We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - Sneak Peek [HD] Trailer

Thanks for sharing , I've seen a couple of earlier ones but the narrative on this one you shared is great, although what bard says is a change from the poems/songs in the book. What I am concerned about is what looks a really huge story change from how bilbo meets and interacts with smaug. For one he seems not to be wearing the ring!

Still hugely looking forward to it though, I do like the lore but small changes wont spoil it for me, its a blockbuster entertainment film after all no point in expecting or demanding the film as a direct translation but chaning the smaug/bilbo meeting massively might give me a twitch or two.
    Elendilmir - 95 Hunter Berenthalion - 80ish Burg Berendybuck - baby warden Berenion.

Worst Reaver on the server BerendyBash - R4

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarian_Grace View Post
    Thanks for sharing , I've seen a couple of earlier ones but the narrative on this one you shared is great, although what bard says is a change from the poems/songs in the book. What I am concerned about is what looks a really huge story change from how bilbo meets and interacts with smaug. For one he seems not to be wearing the ring!

Still hugely looking forward to it though, I do like the lore but small changes wont spoil it for me, its a blockbuster entertainment film after all no point in expecting or demanding the film as a direct translation but chaning the smaug/bilbo meeting massively might give me a twitch or two.
    It wouldn't surprise me if that's just how the trailer shows it, and he'll be invisible in the actual scene in the movie. Not everyone has read the book - they wouldn't necessarily expect him to be, and what makes for a proper scene in the movie may not be what works for purposes of a trailer where it's all about quick impressions.

Good luck with the 'small changes' though, given what we've seen already. Get ready for more ridiculously indestructible Dwarves (and hobbit) hurtling about in a physics-free enviroment, unconvincing fight scenes, assorted Pale Orc nonsense and Thorin Oakenshield acting like a miniature Klingon, plus this time there'll be that extraneous Elf-chick and a silly-looking Beorn. (Seriously, he looks like Wolverine gone wrong, the fail is massive).

Yep! Peter Jackson will make you believe a Dwarf (and a Hobbit) can fly!
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Radhruin_EU View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if that's just how the trailer shows it, and he'll be invisible in the actual scene in the movie. Not everyone has read the book - they wouldn't necessarily expect him to be, and what makes for a proper scene in the movie may not be what works for purposes of a trailer where it's all about quick impressions.

Good luck with the 'small changes' though, given what we've seen already. Get ready for more ridiculously indestructible Dwarves (and hobbit) hurtling about in a physics-free enviroment, unconvincing fight scenes, assorted Pale Orc nonsense and Thorin Oakenshield acting like a miniature Klingon, plus this time there'll be that extraneous Elf-chick and a silly-looking Beorn. (Seriously, he looks like Wolverine gone wrong, the fail is massive).
    you're right, no one is looking forward to ms lily being there.
    Elendilmir - 95 Hunter Berenthalion - 80ish Burg Berendybuck - baby warden Berenion.

Worst Reaver on the server BerendyBash - R4

I am so stoked, I will be seeing this 100% for sure!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check