We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Change forum name

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if someone knows if it is possible to change your forum name?

I was stupid and in a hurry when I innitially registered for the forums and didn't even think that I would be making use of the forum at all.
    My login name was allready used by someone on this forum and so was my main character's name, thus I just stupidly and very immaturely typed in this current forum name I have.
    I reaaaaly don't like it and hope there is a way to change it!

I'm not sure you can change your forum name...I would try sending a PM to Sapience.
    I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

I have been wanting to change my forum name as well, but this is in the FAQ:

My Forum Username is the same as my game Username and I want to change it.
    We are not currently doing forum name changes based on user requests, but are hoping to make this available again in the future.

(source: http://support.turbine.com/link/port...RO-Forums-FAQs)

So unfortunately changing your forum name isn't possible (at the moment)
    [img]http://www.djelle.dk/sig-lotro.jpg?&f=gp&id=7350385&lo=1x0s0xqh2j591&t1=Iminye%20Silithair&t2=Elven%20Maiden%20-%20Hunter&t3=Blossom%20in%20the%20Snow&k=Ignition&i=images6.alphacoders.com/358/358157.jpg[/img]

Arrrr, okay. Thanks for the replies
    Guess it's my punishment for being too hasty :P

changing a user name in vbulletin is as easy as logging into the administrator control panel, calling up the name to change, changing the name, then scrolling down to the bottom of the screen and clicking 'save'.

turbine is simply choosing not to allow whomever the admins are to do so. understandable, seeing as how they have more important things to worry about at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by whostolemyname View Post
    Arrrr, okay. Thanks for the replies
    Guess it's my punishment for being too hasty :P
    You know what treebeard says........
    Meshoot, rank 9 Blackarrow, Officer of Freepaphiles Riddermark
    >:} Memento Mori {:<
    Aka Grumpis the honorable Mustelidian Pew Pew of love and cheery brightness.
    >The Mustelidian Cult is the cult, is the cult for you and me<

Quote Originally Posted by Eldaarwen View Post
    changing a user name in vbulletin is as easy as logging into the administrator control panel, calling up the name to change, changing the name, then scrolling down to the bottom of the screen and clicking 'save'.

turbine is simply choosing not to allow whomever the admins are to do so. understandable, seeing as how they have more important things to worry about at the moment.

Normally i would agree with you, in most installations of VB you can do it easily through the administration control panel, but on these forums i think it may be a little more difficult, they use a custom module to force VB to use the accounts database instead of having its own which means to change it they would have to edit it on the accounts database end, now if they haven't made a program to do this editing then it would mean they would have to physically enter the database and find the correct account and adjust it manually, that means it would have to be a DB engineer who does the editing and having a team of DB engineers on hand 24/7 just in case a name needs changing is rather costly.
    [I][URL="http://www.swgrp.co.uk/main/socks/"]Wet Socks & Two Smoking Hobits: the mad ramblings of Handee Pokits[/URL][/I]

Talking

This account I'm using now was from a friend (a girl) who don't play LotRO anymore.
    I'd love to change the name to another one more manly.
    I think I'll choose a bearded hairy gauradan avatar lol
    Naragturg (Dwarf/Hunter/Landroval)
    "At your service, and your families"