We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thumbs down Tired of Creeps parking Reevers to prevent AF's

Ya know...its getting really tired of people using freever trains to park a character in each keep to prevent it from Auto flipping.

Go back to the old model & let it flip whether we are in or not. Its not fair & its getting more than annoying on the Nimrodel server....
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000c031c/01006/signature.png]Ridka[/charsig]

Why would they do that?

'Oh, Im just standing up at the top of our keep and then boom! Keep Flip, instant death

You're kidding, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Cassie4486 View Post
    Ya know...its getting really tired of people using freever trains to park a character in each keep to prevent it from Auto flipping.

Go back to the old model & let it flip whether we are in or not. Its not fair & its getting more than annoying on the Nimrodel server....
    lul wut? It's a freever, it's visible, go in there and kill it or even better, just take the damn keep. And while your at it, go find that button that turns off auto-flips altogether, it's rumoured to be somewhere in Lug flagroom..

Auto-flips are an idiotic idea so I see nothing wrong with people using strategy to circumvent Turbines stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by poxnoxious View Post
    lul wut? It's a freever, it's visible, go in there and kill it
    A guy did this on my server, a creep came and screenshotted him and got him in trouble for "farming"

Quote Originally Posted by OruiFarimur View Post
    A guy did this on my server, a creep came and screenshotted him and got him in trouble for "farming"
    ...we're nearing 2014 and this is all what Turbine can come up with. It's dismaying to say the least...they can't even be bothered to reach out and hit the 'turn off' switch for auto-flips. It says it all I think, it would mean a lot to the vast majority of the pvmp community, it's an easy procedure...and they just cba. Voila.

How about you go kill him and do part of your job in the Moors? Take the keep the old fashioned way instead of waiting for it to autoflip. Sheesh people are lazy these days.

The new slim-line economy reavers make parking in tight spots so easy a dorf could do it.
    Purely~Scrumptious

On my server, freeps do this far more with their alt accounts than creeps do.

Interesting how things change from server to server.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassie4486 View Post
    Go back to the old model & let it flip whether we are in or not.

DPS advantage. Burst advantage. Heal advantage. CC advantage. Every advantage the game has to offer and now you're too lazy to run into lug and flip the keep manually?

Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    On my server, freeps do this far more with their alt accounts than creeps do.

Interesting how things change from server to server.
    On my server we have a freep multi-boxer who likes to park a bot in each Keep. Funny thing is he is utterly terrible and gets farmed alot

Quote Originally Posted by Ugmo View Post

DPS advantage. Burst advantage. Heal advantage. CC advantage. Every advantage the game has to offer and now you're too lazy to run into lug and flip the keep manually?
    obviously no advantage in the complaints department.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorandril View Post
    Complaining? He's stating facts.

Turbine, can you autorespond for me, please? I'm so tired and pressing keys is hard.

Or the wit department.

Quote Originally Posted by DaMac View Post
    On my server we have a freep multi-boxer who likes to park a bot in each Keep. Funny thing is he is utterly terrible and gets farmed alot
    He multiboxed creeps for most of the year

I'm tired of all those "Freep farmer" "Creep multiboxer" etc. discussions

..and of Freeps that only care about warg exploits, but not burgs
    ..and of Creeps that only care about burg exploits, but not wargs

Why can't we at least fight together against farmers, exploiters, multiboxers and cheaters
    Why always this "the other side is doing more farming/cheating/multiboxing/exploiting attitude"

/rant off and out

-Remove autoflips from this game and let people take keeps the oldfashioned way.
    - Remove the availability to multibox while in the moors.
    - Though rankfarming is now bannable, people still do it, so make something like if you kill a certain IP-adress more than three times in a short period of time, the amount of renown/infamy gained is much less than normal.
    - Remove OP buffs so the side who's winning can't gain an even bigger advantage.
    - Remove the renownboost for freeps on Lug, and the infamyboost for creeps on TR, to reduce grams/gv camping.
    - Remove the ability to play the reaverclass for free (yes this sounds harsh for people who want to try out pvmp, but ~750 tp to play a creep unlimited isn't that expensive, and it stops certain rankfarmers.)
    - Remove certain exploits as soon as they are detected.

And if all of this is implemented, we can look at the balance in the moors.

Long story short, the moors will take much time and effort to become a real pvmp envoirement.

Oh please, as if freeps are incapable of doing the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Glohir View Post
    - Remove the availability to multibox while in the moors.
    Give creeps storage and mail.. prefer no tp-ripoffs. I farm stuff(on warg/spider) for my creep alts on same account incapable of doing so in a fast manner(defiler/warleader)... and use a second client with a never-leaving-grams-period freeaver to transfer stuff. I don't foresee turbine halting multiclients.

- Remove the ability to play the reaverclass for free (yes this sounds harsh for people who want to try out pvmp, but ~750 tp to play a creep unlimited isn't that expensive, and it stops certain rankfarmers.
    Doesn't stop individuals with free time to spare, pretty wallets and/or both...

Quote Originally Posted by Ugmo View Post

So much win in this post ^

Ha. I'm pretty sure you're talking about Butta. Just go in and kill him, he's pretty terrible on any class he plays so I doubt even the standard Nimrodel freep would have an issue killing his freaver.
    Last edited by dafroisweet; Nov 11 2013 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glohir View Post
    Long story short, the moors will take much time and effort to become a real pvmp envoirement.
    Enough time has already passed. Some of your ideas are fine but the fact we are still having discussions like this is an indication of how little turbine cares about its PvP offering. At least they aren't hiding it, they have been pretty upfront about it so no one should be surprised. There are a couple of things the majority of PvP players seem to agree on. 1. The auto flips suck and should go. 2. Creeps need a vault or mail system (or both). 3. People who farm should be banned (will never happen IMHO, the ship has sailed). 4. Exploits (few new ones on the horizon btw) need to be fixed ASAP. 5. Balance is near impossible due to numbers. Make all the comparatives you want, numbers win. Good RvR fights happen and frankly for me that's when LOTRO is at its peak, in the moors Raid V Raid. Those moments are fleeting because of the points. "wheres the action" goes out into OOC, you know the rest of the story, everyone wants in on the points and the action. Numbers poor in and one side gets zerged, you cant balance toons with that reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    Good RvR fights happen and frankly for me that's when LOTRO is at its peak, in the moors Raid V Raid. Those moments are fleeting because of the points. "wheres the action" goes out into OOC, you know the rest of the story, everyone wants in on the points and the action. Numbers poor in and one side gets zerged, you cant balance toons with that reality.
    rep to this. couldn't agree more. callouts are a curse. every once in a while you get into that loong fight, where both sides are getting kills. nothing beats that.