We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thumbs up How about a little love to kinships?

Hi

I think Lotro is great game that holds up well to its newer competitors in many ways. Not in the content and mechanics related to kinship/guilds imho.
    It's probably been discussed over and over in the past, that other games provide alot of fun guild stuff that lotro doesn't have. I am thinking of
    - kinship buffs
    - kinship banners, cloaks or tabards with own design
    - kinship progression after 10 through:
    -- kinship quests
    -- kinship deeds
    - more kinship titles/ranks

In my opinion as a social kinship kinda guy, having a few of these would improve the game much more than a new instance or two.

Believe these are old ideas, what do you think about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Muddo View Post
    Hi

I think Lotro is great game that holds up well to its newer competitors in many ways. Not in the content and mechanics related to kinship/guilds imho.
    It's probably been discussed over and over in the past, that other games provide alot of fun guild stuff that lotro doesn't have. I am thinking of
    - kinship buffs
    - kinship banners, cloaks or tabards with own design
    - kinship progression after 10 through:
    -- kinship quests
    -- kinship deeds
    - more kinship titles/ranks

In my opinion as a social kinship kinda guy, having a few of these would improve the game much more than a new instance or two.

Believe these are old ideas, what do you think about it?
    Imo kinships indeed deserve some love, it would encourage people to do more stuff with their kinnies and have fun together instead of the solo play the game is going to.

I don't think it would improve the game much more than a new instance or two though.. Having some great kinship improvements is nice, but if you want to have kinship deeds, you need something to complete them with, and that would be instances, if there are no new instances to complete and still the old ones scaled again then people won't bother finish the kinship deeds in such bored instances.

Just my 2 cents.
    [center][URL=http://s1170.photobucket.com/user/Glohir/media/99b92620-47a6-43d6-8b52-1ff43a173a35_zpsz90debot.png.html][IMG]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r524/Glohir/99b92620-47a6-43d6-8b52-1ff43a173a35_zpsz90debot.png[/IMG][/URL][/center]

i was thinking already many times that if there weren't other people playing the game, i would have already left it couple of years ago. i'd welcome changes like this, meaning changes for something, that is missing, instead of changing something, that people are getting disappointed with and that has been working for them for long time now, which happens here often. if it was up to me, i sure would invest something more into social part of the game, and making new stuff instead of recreating old stuff all over, and sure i'm not the only one. but it still would have to be something designed well enough to keep people enjoying it for longer than a month. improving kinships would also mark them much better once someone is deciding which one to join. stuff like banners, outfits, buffs and so on would be like an own handwriting.

it's kinda hard to believe that they don't devote enough time into social part, while we socialize in the game every day, and when from newcomers i very often hear that lotro has the best community from mmo games.

I will definitely get behind designing kinship logos. Hnnngh.

Hi

- kinship buffs
    DDO has these and they are a huge mistake. It essentially makes running early dungeons on elite (for high-speed leveling: DDO makes leveling multiple times important) a guild-size check. Players without a large guild either suffer the threats originally designed or find their own (and much weaker and level-gated) resists. The bonuses at high level are also significant (in the sense of cost to get that last 1% buff), but typically only needed on raids where *someone* can pass out such buffs.

A suppose Warner may have issues allowing player designed graphics in the game: this allows more content issues than normal. While you might assume that players in a year+ guild with a known activity level would only use appropriate graphics, US law can be much harsher over graphics than text. I doubt it will happen (also a picture takes more space than 1k words, technical issues may trump this before starting).

The rest of it sounds good. The more you can integrate a kinship to the game the better.

Add More internal kinship Ranks:

Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue and Purple (instead of non, Blue and Red)

Let the Leader choose from a list of options a title to associate with each Rank color
    Let the Leader choose what privileges each rank get

About buffs.
    There are good and bad ways to do them. Scaling of course being crucial not to wreck game balance and having them in PvMP is likely not a good idea (or make things even more complicated).

You could have effects that only activate (or activate stronger) in a fellowship made up of only kin members.

As I said already, there are many games with more developed guild functionality, so there is plenty of content to look at for inspiration of what works, is enjoyable or not. Think outside the box!

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...evamp-Proposal

Really good post of revamping kinships, and according to Sapience, devs are very familiar with it...

A few days ago, in one of Sapience's live streams(Extra Life), I asked him if they were going to update kinships... He said maybe, but it's more about the amount of time it would take, rather than the resources needed.
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

./signed More love for kinships!!!!!!
    [img]http://i521.photobucket.com/albums/w334/jrhodes19/saxifae_zpsd8985fca.jpg[/img]

If they aren't going to fix Draigoch, then at least give some kinship love!

Wow, that guy has really planned it out. A lot of good ideas there. A bit disappointing perhaps that the post was made in 2011, with the state kins are in today.

Sure wish sapience comes to his senses on this. As long as we see something.

Wow, that guy has really planned it out. A lot of good ideas there. A bit disappointing perhaps that the post was made in 2011, with the state kins are in today.

Sure wish sapience comes to his senses on this. As long as we see something.
    Sapience is the community manager, he doesn't plan the development of the game - although he is crucial in passing along our comments and feedback. We've had confirmation that it is something they would like to tackle at some point, but no guarantees or anything set in stone. We'll just have to wait and see.
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][B]Galuhad | Narvelan[/B]
    Lore Breakers of Eldar[/SIZE]

[URL="http://www.lotrointerface.com/list.php?skinnerid=3762"]Plugins[/URL] | [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?538975-Accounts-for-New-Players"]New Player Guide[/URL] | [URL="http://www.twitch.tv/galuhad"]Twitch[/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Galuhad View Post
    Sapience is the community manager, he doesn't plan the development of the game - although he is crucial in passing along our comments and feedback. We've had confirmation that it is something they would like to tackle at some point, but no guarantees or anything set in stone. We'll just have to wait and see.
    Dang, galuhad, it's freaky: Every time someone links your revamp proposal, you show up o.o.

Are you watching us?

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    Dang, galuhad, it's freaky: Every time someone links your revamp proposal, you show up o.o.

Are you watching us?
    Everytime a link appears, a warning light goes off alongside a loud siren - alerting me to the new post
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][B]Galuhad | Narvelan[/B]
    Lore Breakers of Eldar[/SIZE]

[URL="http://www.lotrointerface.com/list.php?skinnerid=3762"]Plugins[/URL] | [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?538975-Accounts-for-New-Players"]New Player Guide[/URL] | [URL="http://www.twitch.tv/galuhad"]Twitch[/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by galuhad View Post
    everytime a link appears, a warning light goes off alongside a loud siren - alerting me to the new post
    . Sorcery!!! .

There are so many neat things that players would like to have.

And that Turbine would like to give us.

And that Warner Brothers (now a subsidiary of Time-Warner, Inc.) won't pay for.

We all have our favorite neat things that we would like to have,* all of which fall
    under the above constraints.

_____
    *Some of mine are an indication on the character screen of what time of day it is
    in-game, so that I know whether to log in one character and quest, or log in another
    and craft till the sun comes up. And a mechanism that would allow a LM to keep
    his/her pet summoned while riding a rent-a-horse, the way we can when riding
    our own horses. And an end to Mithril Coins, and I know I'm never gonna get that.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Thumbs up Kinships

In total agreement with Hardiborn,.. I back this 100%.

Sneaqs of Roxxi Manor