We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Enedwaith - Help Please

Hi there. I have (2) level 65 Chars, a Guardian and a Warden. I haven't played LOTRO since June of 2010, and I am trying to re-learn the game. The last area I played was Mirkwood and I still know how to get there by taking the boat from Lothlorien. My question is this: How do I get to Enedwaith? I want to explore new areas, start questing again, and farm for crafting materials so that I can advance my Supreme crafters to the next level. But, being out of the game since 2010 I don't know where anything is and how to get there. I have tried looking it up online and I can't find the answer anywhere.

I would like to start in Enedwaith, so if someone could please tell me how to get there i.e. from Lothlorien (or even from South Bree) where I am bound on both of my high level chars, I would sure appreciate it.

I am sorry I sound like such a noob, but 3 and a half years away from the game is way too long, and I remember very little about Middle-Earth. So I need detailed instructions. I am excited to start playing again and leveling my chars. So thank you in advance.

No problem at all! Basically you will want to go to Echad Dunann (south Eregion) and ride south and a little bit west, to Echad Dagoras, Fordirith, Enedwaith. Once you cross the river into Enedwaith, there will be a tracking arrow pointing toward Echad Dagoras (the first questing hub).

Do note that quests in Enedwaith are generally from levels 60-65 so you might find yourself outleveling them soon. You may also want to look at the Vol 3 epic (which starts in Enedwaith), Dunland, and Great River at 70ish. Best of luck!!
    Galadhloth, Hunter 100, Glirithil, Mini 100, Calanor, LM 100, plus lots and lots of alts
    Watchers of Elendil ~ Landroval ~ Crickhollow ~ Tarciryan Knights
    ~~~~ Imladris in the Forgotten West ~~~~

Thank you so much for the quick response!

Welcome back! A while back, Enedwaith was rescaled as a 61-65 zone. If this is not an obstacle to you, Enedwaith can be reached from Eregion by crossing the Nan Sirinnon and heading southwest to Echad Dagoras. The epic books tied to Enedwaith (Vol III, books 1-3) are level 65, though, so if you have not done them, you can start doing so by talking to one of the fellows outside the door of the Last Homely House in Rivendell. You could also start questing in Dunland if you are willing to buy the Rise of Isengard expansion (levels 66-75). The epic book for this expansion is III.4, and you do not have to do the preceding three books in order to start it. I hope this helps at least a little.

Thank you so much for the detailed information. Leveling is not my main objective yet as I am still trying to re-learn the game and re-learn my characters. I don't even remember how to fight properly! I want to explore and I need to farm wood and ore for my crafters who left off on Supreme. I have a lot of catching up to do before Helm's Deep comes out! I appreciate your help.

I just discovered the first stable master in Enedwaith (the quest giver says that I have to unlock the quests from the LOTRO store, which I am not going to do since all of the mobs are light blue). My next question: Where is Dunland in respect to where I am in Enedwaith then? That seems like it is where I need to go to advance.

Dunland is due south of Enedwaith. There's a main road that goes straight down the middle of Dunland. Keep following that road (I'd advise picking up the stable master near Lhanuch on the way - it's a convenient travel hub at that level, regardless of questing). You'll eventually pass an area with a bunch of wights, and then through a pass into Dunland.
    Galadhloth, Hunter 100, Glirithil, Mini 100, Calanor, LM 100, plus lots and lots of alts

Once again, thank you so much for the quick response! I will head that way. I will just follow the path South then. I bought all of the expansions already, so it seems as Dunland is where I need to be. I will try and hit every stable master along the way for so that I have them for the future.

No problem at all - good luck and welcome back!

Can I ask one more silly question like a noob? I pre-ordered Helm's Deep because I wanted the mount and the Turbine points. But what level range is it, and where geographically in game is it? I have no idea. I have been away from the game for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Hixzein View Post
    Can I ask one more silly question like a noob? I pre-ordered Helm's Deep because I wanted the mount and the Turbine points. But what level range is it, and where geographically in game is it? I have no idea. I have been away from the game for so long.
    Helm's Deep is levels 85-95 and is west of Eastern Rohan. You can get to it by going to Lothlorien and then going south. Firstly you arrive into Great River region (levels 70-75) and then into part of Eastern Rohan called the Wold. Eastern Rohan is level 75-85 expansion. South of the Wold is the East Wall and west of that is Sutcrofts which has crossing point across the river to Western Rohan when that arrives on 18th.
    [IMG]http://s30.postimg.org/rq7lycf5d/sig_lotro.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Junafani View Post
    Helm's Deep is levels 85-95 and is west of Eastern Rohan. You can get to it by going to Lothlorien and then going south. Firstly you arrive into Great River region (levels 70-75) and then into part of Eastern Rohan called the Wold. Eastern Rohan is level 75-85 expansion. South of the Wold is the East Wall and west of that is Sutcrofts which has crossing point across the river to Western Rohan when that arrives on 18th.
    Some clarification...

The road south to Rohan and Helm's Deep starts at the Vinyards in Lothlorien. There's a new road that runs south along the Anduin from the Vinyards, also a parallel road a distance away from the river. They both lead into the center of Great River not too far apart, and a road goes to the south edge of Great River (Parth Celebrant region of GR) and crosses into Rohan next to a big fortress.

Enedwaith and Dunland are on the west side of the Misty Mountains as everyone explained above. The road south in Enedwaith is a pretty faint trail initially. Then it hits a paved road with big square paving stones. That goes due south and deep into Dunland. When you hit undead you're close to the border, and they continue south of the border as the hills close in on the road.

Have fun!
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    http://www.theoldergamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hixzein View Post
    ... I would like to start in Enedwaith ... So I need detailed instructions. I am excited to start playing again and leveling my chars. So thank you in advance.
    Probably all about that area is here: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Enedwaith
    Is this Alternate Character Disorder? :