We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question about the Bundles

Not certain if this is in the right thread, but I hope that since people have knowledge of instances here, y'all can tell me easily.

Do the Skirmish Bundle: Attack and Destroy and Skirmish Bundle: Defend and Hold, contain ALL of the skirmishes in the game? Apart from the obvious instance clusters like Isengard and Rohan, but like all the things people usually do to grind out a level. I want to know because I recently terminated my VIP since it was getting too expensive for me to handle, but I still have enough TP accumulated to buy everything I need.
    I pre-ordered RoI, RoR, and will probably pre-order HD on the night before it's released just because I WANT that SHIELD. Which instances will I need to buy to get every one I am missing? I am aware I am missing everything tied into Moria, Mirkwood, and Lothlorien (Although I think I got Mirk and Loth from fellowship pack with RoI or RoR).

P.S
    About the shield: My kin is not too sure about a question I proposed to them the other day. I know the shield scales per level, but do the two main stats change based on the class you play? The only people in my kin who'd preordered it were hunters (at least those who spoke up about it) so they all had Vit and Agil, but since my main(highest level, not fave) is a guard, will I have Vit and Might? Since my favourite char, the one I plan to play through West Rohan with, is a champ, will I also have Might and Vit on his shield too?
    Owner of the (imaginary)Canadian Zeds kinship on Crickhollow and member of the Brotherhood of the Wolves, also on Crickhollow.

May Chauncy, the brave RK-tank rest in peace in the West.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinuryane View Post
    Do the Skirmish Bundle: Attack and Destroy and Skirmish Bundle: Defend and Hold, contain ALL of the skirmishes in the game?
    No. Neither contains Storm on Methedras, which was added after the bundles were made.

Keep in mind, there's an additional 9 skirmishes you get for *FREE* through Volume 2 and Volume 3 Epics.
    Moria has three Skirmishes, Mirkwood has five skirmishes, Angmar has the final skirmish.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    No. Neither contains Storm on Methedras, which was added after the bundles were made.

Keep in mind, there's an additional 9 skirmishes you get for *FREE* through Volume 2 and Volume 3 Epics.
    Moria has three Skirmishes, Mirkwood has five skirmishes, Angmar has the final skirmish.
    Thanks xD So *FREE* as in even without VIP I can access them without the Epic quest in my log?
    I'll take them out of my shopping cart then. Btw, since I preordered RoI and RoR, which one gives me SoM? Since I can do it but I don't know how I got it.
    Owner of the (imaginary)Canadian Zeds kinship on Crickhollow and member of the Brotherhood of the Wolves, also on Crickhollow.

So *FREE* as in even without VIP I can access them without the Epic quest in my log?
    Yes, and No.

You don't need VIP access to get into Moria or Mirkwood. In fact, since both are expansions, even VIPs need to buy them to do the normal quests in those zones.
    But, you do need to advance the Epic quest chain in Moria and Mirkwood to unlock access to the skirmishes.

Moria: Volume 2, Book 5. Mirkwood: Volume 2, Book 9. Angmar: Volume 3, Book 1.

Once unlocked, you can do them as many times as you desire.
    I'll take them out of my shopping cart then. Btw, since I preordered RoI and RoR, which one gives me SoM? Since I can do it but I don't know how I got it.
    I think it might have been part of the RoI pre-order.

I think it might have been part of the RoI pre-order.
    I checked the store and it says I still need to buy SoM. Which skirms do you suggest I buy? I currently have 3 characters I am working on: A champ, a warden, and a LM. I have a level 85 guardian, a level 5 burg who is more of a storage alt, and when I am done all of the above listed chars I will start more until I have a whole army of capped chars. I plan to either always buy expansions and never leave one out. Whether I will use them or not, I will buy all the quest packs since almost all of them include a instance that might need to be run in the future for special tokens to buy FA symbols and such. But do I really need to buy all of the skirms like SoM, Icy Crevasse, and Attack at Dawn?

Which skirms do you suggest I buy?
    None.

Back in the day, skirmishes were a daily quest type of thing. That's to say the bonus chunk of exp and reputation at the end of the skirmish, only happened once per day, per skirmish. So, the more skirmishes you had access to, the more dailies you could do, the more bonus exp chunks you could get.

Then, they dropped the daily exp chunk in favor of increasing the exp you get from every kill.

Now, we're back to an exp chunk, only you get it every time you complete a skirmish. So, you can keep doing the same skirmish over and over again. You'll get the exp chunk each and every time. So, that's why I'm not advocating getting additional skirmishes.

None.

Back in the day, skirmishes were a daily quest type of thing. That's to say the bonus chunk of exp and reputation at the end of the skirmish, only happened once per day, per skirmish. So, the more skirmishes you had access to, the more dailies you could do, the more bonus exp chunks you could get.

Then, they dropped the daily exp chunk in favor of increasing the exp you get from every kill.

Now, we're back to an exp chunk, only you get it every time you complete a skirmish. So, you can keep doing the same skirmish over and over again. You'll get the exp chunk each and every time. So, that's why I'm not advocating getting additional skirmishes.
    Thank you. I was unaware of the changes in chunk exp. I remember back before any changes happened, I only ever did one skirm per day because I knew I'd get like 3k exp at the end. But I stopped doing them for a while because I only really did Tuck and it got boring.

Presumably, since I didn't know there had been changes, I didn't do another skirm until they changed it back to chunk exp per round, but I still never did them more than once. I haven't done a skirm in a while, but I plan to do some over and over again as soon as I cook supper in like a half hour.

I am working on my level 38 champion and it would be my dream to get him to 45 before the end of the night. I am capable of such fast leveling, especially as a champion with the survivability instincts of a LM(fight or flight).

I just wanted to ease the grind by switching up the skirm every few times. Tuck is my favourite since there are so many mobs. But I also really love Storm on Methedras since there are also a lot of mobs and it's a free glance into Dunland. Since the one skirm is very cheap, I will probably buy it just because I love it so much.
    Thank you for your help xD