We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nevada, U.S.A
    Posts
    67

    Bounder 100% Craft XP Boosts (from toon bound to account bound)



    Is there any chance we could get these crafting boosts account bound, over toon bound? I basically want to stockpile a bunch of them up, but I don't want to have to create every single character in my character list to do so. It would be much easier to simply make it account bound. Some may suggest that it would be overpowered or practically cheating, but it's not like you can't do this now anyway as bounders tokens are account bound to begin with. It would simply remove the hassle of needing to go through the intro on every single character to stock up enough boosts for all of them. The ease of access to them would be nice, from having them in the shared storage for all of your alts to use.

    Any people in agreement to this?
    Last edited by Sliction; Nov 10 2013 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Title change.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000136578/01008/signature.png]Linthurin[/charsig]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliction View Post


    Is there any chance we could get these crafting boosts account bound, over toon bound? I basically want to stockpile a bunch of them up, but I don't want to have to create every single character in my character list to do so. It would be much easier to simply make it account bound. Some may suggest that it would be overpowered or practically cheating, but it's not like you can't do this now anyway as bounders tokens are account bound to begin with. It would simply remove the hassle of needing to go through the intro on every single character to stock up enough boosts for all of them. The ease of access to them would be nice, from having them in the shared storage for all of your alts to use.

    Any people in agreement to this?
    I'd like to see every CONSUMABLE on the vendor account bound, but I can understand why it wont happen (1.Means more MONEY for them 2. Requires downtime to modify )
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nevada, U.S.A
    Posts
    67
    Yeah the downtime is definitely a concern for them though I don't think it would take much downtime to simply update the status of the item from "bound" to "account bound". I figure a few variable changes would be enough for something like that.

    Why exactly does it mean more money for them though?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000136578/01008/signature.png]Linthurin[/charsig]

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliction View Post
    Yeah the downtime is definitely a concern for them though I don't think it would take much downtime to simply update the status of the item from "bound" to "account bound". I figure a few variable changes would be enough for something like that.
    It would require coding changes building a development load to make sure the change work they expect. The changes would have to be done twice once in the emergency fix load. A second for the Helms Deep load. I release candidate would have to be made. Run thru the mill to make sure there are no serious errors. It would be deployed to live with and outage.

    It is 8 days to Helms Deep launch. Everybody is working to get the expansion load done. There is no possibility of this kind of update given the run up to launch crunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliction View Post
    Why exactly does it mean more money for them though?
    Aren't the account bound version only available from the Lotro Store via purchase with Turbine Points.

    Finally, the Helms Deep launch converts all remaining Bounder Tokens to Skirmish Marks. The NPCs and barter options are being removed.

    My personal opinion the character bound attribute was deliberate. That way we have to plan ahead which characters will need these boosts after Helms Deep launches because we have to buy the boosts before the launch.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nevada, U.S.A
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    It would require coding changes building a development load to make sure the change work they expect. The changes would have to be done twice once in the emergency fix load. A second for the Helms Deep load. I release candidate would have to be made. Run thru the mill to make sure there are no serious errors. It would be deployed to live with and outage.

    It is 8 days to Helms Deep launch. Everybody is working to get the expansion load done. There is no possibility of this kind of update given the run up to launch crunch.Aren't the account bound version only available from the Lotro Store via purchase with Turbine Points.

    Finally, the Helms Deep launch converts all remaining Bounder Tokens to Skirmish Marks. The NPCs and barter options are being removed.

    My personal opinion the character bound attribute was deliberate. That way we have to plan ahead which characters will need these boosts after Helms Deep launches because we have to buy the boosts before the launch.
    That makes a lot of sense I suppose. I'd be happy if it was even a thing they did in the future, not necessarily right now.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000136578/01008/signature.png]Linthurin[/charsig]

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload