We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Threaded View

Look, it's this thread again. The very final one.

Hey there everyone.

You must be thinking, "it's another kraum's thread about leaving the game, see ya in 2 days". Truly, my loyalty and even friendship i built up for these past 3 years i've playing Lotro are truly hard to fight. I still believe this game has an incredible community and it's a shame Turbine takes it for granted.

This time though, it's finally, my final and real goodbye. The game no longer interests me, there's nothing for me to look forward in the future. The game i loved is gone, only the people (some, others left as well) I liked remained. Turbine's decision, i can't do anything against it.
    This time there's no excuses. In the past i tried to leave duo to get my life in order but the game was too addictive (or the people i played with). But no more. Not only i need to get my life on track, the game completely died for me. It's dead.

I don't have any enthusiasm playing it and i can't force myself on doing it. For you people more casual, I'm truly a nerd to the core. I play games to master them, to be as good as i can, and i spent hours and hours and more hours playing this game. I loved the group instances, I loved the raids, I loved moria, I loved 21st being full of people, I loved lagtrev, I loved all of that. Since then though, the game has been dying and losing standards and that won't do to me. I'm sure one day they'll fix dragoich completely and all, when pigs start flying in the skies.

I'm an adult with a kid's spirit, and that's how I want to remain. However mmorpgs take too much effort and time. Sure I can manage that and other nerdy stuff while having a life, but in my current situation, I can't, and I can't delay the inevitable anymore.

Some things I have to mention. I started playing this game when lvl cap was 65 (already close to RoI). My first Kin was the The Crimson Brotherhood. This kin is probably the older kin on the server, I'm sure it's still alive even if with only 1 member or 2. It's there where I lvl'd and learned how to play. I also joined some raids in either pugs or even raiding kins (Reforged) that would take me once in a while when they needed. At 75 cap, I had my best days in terms of fulfillment in this game.
    Me, Marvi and Gamarin, with the help of Snaps, Dennis, Guido and all those folks, formed a pug group (not really after a while, we knew each other very well after the first 1-2 months of lvl 75 and some of them back at 65) and we decided to show raiding kins that we could go toe to toe with them. And we did, oh man, we did. I never had so much fun raiding than i had with that group.

So many great people we had there: Marvi, Gamarin, Lythea, Pat, Zulu, Eomen/Xellor, Thren/frog, Agtug, Snaps, Sno, Guido, Hallal, Aktis, Dennis, Zub, V, Mim, Choc, Norfrid, Stocky, Katrin, Bellarion, and so many more (i probably forgot some but we were so many, can't recall all the names, sorry about that). We had more than 20 people and we could fill all the time even when some people couldn't show up.
    ToO...spent so many hours and hours there, but it was worthy. As i said back then, my best game experiences came from 75 lvl. Not knowing what lvl 85 would bring, I kept going forward and trying to get better, always. No matter how good you are, there's always someone better. That's why you gotta keep pushing.

Sadly, that group disbanded for reasons that i won't write down here. Regardless, I decided a couple months before RoR came to form my own kin. I talked with many people from the old group and others, and 1 month after, Ceaseless was formed.

I'm prideful of the kin I made. Lots of skilled players, many friends, and we raided a lot in the first times (skirms, BG t2c, etc). I raged a lot as usual (was even worse at 75) but I also had a lot of fun. I met new people I didn't know that well, like Ohpra, Belve, Gallanhael, Brom, Sae, Welth, Atador, Mal, Jas, Atador's brother, (haha sorry man couldn't resist) and many more. All these people are great players, and we had a lot of fun together.

Sadly, RoR group content was lacking, and when people are bored, moods tend to change a bit too. Not having people coming to raids, not telling me why, or straight ignoring me in kin chat, made me upset and I started to have less and less fun playing this game. I also decided to give it a go at PvP when RoR came. My guard and RK were there a bit at 75, but never too much. I never cared about pvp, as this game was filled with pve content and good one.
    I had a lot of fun in pvp with my rk and later with my LM. So it was a good place to play when stuff in pve side was mostly dead.

After that Ceaseless just disbanded. It was entirely my fault as well. I joined soon after (after one of my infamous goodbye threads) Asylum.

In the last months, I've played creep. It's fun, even though you really are quite underpowered compared to ranked freeps, it's still fun. We don't have a freep's dps, or heal power, but it's still a fun side.

And finally, it's time for the final goodbye. I'll obviously miss the people I liked to play with, quite a lot. But everything has an end, and my Lotro journey is gone.
    I know, wall of text right? Well, my final post had to be one of my trademarks.

Goodbye Lotro people, truly the best part of this game.
    Last edited by KrauserJoestar; Nov 10 2013 at 04:52 AM.