedback.
    In my opinion this is an incredibly immature and counter-productive view of customer feedback. Let me make a couple of points initially to support what you possibly think is an inappropriate attack.

Firstly, you make huge assumptions about an individual's literacy ability when you decide that the tone of their feedback somehow negates the substance. This is shooting the messenger in its most obtuse form. And this is before we even talk about players for whom English may not be their first language.

Secondly, to allow an emotional response to interfere with a business-based issue is extremely unprofessional. You may think that it is unfair that your customers are allowed to get emotive whereas you're not. Well, here's some news for you - you get paid to take this kind of feedback. There is always a huge imbalance in the customer/supplier relationship, particularly when the product is clearly very optional and discretionary for the customer. You can, of course, choose to "fire" a customer by giving them a permanent ban, but on the whole the power in any relationship always resides with the party who has least to lose from walking away from the relationship, and the bad news for you is that this isn't you.

Thirdly, and finally, I am amazed that any customer focused organisation would find it acceptable for a senior member of staff to tell any customer that they are 100% wrong.

The really sad thing though? The tone, content and contempt for those customers with whom you disagree displayed in the posts in this thread are no longer surprising, but are pretty much par for the course. At some point, Turbine has to take a close look at themselves and accept a large part of the responsibility for their extremely disgruntled customers, irrespective of what they may think of us personally.

Thumbs up

Riru, verry well put.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000264409/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    lvl 95 Champion / Rank 10 Arkenstone Server / Officer - Order of the Cresent Dragon / Kuznumshi lvl 95 Reaver / Rank 7 Arkenstone Server / Grunt of Tribe of Aracnophobia

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Riru View Post
    In my opinion this is an incredibly immature and counter-productive view of customer feedback. Let me make a couple of points initially to support what you possibly think is an inappropriate attack.

Firstly, you make huge assumptions about an individual's literacy ability when you decide that the tone of their feedback somehow negates the substance. This is shooting the messenger in its most obtuse form. And this is before we even talk about players for whom English may not be their first language.

Secondly, to allow an emotional response to interfere with a business-based issue is extremely unprofessional. You may think that it is unfair that your customers are allowed to get emotive whereas you're not. Well, here's some news for you - you get paid to take this kind of feedback. There is always a huge imbalance in the customer/supplier relationship, particularly when the product is clearly very optional and discretionary for the customer. You can, of course, choose to "fire" a customer by giving them a permanent ban, but on the whole the power in any relationship always resides with the party who has least to lose from walking away from the relationship, and the bad news for you is that this isn't you.

Thirdly, and finally, I am amazed that any customer focused organisation would find it acceptable for a senior member of staff to tell any customer that they are 100% wrong.

The really sad thing though? The tone, content and contempt for those customers with whom you disagree displayed in the posts in this thread are no longer surprising, but are pretty much par for the course. At some point, Turbine has to take a close look at themselves and accept a large part of the responsibility for their extremely disgruntled customers, irrespective of what they may think of us personally.
    Turbine has long since stopped caring about their customers. They no longer give a darn about what we think. This only gotten worse since WB took ownership. A Company known only to care about the bottomline and nothing else.

As long as there are a handful of customers With big wallets who spend enough in their cash shop each month, they could care less what we think.

All you can do at this point is vote With Your wallet. I did it 2 years ago by stop being VIP! Helmsdeep has been the last drop of Money they received from me and I will never spend another dime for any of their games.

The Helmsdeep expansion has got to be the worst they have released so far! So many Things are broken, non-functional and completely out of Balance. It´s not even funny!
    And let´s not even talk about the state of the Client. Performance Down the drain over the years. Ripe With memory leaks they don´t bother to fix. Etc.
    It feels like we are back in early Closed Beta again! And that With a 6 year old game. /facepalm

And then we got Senior staff members who are allowed to abuse their Power as they have displayed here. It just makes me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Still 100% the wrong way to go about providing feedback.
    That's not true. It can be born of passion.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasFlora View Post
    That's not true. It can be born of passion.
    So can the defense of the game but when we do it we are called ignorant, and fanbois, rude and insulting when using the same vocabulary that is used towards the Devs.
    Play the game or go home. It is apparent the changes that people have been fighting for for years are not going to happen so why stay behind on the boards (some have mentioned they have not logged in for years ) and ruin the experience for everyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Firemane0 View Post
    So can the defense of the game but when we do it we are called ignorant, and fanbois, rude and insulting when using the same vocabulary that is used towards the Devs.
    Play the game or go home. It is apparent the changes that people have been fighting for for years are not going to happen so why stay behind on the boards (some have mentioned they have not logged in for years ) and ruin the experience for everyone else?
    Unfortunately some people seem to feel a need to use rude language when trying to make a point - I guess it reflects their limited real-life vocabulary. I just think it is wrong whatever side of the fence you sit on. So far this week I have been called 'the most ignorant person in the world', idiot, fanboi, stupid and also had someone suggest they hate everything I post. I give up; now I am just reporting, ignoring and moving on. My ignore list has gone from zero after 6 years to around 10 after 6 years and a few months.
    The Balrog lives!! Oh, and give MECCG a try.

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000002be0/01008/signature.png]Eladrath[/charsig]

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5