We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by kidnova78 View Post
    Here's a quote from an SOE director about the change and the resulting backlash:

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news...ies-nge-update

SWG wasn't a behemoth, but it had a steady and dedicated base of 200,000 - 300,000 subscribers pre NGE. Many of those players left when the NGE hit. Did that kill the game? No, they brought in enough new subs to continue supporting the game for several more years, but it is the prime example of a company completely disrespecting their long-time players. From what I've heard I don't think the upcoming class revamp is on par with the dramatic changes that the NGE introduced, but some of the reactions are in the same vein.

Oh ok if even SOE admits they are at fault it must have been REALLY bad, thanks for the link.
    Nothing here matters.

Quote Originally Posted by FittyBolger View Post
    Edit: The first page and a half of this thread started so well... People didn't agree with me but offered polite constructive opinions without being abusive or personal... so much for longevity and yet another locked thread in the making.
    The thread is probably gonna get locked anyway regardless of other posters replies given the subject matter. This is a waste of time. For Turbine to even take notice, you'd have to have the majority player base do this on all servers plus stop spending money & the ones who could cancel there subs. I do not see that happening. You can beat this to death all ya want but the changes are coming.

Quote Originally Posted by rosey21 View Post
    The thread is probably gonna get locked anyway regardless of other posters replies given the subject matter. This is a waste of time. For Turbine to even take notice, you'd have to have the majority player base do this on all servers plus stop spending money & the ones who could cancel there subs. I do not see that happening. You can beat this to death all ya want but the changes are coming.
    Hehe... Those of us who have been fighting against the Tree system as implemented are quite used to others declaring us "The voice of one crying in the wilderness".
    We are very much aware the Trees are coming. We also see that the Trees could be made better or even excellent with some changes.
    Some changes have already been made and perhaps the opposition played some role in gaining these changes.
    Maintaining vocal opposition may be futile but it also might keep on the heat for further change... I don't claim to know... but I do intend to keep trying.
    [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JayDeeHobbit/media/LOTROs-1.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/JayDeeHobbit/LOTROs-1.jpg~original[/IMG][/URL]
    [color=limegreen][b]Wulfgrim Ghastban, Hrothwine and Galdrefyst of Rohan - Peckish of the Shire -- Riddermark[/b][/color]
    “I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” JRRT

Hehe... Those of us who have been fighting against the Tree system as implemented are quite used to others declaring us "The voice of one crying in the wilderness".
    We are very much aware the Trees are coming. We also see that the Trees could be made better or even excellent with some changes.
    Some changes have already been made and perhaps the opposition played some role in gaining these changes.
    Maintaining vocal opposition may be futile but it also might keep on the heat for further change... I don't claim to know... but I do intend to keep trying.
    Well i'm sure the trees won't go away but if any other game with a tree system is an indication, there should be alot of balance changes. As much as the devs are against losing the double point cost for out of spec trees at the moment.
    i can see that as something that might come back on the table at some point, for example.
    Nothing here matters.

Edit: The first page and a half of this thread started so well... People didn't agree with me but offered polite constructive opinions without being abusive or personal... so much for longevity and yet another locked thread in the making.
    Pfft some of the best stuff I post these days ends up in threads that get either locked or locked and deleted. And that is poor reward for what I put into those posts. Mighty poor reward.

But that is beside the point of this thread. It is merely an observation of mine of late. Though admittedly it has made me less prone to be a part of this community. I do not like my efforts going to waste.

Speaking of which: effort! one of the highlights of the beta was the effort betatesters put in their constructive feedback and the devs putting that feedback to (their own) good use.

I'd wish to see that constructive effort continued, for it brings much positive things to the table. It is great when devs and players get to interact. Much better than polarization.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorwyn99 View Post
    Well i'm sure the trees won't go away but if any other game with a tree system is an indication, there should be alot of balance changes. As much as the devs are against losing the double point cost for out of spec trees at the moment.
    i can see that as something that might come back on the table at some point, for example.
    Indeed Thorwyn. The out of spec penalty was never a concern of mine as I was more interested in keeping more default skills.
    I also believe there will be changes and keeping visible (vocal) can only help these changes along.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainothon View Post
    Pfft some of the best stuff I post these days ends up in threads that get either locked or locked and deleted. And that is poor reward for what I put into those posts. Mighty poor reward.

But that is beside the point of this thread. It is merely an observation of mine of late. Though admittedly it has made me less prone to be a part of this community. I do not like my efforts going to waste.

Speaking of which: effort! one of the highlights of the beta was the effort betatesters put in their constructive feedback and the devs putting that feedback to (their own) good use.

I'd wish to see that constructive effort continued, for it brings much positive things to the table. It is great when devs and players get to interact. Much better than polarization.
    Agree.
    It was my observation that the Devs seemed to disappear after BETA 3 though.
    Shame really as the communication did add a sense that our concerns were being taken under consideration and some were acted upon.

I have a real sense that the Dev resources were just stretched do thin to deal with the massive amount of feedback they received.
    I also feel (sadly) that some classes were treated better than others due to the same lack of resources.

In a week we will see the end product though... it is, no doubt, clear that I'm not optimistic.
    [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JayDeeHobbit/media/LOTROs-1.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/JayDeeHobbit/LOTROs-1.jpg~original[/IMG][/URL]
    [color=limegreen][b]Wulfgrim Ghastban, Hrothwine and Galdrefyst of Rohan - Peckish of the Shire -- Riddermark[/b][/color]
    “I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” JRRT

Quote Originally Posted by bohbashum View Post
    blatant attempt to get thread locked? well done! I hope so too!

I defended the devs as people shouldn't insult them and form completely pointless discussions there.

if your going to spit your dummy out over every bug and exploit found in beta's you might as well quit entering them right now. thats kinda what they are there for.

changing your opinion or not means nothing. it can prove many things, neither side is outright better. negative feedback isn't worth less than positive feedback. making a sit-in and a bias poll, now thats useless.

"clique group" was refering to you trying to devide your "minority" against the rest.

clique
    n.
    A small exclusive group of friends or associates.

note: exclusive. your dividing opinions and players and putting them into catagories of which there is no need. kind of like completely splitting ALL players into raiders and soloers. so is there no middle? no give or take? you either do the sit-in and prove your worthy of being a hater or you love the system? no, I'm sure thats not what you want nor what'll help anyone. that clique is setting themselves in for a fall in all ways. so before when you claimed "could unite the community" your not. you'll split up and the latter will fall with nothing to fall back on.

why not just let people have there opinions and be alone in that? that way your not making people pre-judge a system they might otherwise enjoy and your letting people form there own opinions at which they themselves can give unbiased feedback on what they want so developers can see what players want. not what you want emulated from someone else.

you really thought this thread would go un-challanged?
    Thank you for your input Bo.

I actually think there was more complaining about mounted combat last expansion. I also think that worked out alright.... Much ado about nothing. Especially when "they" had most of us at "Mordor"....

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost
    The old who are strong do not wither
    The deep roots aren't touched by the frost...
    ~JRRTolkien~

What will happen at Vocal-Minority-Stock? Nothing... just sitting there.
    Objective? Just to let Turbine know that the radical class changes are not wanted and to consider alternatives such as have been suggested in BETA.

Any better ideas? Suggestions? Anything?
    Yes, If you're going to do it, start BEFORE the 18th to generate the most traction. Consider the Wayfinder events (DDO) and their Impact on U20.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Class changes, as we have stated since approximately January, are coming. As we explained in beta, these changes are coming. As we made very clear to the very small number of players in beta who still felt we were not being clear on the topic, these changes are launching with Helm's Deep - period.

Many, many beta players have played these changes and helped us make sweeping changes to the arrangements of skills, exposing some of them as general skills available to all regardless of the tree chosen, and invaluable feedback on making them markedly improved from the original concept and Alpha and early Beta builds. All due directly to the majority of players who participated in beta and generated constructive, useful feedback. Literally hundreds upon hundreds of changes made thanks to their feedback.

We hope that process continues throughout launch and beyond as the team continues to tweak, adjust, and balance the system further. Reverting, removing, or 'rolling back' to the old way of doing things is not an option.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3