We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Will it even be worth targetting a warg with 90 second sprint/hips?

Well?

Wrdz

Will it even be worth targetting a Lrm who can kill you with any induction?

Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    Will it even be worth targetting a Lrm who can kill you with any induction?
    Lol you asked a question while giving the answer

Quote Originally Posted by trollhardorgohome View Post
    Lol you asked a question while giving the answer
    As did you.

Will it even be worth PvPing this update?

Quote Originally Posted by Selebrimbor View Post
    Will it even be worth PvPing this update?
    Yes, unbalanced PvP is still better than the tedium of killing mindless NPCs freepside. We creeps just need to be crafty.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpisaw View Post
    Yes, unbalanced PvP is still better than the tedium of killing mindless NPCs freepside. We creeps just need to be crafty.
    Haha, I'm a Warg. I'm already crafty :P.

I meant in terms of the zergging. It's only going to get worse with this next update.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpisaw View Post
    I'm more concerned about the myriad of new exploits than any kind of balance issues.

I understand what you are talking about, I too am worried about cheap exploits, but I get more MT, that can't be bad, right?
    And yes Sele, you are a crafty beastie.

I'm more concerned about the myriad of new exploits than any kind of balance issues.
    Same. Exploits beget exploits, if a player initially refuses to take advantage it only takes 1 or 2 deaths from them to change their mind. PvPers never turn the other cheek, massive exploit battles in HD

Turbine: "We don't want wargs to be ballanced, so we didn't boost them in any way to at least be able to do something on their own. Instead, we feel that the warg class should be solely for ganking soloers while in big packs. So we gave them even lower escape cooldowns to make sure those pathetic soloers will not get anything out of the encounter/gank."

Who knows! Maybe in 2 years from now (assuming Lotro will still be alive..lol) you will need 5 wargs to bring down a champion, and Sprint will be passive!

Quote Originally Posted by Yelloweyedemon View Post
    Turbine: "We don't want wargs to be ballanced, so we didn't boost them in any way to at least be able to do something on their own. Instead, we feel that the warg class should be solely for ganking soloers while in big packs. So we gave them even lower escape cooldowns to make sure those pathetic soloers will not get anything out of the encounter/gank."

Who knows! Maybe in 2 years from now (assuming Lotro will still be alive..lol) you will need 5 wargs to bring down a champion, and Sprint will be passive!
    Lol so true.

Given how insane freep dps is atm, i dont think the new cd reduction will help wargs survive any better.

It's funny how, when new content comes out, discussion about balance almost always boils down to 'wargs vs. freepside'.

It's funny how, when new content comes out, discussion about balance almost always boils down to 'wargs vs. freepside'.
    There has never been ballance. The last time class ballance was closer to playable was in SoM (before OD update). Even then you had burgs and guards being godmode. After RoI, it's just which classes will be the FOTM. Three months it's BA's, then wargs, then maybe reavers etc etc. They do not ballance all the classes at once anymore. They just update/upgrade the most underpowered ones, hoping that the rest will not be left FAR behind.

I think there are much concerning issues within pvp than warg cds. Besides, we'll likely get blown up faster than we can use the skills anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelloweyedemon View Post
    There has never been ballance.
    I'm aware of that. I mean discussions around the concept of balance, and how every class is balanced. I did not say that such balance actually existed.

Wargs are the most hated class on Freepside. It's only natural that they mention us so much :P.

Wargs are the most hated class on Freepside. It's only natural that they mention us so much :P.
    Im not sure if hate is the right word. Its going to be annoying coming across a warg and not even bothering to go after it because there's no-way in hell your going to catch it in sprint (much-less the hips-sprint combo)

Its annoying as it is with a 3 minute cd, but you can atleast make them pop it and maybe, just maybe catch them within another ~90 seconds before their other getaway is up.

But given the uptime of the skills, and restealthing in-between combat settings, your going to have 2 getaways up EVERYTIME you enter combat....
    Last edited by trollhardorgohome; Nov 11 2013 at 01:26 AM.

There isnt a short enough CD on any skill that is going to prevent being one-shot!

15-18k crits, not devs coming from hunters and minis.

moving target will not stop 25k mini devs.

Grams camps will be the only pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by trollhardorgohome View Post
    Im not sure if hate is the right word. Its going to be annoying coming across a warg and not even bothering to go after it because there's no-way in hell your going to catch it in sprint (much-less the hips-sprint combo)

Its annoying as it is with a 3 minute cd, but you can atleast make them pop it and maybe, just maybe catch them within another ~90 seconds before their other getaway is up.

But given the uptime of the skills, and restealthing in-between combat settings, your going to have 2 getaways up EVERYTIME you enter combat....
    Creeps are being one-shot. I don't think wargs are going to be getting away whenever they want.

Wargs are the most hated class on Freepside.
    I'm not too fond of them either.

Quote Originally Posted by jadacakai View Post
    There isnt a short enough CD on any skill that is going to prevent being one-shot!

15-18k crits, not devs coming from hunters and minis.

moving target will not stop 25k mini devs.

Grams camps will be the only pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by nubcat View Post
    Creeps are being one-shot. I don't think wargs are going to be getting away whenever they want.
    Do red hunters really go back in their SoM situation? (Wait in camo, Use BH, gank someone in 3 seconds and jump back to stealth for 5 mins?)

Freeps might not be able to kill many wargs. Don't worry, they won't be able to kill many of you either.
    I didn't get everything I wished on my warg but maybe reduced cd's will make me able to get more inf in some way. All skills being either fast or immediate and the new corruptions are far more tasty tho.

It would be fun to see hunters have WL dps and no cd on DF and make it work in combat. They would be part of pvmp but not able to do much difference to it, yet they would be hated, more then ever.
    I guess I'm trying to say that reduced cd's on escapes is nice and all that from a warg point of view but I would love to see some more mitigation and defences(and maybe some more dps). And it's not much I wish regarding any changes since I like how wargs are designed atm with shadow/flayer stance etc.

Is it worth targeting wargs right now? I feel like 94% of the time wargs get away anyway. I dont blame players for the most part, I blame turbine for giving wargs such UNREASONABLE skill cd reduction and encouraging coward play style.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast