We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

have the Capn skill trees been released to the public yet?

im on the fence about pre-ordering the xpac...

any news on the capn skill trees yet? sorry if this is out there or if I should know, I also hate starting topics.

Thank you all!

You can buy the xpac after it's released and then that way you'll be able to examine the trees and see if you like them before paying any money.

In other words, No. The NDA is still in effect.

None of the skill trees have been released yet, and I highly doubt you'll see any specifics before HD goes live.

Well, the Hunter and Lore-Master skill trees had cameos in some of the press previews. But, you know, with placeholder art and no text descriptions. Gonna have to wait a bit longer to find out what the various skill trees really look like.

In the mean time, there is a published list of which Legacies are going away forever: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...11#post6980911

Time to start taking bets about what they get replaced with?
    [b][SIZE=3][COLOR="#FFFFFF"]Cainwen Ciaphas[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b][COLOR="#C3C3C3"], Captain of Crickhollow, [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Literature/CiaphasCain]HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH[/url]!!!
    [i]I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered![/i] My opinions are my own![/color]

Basically I have no idea what my LIs will look like. Nearly everything is being changed. I might see vocal heal, WOC pulses, Defeat Response time increase, Make Haste Duration, Valiant Strike heal still
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000001254ea/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Yeah. We (well, many of us) asked for buffsticks to be shot in the head, and here it goes. There will be a lot of adjustments coming for us.
    [b][SIZE=3][COLOR="#FFFFFF"]Cainwen Ciaphas[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b][COLOR="#C3C3C3"], Captain of Crickhollow, [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Literature/CiaphasCain]HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH[/url]!!!
    [i]I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered![/i] My opinions are my own![/color]

For those wondering:

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterU View Post
    Captain:
    Kick Cooldown
    Morale from Motivating Speech
    Tactics: On Guard Parry Rating Buff
    Tactics: Relentless Attack Critical Rating Buff
    Cutting Attack Bleed Damage
    Tactics: Focus in-Combat Power Regen Buff
    Rallying Cry Healing
    Rallying Cry Cooldown
    Strength of Will Effects
    Melee Skills Healing
    Time of Need Cooldown
    Escape from Darkness Cooldown
    Muster Courage Cooldown
    Grave Wound Cooldown
    Shield of the Dúnedain Cooldown
    Shadow's Lament Cooldown
    Basically, we're having our existing legacies pulled and getting a whole swath of new ones.

It's about damn time.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Landroval

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Steam: Almagnus1

Now that the NDA is dropped, while things are going to be different, I generally like the changes, and they are a very good thing for the class.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Landroval

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Steam: Almagnus1

id like to see the trees BEFORE the game comes out... I want to say, to help me decide if ill preorder, but I will no matter what (im a bit of a sucker). it would definatly help me decide which version to preorder.

anyway, I am glad to see buffsticks die (I did ask for that!), the removal of RC cool down scares me a bit... is it going to be deep into a tree and screw my play-style?

so, the NDA is now lifted, you say... anyone got the trees, as-is/so-far, that they can share?

thanks in advance!

edit: I just noticed the new sticky... got some questions answered in there. not all hope is lost on Rally Cry! phew!
    Last edited by SapienChavez; Nov 04 2013 at 05:40 PM.

Yeah, before you get too scared about losing cooldown legacies, note that almost every skill we have got its base cooldown reduced. In some cases (Shadow's Lament, Last Stand), they were reduced by a lot.

RockX is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Turbine, Inc.
    While it doesn't have visual aids, Belnavar's 'Captain Guide' (or whatever it's called) is stickied in this forum and provides information on what the traits do.

I'd take a look there for some more information.

Quote Originally Posted by RockX View Post
    While it doesn't have visual aids, Belnavar's 'Captain Guide' (or whatever it's called) is stickied in this forum and provides information on what the traits do.

I'd take a look there for some more information.
    Changes summary, good (it's a pile that will take a bit to internalize).

I made these pics for a friend, they are the Lead the Charge traits:
    derungorm.imgur.com
    Edit: I noticed some traits are missing... Very strange.

thanks for the screen caps!

having been playing other games recently... this community is so refreshing. great as always!

If anybody wants to get more in-depth, there's a video guide up at LOTRO Players: http://lotroplayers.mymiddleearth.co...-a-first-look/