We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The Hytbold model + Epic Battles

Helm's Deep is already built and we have no part in the construction. Not so for many other places that could find themselves under siege! Nothing's happened in Forochel for awhile now, right?

I would love to see areas that we can build up and have our upgrades have real impact on an epic battle. Repairing the wall, building the towers, getting the forge cranking out weapons, whatever we've built is going to be helping us stay alive. There could be slightly different versions of the instance based on what major structures are up on the landscape when we launch it, or the landscape upgrades could mean we have extra soldiers/barricades/weapons to work with when the battle begins.

Obviously to keep the fight from getting easier and easier the enemies would be adding new things to their attacks based on how many upgrades we have. Sallying out to kill the stronger and stronger enemy commanders or capturing their supplies could provide the currency to spend on defense upgrades. The end goal would of course be to have such a strongly defended position that the enemy tries to break the siege with an oliphaunt attack.

Quote Originally Posted by ManaBone View Post
    The end goal would of course be to have such a strongly defended position that the enemy tries to break the siege with an oliphaunt attack.
    And just where would *Saruman's* army of orcs and Dunlendings get an oliphaunt?

Quote Originally Posted by whheydt View Post
    It's amazing what Isengard can buy with five Mithril Coins.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsix66 View Post
    It's amazing what Isengard can buy with five Mithril Coins.

Oh come on, it would be at least ten!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    [I][FONT=comic sans ms][COLOR=#ffff00]Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    Both wrong - 20
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

As long as the level of repair is persistent among all players then this is a great idea. I do not like they Hytbold model in that everyone get's their own personal Hytbold to repair. Areas of the wall could continuously be built up and damaged and the players efforts could have a real effect on the battle, similar to how fire oil in keeps works in PvMP.

Quote Originally Posted by whheydt View Post
    Oliphaunts have a very long nose that allows them to smell things very far away, like a smelloscope. Every so often one catches a whiff of fried taters and charges in the direction of the shire. They start to get tired and slow down a bit when they're nearing Isengard, where they can easily be captured by a few hundred trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    Sorry, but Isengard never bids more than five.