We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Server with most EU/UK players?

Hello,

Been wanting to know witch server gives most EU/UK players as I prefer.
    Also, a EU/UK Guild would be nice as well so I can join in within my time zone.

I'd will be playing a Healer or Melee DPS class. Both are my favorite.

Reply ASAP & Thanks!

The old Codemasters servers are where you'll be looking Know Snowbourn has a decent amount of Brits on it.
    Last edited by Atheling; Nov 07 2013 at 02:10 PM.

Well I'm on Arkenstone in the Kin Warriors of Bree, and there seem to be a fair number of us when I play (between 6pm and midnight). If thats the server you choose sent a tell to Flamal and I'll get you an invite. The kin is a mix of US and european players.

Whichever server you end up on, have fun!

Snowbourne is the biggest, and Laureling quite close by. Snowbourn is more relaxed in ruleset, and Laurelin is RP server, meaning it has extra naming rules and extra rules for not intentionally dirupting other people Roleplay.
    Thank you, Turbine, for listening and giving us an opt-out of FE! Good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjutsu View Post
    Well I'm on Arkenstone in the Kin Warriors of Bree, and there seem to be a fair number of us when I play (between 6pm and midnight). If thats the server you choose sent a tell to Flamal and I'll get you an invite. The kin is a mix of US and european players.

Whichever server you end up on, have fun!
    Hello,

Sadly I don't really want to mix with US players. I prefer to have just a kin with EU/UK players only as it would make stuff easy to do stuff at end-game content.
    But thanks for the offer!

As for all, I will check out Snowbourn and go from there.
    Thanks for the nice reply's!

Just returned to Snowbourne after years away and it seems good so far.
    Not flooded in lowbie areas but I kinda like it that way, not having to take turns for quest mobs etc.

myself being a dutchie who plays on a fomer na server... you'll find europeans on all servers nowadays, maybe that the former codemasters servers have a slightly higher european population, but now matter what time of the day you';; find europeans on any server
    Flixxer - Hunter - Imladris - 100 R7 ---- Danielleth - Minstrel - Imladris - 22
    Zaireth - Rune-keeper - Imladris - 73 -- Ariannasophia - Warden - Imladris - 14
    Flixxer - Champion - Eldar - 54

Seems you've already chosen it anyway, but I'll just throw my recommendation for Snowbourn into the ring as well, for anyone looking for a good server for UK/EU players.

If you are looking for a kin, my kin (The Rangers of Eriador) are always recruiting. You can find a link in my signature for more information, so if we seem a good fit for you then please get in touch.
    [SIZE=3][b]Leader of [COLOR="#FFD700"]The Rangers of Eriador[/COLOR], Snowbourn[/b][/SIZE]
    [color=#00BF00]Brya, Balthelion, Fyore, Iarngard, Madic, Eoradain, Trystana, Pendalas, Kharmul, Arkunir, Holibrand, Tifridh, Freawyn, Adlanniel, Tiraniel, Lilija, Theda[/color]
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0szyANQhriMn42fCDdke1EMAOcdzmr9v"]Let's Play LOTRO (YouTube Series)[/URL] ~ [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?461498-The-Rangers-of-Eriador"]Kin Info/Recruitment[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Brya View Post
    Seems you've already chosen it anyway, but I'll just throw my recommendation for Snowbourn into the ring as well, for anyone looking for a good server for UK/EU players.

If you are looking for a kin, my kin (The Rangers of Eriador) are always recruiting. You can find a link in my signature for more information, so if we seem a good fit for you then please get in touch.
    Hey,

Thanks, I will prob keep an eye out for your kin(guild). I've not totally started yet as I'm thinking what class to play from leveling to endgame content as I would love to stick to the class & prob make few video's based on LotrO stuff.

So as I rather not make another post, here my next question.

What is best AoE healer? (Paladin Style sort)

Runekeepers or Minstrel for great AoE healing + good single target healing?

Hope to hear back from anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Undarkness View Post
    So as I rather not make another post, here my next question.

What is best AoE healer? (Paladin Style sort)

Runekeepers or Minstrel for great AoE healing + good single target healing?

Hope to hear back from anyone!
    Both Minstrels and Rune-Keepers are excellent healers for both single-target and AoE. I would suggest you make one of each and play it to level 20:ish. It doesn't take long but will give you far better information of which class you'll *enjoy* playing rather than trying to play whatever class is "topping the meters". Don't discard Captains which would be most like a Holy Paladin. Captains are excellent healers too.
    [I]A small cog in a big machine.
    [/I]
    Life has no "Undo" button, only "I'm sorry". Thinking before doing is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven-EU View Post
    Both Minstrels and Rune-Keepers are excellent healers for both single-target and AoE. I would suggest you make one of each and play it to level 20:ish. It doesn't take long but will give you far better information of which class you'll *enjoy* playing rather than trying to play whatever class is "topping the meters". Don't discard Captains which would be most like a Holy Paladin. Captains are excellent healers too.
    Aren't Captains a "supportive" class, than a healer class based?
    I would play Captain then if they are healers in there own way, but if both Runekeeper & Minstrel are great healers in both ways, what has more of the fun to them in healing?

I'd like to heal a lot even if I don't need to, standing around and healing regularly makes me yawn a lot (lol).

Anyways, If Captain can heal or play as a Healer, then I'll go Captain. Just coz I like using 2h weapons as well as Board+sword.

Aren't Captains a "supportive" class, than a healer class based?
    Captains can output significant amounts of healing (enough to make main healers envious) under specific conditions. Also, isn't healing a "support" function? With the upcoming Helm's Deep expansion we'll see some significant changes to all classes. I'm not 100% sure where Captains stand healing wise but I cannot think that they would not be viable healers.

I would play Captain then if they are healers in there own way, but if both Runekeeper & Minstrel are great healers in both ways, what has more of the fun to them in healing?
    Captains will be tanks/DPS/healers in Helm's Deep. If you fancy the idea of using a 2H then Captain is the way to go. I raid heal on a Rune-Keeper and love it while I dislike healing on my Minstrel. I know other players who love healing on their Minstrel but dislike Rune-Keeper healing. I'm sorry but I cannot tell you what you like. I'm afraid you'll have to make up your own mind.

Captains can definitely heal any 3/6-man content in this game and no serious raid goes without at least one Captain. Preferably two.

I'd like to heal a lot even if I don't need to, standing around and healing regularly makes me yawn a lot (lol).

Anyways, If Captain can heal or play as a Healer, then I'll go Captain. Just coz I like using 2h weapons as well as Board+sword.
    There's your own answer to yourself. You like a 2H sword or Sword'n'Board so go Captain! The first 30:ish levels go past so fast that I strongly suggest you make one character of each class (CPT, MIN, RNK) to get the feel of them all. Pick the one that's most fun and level it to cap.
    [I]A small cog in a big machine.
    [/I]
    Life has no "Undo" button, only "I'm sorry". Thinking before doing is a good thing.

Also, isn't healing a "support" function?
    Lotro's systems categorize class roles into 4 types. Tank, DPS, Healing, Support (See the instance finder). It seems to me that healing and support were intended to be distinct roles.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Captains can output significant amounts of healing (enough to make main healers envious) under specific conditions. Also, isn't healing a "support" function? With the upcoming Helm's Deep expansion we'll see some significant changes to all classes. I'm not 100% sure where Captains stand healing wise but I cannot think that they would not be viable healers.

Captains will be tanks/DPS/healers in Helm's Deep. If you fancy the idea of using a 2H then Captain is the way to go. I raid heal on a Rune-Keeper and love it while I dislike healing on my Minstrel. I know other players who love healing on their Minstrel but dislike Rune-Keeper healing. I'm sorry but I cannot tell you what you like. I'm afraid you'll have to make up your own mind.

Captains can definitely heal any 3/6-man content in this game and no serious raid goes without at least one Captain. Preferably two.

There's your own answer to yourself. You like a 2H sword or Sword'n'Board so go Captain! The first 30:ish levels go past so fast that I strongly suggest you make one character of each class (CPT, MIN, RNK) to get the feel of them all. Pick the one that's most fun and level it to cap.

Thanks Raven-EU, I'm going to make a Captain and level him.
    Appreciate the comments all!