We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Carbondale
    Posts
    1,221

    Are 1v1s farming?

    If you answered yes, why do you think so? Assuming someone is stomping, it's very unlikely they'll make over 2k-4k points at a 1v1 camp because people will eventually STOP 1V1ING THEM. Meanwhile, you have people making 3k an hour CONSISTENTLY 20k-30k a day and you so kindly say nothing about it. Heck, you're probably even one of those people that make 20k a day yet still hate 1v1 camps with a passion.


    I'll tell you why you hate them. It's not because they can do something you can't do, and it's not because they're ''farming''...It's simply because there's enough people watching that you aren't steamrolling/getting some help to steamroll your way to r15 in a month that you can't stand it. You want them gone! Step 1 was being able to get 1v1ers banned for FARMING which is absurd. If you can't get them banned you will complain in OOC about it all day long, maybe even zerg the 1v1s with some friends so everyone's fighting again so you can get back to your daily farming routine.

    You guys and your daily routines are more organized farm than any 1v1 circle, and you're never going to admit that, and 1v1ers don't care.


    Certain outliers are like Raelith. He's the best Spider on the server, people want to test their skills on him moreso than a creep testing their skills on a freep(They know it's futile). They do not succeed, and try again. He will get a lot of points simply because he's too good. But ON AVERAGE no, 1v1ers don't make nearly as much as a raider will.

    Though I would like to end this on a better note. This is not a 1v1er calling out rvrs for farming because we've been called farmers thread. This is more like, 1v1ers shouldn't be seen as farmers at all, and this is my explanation why. We all know that everyone in the moors gets 100-300% infamy/renown buff whether they're 1v1ers, rvrs, or small groupers. Just don't call the habanero hot when you're a ghost pepper.
    Last edited by eagleeye64; Nov 10 2013 at 03:28 AM.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#00ff00]Brandywhine[/COLOR] / [COLOR=#4b0082]Vilya[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#00ff00]Fortiscor R10[/COLOR] / [COLOR=#4b0082]Slownkite R9[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#00ff00]Beastt R7[/COLOR] /[COLOR=#4b0082] Diggaa R12[/COLOR]
    [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?561868-Warg-Build-Warg-Rotation-Warg-Guide&p=7292621#post7292621"]Warg Guide[/URL][/CENTER]

  2. #2
    My comment was 'tongue in cheek' though the purpose of keeping records of 1v1s is dubious given Turbine's recent stance on the subject of farming. My stance, 1v1s are fine so long as each side has the potential to win (self nerfing), and if the 'skill' gap is too great, refrain from further fights... rvr is the most efficient form of farming in this game, has been since the renown/infamy buffs introduced with SoM.
    Turine Turambare - Warlord - Warg Slayer - Weaver's Enemy - Reaver's Enemy - Blackarrow's Enemy - Warleader's Enemy - Defiler Foe
    TEAM F
    ... occasionally seen on... Mynutts/Thick/Blasthardcheese/Vladtheimpaler/Morvagor/Twiggyt/Belege/Bodybags

  3. #3
    While I rarely respond to the desperate cries of the minority, this really tickled me. I feel that 1v1s are quite fine so long as they are in a predetermined area. At the same token, you can't be upset when it gets face rolled or ganked because it is the Moors and it will always happen since there's always a sense of lawlessness. A majority of people are out there for the points and gear, not the satisfaction of beating someone 1v1, which is also fine. It's hard to see this as anything but a negative thread pointed at RvR-ers, though, given the accusatory statements. If 1v1-ers really didn't care, and have nothing to worry about when it comes to the circles, then this thread wouldn't exist. It's obviously a touchy point, but I will agree that you shouldn't be reported for this kind of preferred style of play. Someone's going to lose and it tends to be the minority of players that like to 1v1. I also think that 1v1s should be for when action has died down considerably, but therein lies the "1v1 farm fest" aspect. There shouldn't be 20+ creeps and freeps at a 1v1 circle as that's just asking for mayhem to happen.

    TL;DR version: Anyone that kills anyone on either side is a farmer. Obviously.
    I am Blatant, shepherd of cows. And my voice is rather velvety.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lothlorien
    Posts
    1,708
    Quote Originally Posted by eagleeye64 View Post
    I'll tell you why you hate them. It's not because they can do something you can't do, and it's not because they're ''farming''...It's simply because there's enough people watching that you aren't steamrolling/getting some help to steamroll your way to r15 in a month that you can't stand it. You want them gone! Step 1 was being able to get 1v1ers banned for FARMING which is absurd. If you can't get them banned you will complain in OOC about it all day long, maybe even zerg the 1v1s with some friends so everyone's fighting again so you can get back to your daily farming routine.
    I'm not even from this server, but I read this and just had to give you +imaginary rep. This is the answer for general 1v1 hatred imo. I'm gonna save this quote for later use if you don't mind.
    Last edited by Selebrimbor; Nov 10 2013 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Messed Up the Quote Because I'm A Noob
    I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,320
    1vs1 is not farming but it's not LOTRO pvp as it was designed either.
    People who only 1v1 and scream and kick when that spar gets disrupted are certainly borderline farmers and perhaps don't actually pvp.

    However, they have some fun? It's not walk-overs with same gamer on both accounts? Not farming. Just perhaps not lotro pvp either haha.

    EDIT Oh and opening poster comment about 'zering' your one versus one spar?
    How DARE others PVP? They play the game as DESIGNED!? Outrageous!

    The 'zergers' as you say, they don't get any great reputation. They just play. Same as the spar-guys get no great reputation from those who play the pvp as it was designed. Your two crowds will never find a middle ground in this.
    Last edited by Macroscian; Nov 10 2013 at 10:43 AM.

  6. #6
    both 1v1s and rvrs can be considered farming. If you believe you should never 1v1 someone that you know you're going to beat, doesn't that also mean you believe you should never zerg a solo freep if you know they can't win?

    And if most players truly played for points and gear, why didn't everyone just get freavers before the rule changed and farm them for points and gear? obviously there's something more to pvp than points and gear. there's also the challenged and the will to improve one's gameplay and knowledge of class.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Carbondale
    Posts
    1,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Turin_Turambar_The_F View Post
    My comment was 'tongue in cheek' though the purpose of keeping records of 1v1s is dubious given Turbine's recent stance on the subject of farming. My stance, 1v1s are fine so long as each side has the potential to win (self nerfing), and if the 'skill' gap is too great, refrain from further fights... rvr is the most efficient form of farming in this game, has been since the renown/infamy buffs introduced with SoM.
    Agreed. Most people at 1v1s either don't blow CDs to make it a close fight or do blow them help them not be stomped. That's fine, it isn't one sided stomp usually atleast.

    Quote Originally Posted by PanickingPanda View Post
    While I rarely respond to the desperate cries of the minority, this really tickled me. I feel that 1v1s are quite fine so long as they are in a predetermined area. At the same token, you can't be upset when it gets face rolled or ganked because it is the Moors and it will always happen since there's always a sense of lawlessness. A majority of people are out there for the points and gear, not the satisfaction of beating someone 1v1, which is also fine. It's hard to see this as anything but a negative thread pointed at RvR-ers, though, given the accusatory statements. If 1v1-ers really didn't care, and have nothing to worry about when it comes to the circles, then this thread wouldn't exist. It's obviously a touchy point, but I will agree that you shouldn't be reported for this kind of preferred style of play. Someone's going to lose and it tends to be the minority of players that like to 1v1. I also think that 1v1s should be for when action has died down considerably, but therein lies the "1v1 farm fest" aspect. There shouldn't be 20+ creeps and freeps at a 1v1 circle as that's just asking for mayhem to happen.

    TL;DR version: Anyone that kills anyone on either side is a farmer. Obviously.
    I worded it wrongly then, I have no problem with people ganking 1v1s, it's the Moors it happens. I really don't like when 1v1 circles are considered organized farming when the people that make such accusations make way more points on average if they join a raid that's successful/zerg. Well I'm only one 1v1er, I care because of the hypocrisy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Selebrimbor View Post
    I'm not even from this server, but I read this and just had to give you +imaginary rep. This is the answer for general 1v1 hatred imo. I'm gonna save this quote for later use if you don't mind.
    thx.

    Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    1vs1 is not farming but it's not LOTRO pvp as it was designed either.
    People who only 1v1 and scream and kick when that spar gets disrupted are certainly borderline farmers and perhaps don't actually pvp.

    However, they have some fun? It's not walk-overs with same gamer on both accounts? Not farming. Just perhaps not lotro pvp either haha.

    EDIT Oh and opening poster comment about 'zering' your one versus one spar?
    How DARE others PVP? They play the game as DESIGNED!? Outrageous!

    The 'zergers' as you say, they don't get any great reputation. They just play. Same as the spar-guys get no great reputation from those who play the pvp as it was designed. Your two crowds will never find a middle ground in this.
    Well how are 1v1ers kicking and screaming when they get interrupted any different than people who kick and scream because there isn't rvr happening because of the 1v1 circle. I don't agree with either, 1v1ers(who don't like being ganked) can go 1v1 elsewhere, and raid vs raiders can stir up the pot and roll the 1v1 circles to start up the action.

    Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    both 1v1s and rvrs can be considered farming. If you believe you should never 1v1 someone that you know you're going to beat, doesn't that also mean you believe you should never zerg a solo freep if you know they can't win?

    And if most players truly played for points and gear, why didn't everyone just get freavers before the rule changed and farm them for points and gear? obviously there's something more to pvp than points and gear. there's also the challenged and the will to improve one's gameplay and knowledge of class.
    Yeah. It's a tough thing because certain raid leaders have told people not to attack someone solo before, while others usually roll them. Certain 1v1ers won't stomp a person over and over again because it presents no challenge, while others will gladly murder them until they stop accepting to fight.

    Can you say it's more the person's fault for accepting to 1v1 when they know they will lose? Or is it more the other person's fault for knowing they will win and still accepting/challenging? Is it equally both their faults?

    Does the soloer have a chance/choice to get away from the zerg? Should he be blamed for not avoiding the raid or should the raid be blamed? Or should no one be blamed and lets end this silly debate and let people play their game?
    [CENTER][COLOR=#00ff00]Brandywhine[/COLOR] / [COLOR=#4b0082]Vilya[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#00ff00]Fortiscor R10[/COLOR] / [COLOR=#4b0082]Slownkite R9[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#00ff00]Beastt R7[/COLOR] /[COLOR=#4b0082] Diggaa R12[/COLOR]
    [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?561868-Warg-Build-Warg-Rotation-Warg-Guide&p=7292621#post7292621"]Warg Guide[/URL][/CENTER]

  8. #8

    Are 1v1s farming?

    Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    both 1v1s and rvrs can be considered farming. If you believe you should never 1v1 someone that you know you're going to beat, doesn't that also mean you believe you should never zerg a solo freep if you know they can't win?

    And if most players truly played for points and gear, why didn't everyone just get freavers before the rule changed and farm them for points and gear? obviously there's something more to pvp than points and gear. there's also the challenged and the will to improve one's gameplay and knowledge of class.
    Because we didnt jump on the farming bandwagon (kuchkuch cappy). I just play to make people rage at me, which seems to work quiet decent lately.


    Quote Originally Posted by eagleeye64 View Post
    Agreed. Most people at 1v1s either don't blow CDs to make it a close fight or do blow them help them not be stomped. That's fine, it isn't one sided stomp usually atleast.

    I worded it wrongly then, I have no problem with people ganking 1v1s, it's the Moors it happens. I really don't like when 1v1 circles are considered organized farming when the people that make such accusations make way more points on average if they join a raid that's successful/zerg. Well I'm only one 1v1er, I care because of the hypocrisy.

    thx.
    I see being called out in a 1v1 (or being disturbed) as a moral victory. I didnt get the points but since RoR points just float by.


    Quote Originally Posted by eagleeye64 View Post
    Does the soloer have a chance/choice to get away from the zerg? Should he be blamed for not avoiding the raid or should the raid be blamed? Or should no one be blamed and lets end this silly debate and let people play their game?
    If the solo'r is a warg or smart he might get a chance to get away from the zerg (jumping of a cliff and see people suicide); Yea lets stop debating so we can all go back to the daily gramscamp/ lugzbackdoor hugging.




    TL;DR You forgot the mention that the last 2-3 1v1 circles i saw started after the freeps wiped twice after creeps started to group up. To me it looks clearly thats farming. If the 1v1's happened out of the blue i wouldnt describe it as farming (yet).
    Last edited by ulza; Nov 10 2013 at 03:23 PM.
    Retired from lotro since june '14. Currently kicking other noobs on gw2.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ulza View Post
    Because we didnt jump on the farming bandwagon (kuchkuch cappy). I just play to make people rage at me, which seems to work quiet decent lately.
    funny how that works. You trying to make people rage....and then in the end being the one who rages and cries.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    funny how that works. You trying to make people rage....and then in the end being the one who rages and cries.
    whats next calling myself a bipolar hypocrit again? Im not the one that farmed his rank for 'pve' purposes which only lasted 1 week. I've yet to ragelog from creepside to freepside. Something i've seen 2 freeps do last week after they lost a 4v6 during the 1v1 farm circle.

    Dont hate because im telling the truth. Hate me because I'm not afraid to use my voice.
    Last edited by ulza; Nov 10 2013 at 06:25 PM.
    Retired from lotro since june '14. Currently kicking other noobs on gw2.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by ulza View Post
    whats next calling myself a bipolar hypocrit again? Im not the one that farmed his rank for 'pve' purposes which only lasted 1 week. I've yet to ragelog from creepside to freepside. Something i've seen 2 freeps do last week after they lost a 4v6 during the 1v1 farm circle.

    Dont hate because im telling the truth. Hate me because I'm not afraid to give my opinion
    I think your record of posting does enough to show your enjoyable tantrums. Grats on not rage logging, I agree it's much better to whine about it on a forum.


    Ps I farmed on my cappy. If that makes others respect me less, so be it. I'm ok with the judgement, it's fair.

    Edit to add I think you shouldn't play the victim card when you knowingly try to get on people's nerves. Doesn't make much sense. Kind of reminds me what a bipolar person would do
    Last edited by mrfigglesworth; Nov 10 2013 at 06:17 PM.

  12. #12

    Are 1v1s farming?

    Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    I think your record of posting does enough to show your enjoyable tantrums. Grats on not rage logging, I agree it's much better to whine about it on a forum.


    Ps I farmed on my cappy. If that makes others respect me less, so be it. I'm ok with the judgement, it's fair.

    Edit to add I think you shouldn't play the victim card when you knowingly try to get on people's nerves. Doesn't make much sense. Kind of reminds me what a bipolar person would do
    Good thing your good at derailing topics!

    You sure must hate losing to a bipolar hypocrit in 1v1's.
    Retired from lotro since june '14. Currently kicking other noobs on gw2.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    1vs1 is not farming but it's not LOTRO pvp as it was designed either.
    People who only 1v1 and scream and kick when that spar gets disrupted are certainly borderline farmers and perhaps don't actually pvp.
    Your point makes no sense. Being offended by a group of creeps/freeps rolling over your 1v1 is a normal feeling. It's either a hollow victory or a slap in the face after doing all the work only to have it all erased. I don't understand why they are borderline farmers or how they don't pvp? This comment seems poorly worded. It does, however, bring up an interesting issue about what is farming. Obviously, Turbine has given their definition of farming, but it doesn't seem to meet everyone's expectations except the laxest of folk that are only offended by blatant and shameless farming. But what about rez camping? What about GV/Grams camping? Is it farming? Surely, 1v1s are less guilty of farming than those aforementioned. Unless it's a Blazeko 1v1, of course.

    Quote Originally Posted by ulza View Post
    Because we didnt jump on the farming bandwagon (kuchkuch cappy). I just play to make people rage at me, which seems to work quiet decent lately.


    I see being called out in a 1v1 (or being disturbed) as a moral victory. I didnt get the points but since RoR points just float by.


    If the solo'r is a warg or smart he might get a chance to get away from the zerg (jumping of a cliff and see people suicide); Yea lets stop debating so we can all go back to the daily gramscamp/ lugzbackdoor hugging.

    TL;DR You forgot the mention that the last 2-3 1v1 circles i saw started after the freeps wiped twice after creeps started to group up. To me it looks clearly thats farming. If the 1v1's happened out of the blue i wouldnt describe it as farming (yet).
    Yes, we're all sure you're quite proud of yourself. I don't see how being called out is a moral victory, seeing as how you didn't make any choice? Unless you consider your usual choice to call it out? Clearly, you have a stricter idea of what farming is since freeps got tired of wiping and wanted to 1v1? I don't know how you work that one out in your head, but hey. Obviously, you seem to be out to make contrarian comments in order to upset people, which I can respect that. It just doesn't seem to add to the conversation other than derailing and bashing without offering constructiveness.

    Edit: Just saw this:

    Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    both 1v1s and rvrs can be considered farming. If you believe you should never 1v1 someone that you know you're going to beat, doesn't that also mean you believe you should never zerg a solo freep if you know they can't win?

    And if most players truly played for points and gear, why didn't everyone just get freavers before the rule changed and farm them for points and gear? obviously there's something more to pvp than points and gear. there's also the challenged and the will to improve one's gameplay and knowledge of class.
    Not sure if you get to ask that question, given your track record, but I'll field it anyway. Most people that care about self-image and reputation don't want to be seen as farmers; who would have thought that social stigma would exist in an MMO</sarcasm>. Farmer has been a dirty word for a long time and is inherently wrong to most people, despite the reasoning behind it. Most people want to go through the motions and learn. Some people feel more comfortable in a group or RvR setting, instead of getting killed repeatedly by certain individuals or groups. The point of the Moors is to kill and try not to be killed whilst seeking the biggest reward for the least amount of time required. Much like repeatedly doing BfE or Sambrog.
    Last edited by PanickingPanda; Nov 10 2013 at 06:41 PM.
    I am Blatant, shepherd of cows. And my voice is rather velvety.

  14. #14
    By your definition the point of the moors is to farm! Thx for the lesson.


    And I get to ask any question I could ever care to ponder. They are legitimate questions posed for discussion, as is what the forums are for. I find it pathetic you have to consider having a discussion with someone who has different ideals about a subject such as farming, but like your generous self, I'll assume you're more decent than that.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by PanickingPanda View Post
    Yes, we're all sure you're quite proud of yourself. I don't see how being called out is a moral victory, seeing as how you didn't make any choice? Unless you consider your usual choice to call it out? Clearly, you have a stricter idea of what farming is since freeps got tired of wiping and wanted to 1v1? I don't know how you work that one out in your head, but hey. Obviously, you seem to be out to make contrarian comments in order to upset people, which I can respect that. It just doesn't seem to add to the conversation other than derailing and bashing without offering constructiveness.

    First of all: Do we even know you? Or did you jump on another bandwagon called brandywine?

    Second of all:
    Well yea im proud of myself. Ivent been in the moors for months (apart from yesterday on my louzy reaver when i beaten the same MrFiggs in a 1v1) and i see the hatred is still strong.


    the "freeps got tired of wiping and wanted to 1v1" was absoluty BS. Tired of wiping? How would you know? Are you one of those people that log after you die twice?
    It was clear that people that started the 1v1 got killed a few times and figured out that if they wanted points they should start 1v1'ing kinmates. Kinda strange that the 1v1 circle had more freeps/creeps on (most of them not participation) than during the daily gramscamp when its 8vs 20+ most of the time with a couple of freeps sitting afk in lugz.

    There is a difference between a 1v1 circle that starts out of the blue or a 1v1 circle that starts after freeps kill creeps for 2 hours, wipe twice and than the 1v1 circle starts.

    In the end i wasnt the 1 derailing the topic, i gave my opinion about the recent '1v1 circles'.
    Retired from lotro since june '14. Currently kicking other noobs on gw2.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by ulza View Post
    Good thing your good at derailing topics!

    You sure must hate losing to a bipolar hypocrit in 1v1's.
    I generally dislike losing in 1v1s, as does everyone. I wish I'd have been windowed in lotro for the start of the fight, I'm sure I would have beat you even with your CDs and me without mine.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by ulza View Post

    In the end i wasnt the 1 derailing the topic, i gave my opinion about the recent '1v1 circles'.
    Poor victim again.


    Quote Originally Posted by ulza View Post
    Because we didnt jump on the farming bandwagon (kuchkuch cappy). I just play to make people rage at me, which seems to work quiet decent lately.
    Nice try troll.

  18. #18
    Back on topic so cryo doesn't blow a gasket, I think most people are intelligent enough to realize when something is and is not farming by turbines definition. And everyone has the right to Zerg, interrupt, complain about, participate in, or support others' play styles. I think the best thing to do at this point is make sure if you are 1v1ing to do it away from those that would like nothing better to do than exert their own play style upon others by zerging.

  19. #19
    I don't think 1v1s are farming and sometimes they can break up the usual everyday boredom. The only issue i have with the 1v1s is that its been locking the moors down. I like to roam solo and in raid out here but when you come across 24 people "sparring" its time to go pve. Some speak of breaking them up but who wants that bulls-eye on their head? The 1v1s do need to be out of the way though.
    Stop all the crying about breaking up an out of the blue 1v1 in front of GV. If its super late ok but in the middle of the day?

    The 1v1s to me are another bad routine that our server has fell into, and to tell the truth its all getting boring. Grams to Lugz; GV to TR, how did this become the "action"?
    There are moments here and there that you get that "back in the day" feeling but that's rare.

    Being zerged is an option so kill the QQ.

    For those that love to 1v1 beating Rae, one the top 3 reavers or Uruk says you can push buttons with the best.

    Have fun.

    Thohelm-R11 LM/Kameo-R10 Hunter
    Abusaad-R8 CPT/Dafinalas-R5 Guard/Allyina-R8 Mini/ Meirain-R9 Burg/ Lostshadow-Champ

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    By your definition the point of the moors is to farm! Thx for the lesson.


    And I get to ask any question I could ever care to ponder. They are legitimate questions posed for discussion, as is what the forums are for. I find it pathetic you have to consider having a discussion with someone who has different ideals about a subject such as farming, but like your generous self, I'll assume you're more decent than that.
    Apparently my point was lost and you decided to over-simplify it. Guess that would be the last time I answer. Obviously having a discussion about farming is a touchy subject for you and I understand; I'd be as well with everyone constantly reminding me of my tainted history. I respect your human right to have an opinion, regardless of how dogmatic it may be.

    Quote Originally Posted by ulza View Post
    First of all: Do we even know you? Or did you jump on another bandwagon called brandywine?

    Second of all:
    Well yea im proud of myself. Ivent been in the moors for months (apart from yesterday on my louzy reaver when i beaten the same MrFiggs in a 1v1) and i see the hatred is still strong.


    the "freeps got tired of wiping and wanted to 1v1" was absoluty BS. Tired of wiping? How would you know? Are you one of those people that log after you die twice?
    It was clear that people that started the 1v1 got killed a few times and figured out that if they wanted points they should start 1v1'ing kinmates. Kinda strange that the 1v1 circle had more freeps/creeps on (most of them not participation) than during the daily gramscamp when its 8vs 20+ most of the time with a couple of freeps sitting afk in lugz.

    There is a difference between a 1v1 circle that starts out of the blue or a 1v1 circle that starts after freeps kill creeps for 2 hours, wipe twice and than the 1v1 circle starts.

    In the end i wasnt the 1 derailing the topic, i gave my opinion about the recent '1v1 circles'.
    You probably don't know me, but then again, I don't remember you. I stopped playing in the Moors on Vilya after RoI came out and went creep on a bunch of servers. Hatred? I don't even know you, mate. I remember seeing you post on these forums in hiatus about how your class was broken or something and that's about it. I used to log after I died a lot without getting bugger all, because that just isn't fun to me. Now I don't even care if I die; a side effect from playing this game with Turine. But I wouldn't know, since I wasn't around for it. Merely asserting an assumption, because you should know by now how Freeps can be.

    I feel that freeps have a lower tolerance for wiping than creeps, especially the freep leaders. They tend to get more easily flustered. Plus, it's a lot easier to be bad at your freep and be successful than it is to be bad at your creep and be successful. While I may not have particularly liked some of the creepside leaders on a personal level, I have to give them the credit that they would stay out for as long as they could and not disbanding after a couple of wipes. It's not an ideal situation for either side. And I will agree with you that there is a difference between organising 1v1s and a random 1v1 circle; the former does seem a bit suspicious. I also won't deny that there are some players out there that won't 1v1 unless they have a sure shot of winning.
    I am Blatant, shepherd of cows. And my voice is rather velvety.

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by PanickingPanda View Post
    Apparently my point was lost and you decided to over-simplify it. Guess that would be the last time I answer. Obviously having a discussion about farming is a touchy subject for you and I understand; I'd be as well with everyone constantly reminding me of my tainted history. I respect your human right to have an opinion, regardless of how dogmatic it may be.
    Your point was that the point of the moors is to get as many points as quickly as possible by killing the enemy and not dying......farming is the fastest way to achieve that. When I ranked my captian from rank 6 to rank 8, by your definition, I was hands down, the best player in the moors, aside from motherofmillions. No, I disagree that's all the moors is about. I also think it's about improving one's self, as I posted earlier, yet for some reason you decided not to agree/disagree with that, or I lost it in all that lecture. When I farmed it wasn't to play the moors the way you think it is meant to be played. I did it to get an item to help me out in pve land, the coldfells banner. When I actually played in the moors, I played it the way it was meant to be played....getting points, getting gear, and most important to me, becoming better and challenging myself. This was through learning about group mechanics in raid v raids and individual creep mechanics in 1v1. But raid v raid mechanics can only teach you so much about your class capabilities, especially on freepside(not to mention I lagged in moors when I just started out). After that, 1v1s and small group fights are the only way to constantly improve yourself as a player. Your explanation of why other people don't like smaller group fights is overcomplicated. It comes down to they just don't want to die.

  22. #22
    All I see is contradiction. You claim to want to be challenged, but farmed. You're the example that proves my point. Thanks again. And do have fun, won't you?
    I am Blatant, shepherd of cows. And my voice is rather velvety.

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by PanickingPanda View Post
    All I see is contradiction. You claim to want to be challenged, but farmed. You're the example that proves my point. Thanks again. And do have fun, won't you?
    you are the one claiming I don't read your stuff?

    I farmed 2 ranks on captain for a coldfells banner.

    When I had it, It wasn't like the moors was no longer challenging on a champ that solo/duo/small groups 90% of the time, and who doesn't use cds in fervour in 1v1s 90% of the time, and learning how to play ardour in the moors.

    I wish I knew who you were too. kinda hard arguing against a nobody when your past transgressions are being magnified.
    Last edited by mrfigglesworth; Nov 10 2013 at 11:33 PM.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    344
    There is no simple answer to the question and of course the answer changes depending on how you define farming. I think the simple way to define it is when it gives you an unfair advantage or an edge on everyone else out in the moors.

    For example if you are off doing 1v1's with a closed off group and doing it over and over and over again and there is no action out other then that doesn't it give an unfair advantage? Would you define farming as giving you an unfair advantage?

    Now the same scenario but the group isn't closed off and all are welcome or the action int he moors is hopping then does that give you an unfair advantage?

    I think anytime someone is winning over and over again and it is clear they aren't getting anywhere that can be considered farming. The other side of that is the loser may be annoyed and want to win. I know I'm guilty of hunting down the same creep or freep that just beat me 1v1 because I want to prove to myself that I can beat them. Sometimes it takes a few tries and I eventually have to stop myself from going back.

    I think certain classes or people who are always going to win or win 99% of the time (wardens for example or big CD poppers) who go to 1v1 are pretty much farmers. I mean where is the challenge? If you kill them a few times it is what it is but if it is set up and going on over and over I think it is a bit dirty as they have an unfair advantage.

    I might not even call it all farming when I see it but I know it is cheap or a bit dirty.
    Co-Founder of TEAM F. Turined R9 champ. Mashedtaters R9 Reaver
    Perma-Retired Pre SoM- R9 Hnt. R8 Reaver

  25. #25
    I think it's sad when Slin can be more mature and rational than most of us in this thread. Slin come back!
    I am Blatant, shepherd of cows. And my voice is rather velvety.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload