We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: harder

Quote Originally Posted by whheydt View Post
    Because I see a lot of unrealistic wishful thinking in the Forums.
    what?

asking for more use of mechanics already in-game in solo play and reworked balance of damage/defense values on enemies?

so unrealistic!
    [CENTER][URL=http://s739.photobucket.com/user/bubushum/media/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png.html][IMG]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx38/bubushum/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by bohbashum View Post
    what?

asking for more use of mechanics already in-game in solo play and reworked balance of damage/defense values on enemies?

so unrealistic!
    Quod Erat Demonstrandum.

Yes for harder areas!

I also think the skill changes will create some more room for difficult enemies being more common. If monsters can sometimes be difficult enough to warrant an extra powerful skill, that's a huge problem if your powerful skills have a one hour cool down. The average and less-than-average players are gonna have a frustrating time dying a lot or some long, long standing around periods.

Now if those skills are toned down a tad and given a 5 minute or so cooldown, the people who rely on them can still make regular forward progress. The better players who don't need as often can take on more enemies and progress faster or hold onto the skills for the most opportune moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyrion View Post

.............................. ....................

And just for the record, you can make an argument for finding LOTRO being too easy without insulting people who don't. Really guys, it's not that hard. And yet time and again, we get the same tired 'Go to Hello Kitty Online' rhetoric which does more to impede your own goal than it does support it. The sooner you learn some tact, the sooner the Devs may start heeding your opinion.
    The 'Hello Kitty' IS being a lot more tactful than most of the decriptions I have heard of how easy people think this game has got. If I quoted on this forum what a lot of players are saying ingame about this subjectI would be perma-banned. Kello Kitty is actually being polite and flattering compared to what is relly being said!

Quote Originally Posted by whheydt View Post
    Quod Erat Demonstrandum.
    "Quite Easily Done."

I agree. thank you for changing your opinion with me.

or do you want evidance? if that isn't clear your so blind and stubbern no evidence would prove anything before you nit pick at details before looking at the evidance before you.

stop being devils advocate and tell us how you feel.

do you really think the game is too hard? it has enough depth?

it's a yes or no question.
    [CENTER][URL=http://s739.photobucket.com/user/bubushum/media/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png.html][IMG]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx38/bubushum/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post

What particular parts of the game do you find too easy?

It's the entire game in general. The regular mobs are just too easy to kill. For example, I have my main, Nymphonic a guard in Wildermore right now and the possibility of dying is the last thing on my mind. Then there are the health tomes, run speed boosts, and rejuvenation potions given to us for free from the Hobbit presents. And auto filled maps and the damn quest tracker.

It's too much. Yes, I understand that every MMO makes the content easier as the game ages, and I think they should. But I think Turbine went way out into left field and lost the baseball somewhere.

Great game. I've always felt that this is the best MMO I've ever played and I still feel this way. I know I'm gonna love Helm's Deep. But yes, I think the game has gotten too easy.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    It's the entire game in general. The regular mobs are just too easy to kill. For example, I have my main, Nymphonic a guard in Wildermore right now and the possibility of dying is the last thing on my mind. Then there are the health tomes, run speed boosts, and rejuvenation potions given to us for free from the Hobbit presents. And auto filled maps and the damn quest tracker.

It's too much. Yes, I understand that every MMO makes the content easier as the game ages, and I think they should. But I think Turbine went way out into left field and lost the baseball somewhere.

Great game. I've always felt that this is the best MMO I've ever played and I still feel this way. I know I'm gonna love Helm's Deep. But yes, I think the game has gotten too easy.
    I agree wholeheartedly! I am currently playing 4 characters around level 20 using XP disablers to keep below quest levels;

My Warden manages 4-5 mobs, 4 levels above his level with ease.
    My Hunter can kill 3-4 mobs, 4 levels above her level before they even reach her.
    My Burglar struggles a bit but manages 3-4 mobs, 4 levels above her level.
    My KoA Lore Master manages 3 mobs with ease or 4 mobs with difficulty, 4 levels above him.
    All 4 characters are still 'Undying'

My characters being able to manage that with onlevel mobs would be an easy game. Managing it with mobs 4 or 5 levels above them is too easy in my opinion. I even (for a bet) initiated combat with my Burglar on an Elite mob, 5 levels higher than her then stepped back from the keyboard and we watched as she killed the elite using auto attacks with no input from me. Now that is totally ridiculous!

Nymphonic, I am going to disagree with you here. The game is not too easy. It is just right for what it is aimed for.

@ Boh, you do realize that the LM is an induction class and basically cannot move and fight. Personally, I like it that way. I also like the fact that on a war-steed the LM is almost the exact opposite.

Again, most of the people I see complaining about 'too easy' are old vets (in this game or in the genre or both).
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Since the release of HD and the new trait trees, I have to agree with the too easy camp.
    One of my few complaints about the new release, the balance doesn't seem right now. My level 30 capt (whom i love since the change) just cuts through hoards of monsters without so much as messing his hair.
    I know we are Heroes ((well I know I am anyways *light glints off his teeth and a breeze ruffles his hair*)) currently it feels a bit to one sided and a bit of a cake walk.
    I need adrenalin and a bit of the old "Bloody hell that was close, only 35 mrl left but I won!"
    Hopefully its just a bit of fine tweaking that needs to be done, now excuse me my Captain awaits.....TALLY HO!!
    Inside every old person is a young person wondering what just happened

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2