We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Can't Buy Points

Hi folks,

I was hoping to pick up some TP with the current deal (double bonus points) however when I try to buy them ingame I get red text saying it failed after clicking the final confirm. I also got a phone call from my bank fraud branch asking if this was a legit attempt. I said yes, hoping they'd then allow the purchase, but no.

So then I tried to go to the lotromarket, but the UK page is down, and I can't tell if the point / cost ratio of the US page is the same. I wanted the 40 sterling package, for 9k TP, and the webpage I try to buy the points from doesn't show this bracket (or the double bonus points)

Any help?

101 views -- no suggestions?

I've had this problem too.

Last time it happened, I had to submit a ticket via the webpage. It was annoying that I had to do so, but once the Account Support bod got in touch it was dealt with very fast (Thanks again Dyonysus!) Even though my enquiry was made on the last day of the bonus points week, but wasn't picked up for a couple of days, there was no problem with awarding me the bonus points amount I had been attempting to buy.

Unfortunately though, I am STILL having this problem - happened again when trying to get some points yesterday

The same thing happens to me does not leave me to buy points

I dont know if you guys use steam or not, but id recommend it, at the very least if the transaction gets lost or held up you can prove what day you ordered it so you can get bonus points if it clears after the offer ends and you dont get said bonus by opening a ticket and proving it wasnt your fault and you should get the bonus TPs.

Hope that made sense.

Ive had this error in the past around when billing got ahem, improved. Your best bet, see if the moneys gone from your account, if it has, or if you fail to get the payment through, ring up turbine support, im in the uk so i use skype to make the call for free, the numbers in the forum as are call centre opening times (in est though so you have to add 5 hours so you know what time they are to you), the support staff are quite helpful.

Guys, check the sticky about failed points & other purchases. I just reentered my billing info from scratch on https://myaccount.turbine.com -- and I added a 0 (zero) to the beginning of my zip at Account Management's suggestion because it has only 4 digits (the system seems to work better with 5).

It worked!! I have points now.

Maybe that will help you too.

WHEN UPDATING YOUR INFO:
    -if your postal code is less than five characters long, add extra 0's (zeros) to the beginning so that it is five characters long (ie if your postal code is 1234, enter 01234 in the postal code field)
    -if your postal code has a space, dash or other punctuation in it, remove it. If this makes it less than five characters, see the tip above
    -if you do not have a postal code, please enter 00000 in the postal code field

Thats great if you're not in the UK, where postcodes are usually 7 letters and digits. I re-entered my card details anyway, in case that was an issue, but it was still not working. Thanks for the suggestion though, its all worth considering and may help someone else.

Are any of the people who've posted in this thread still having issues?
    Did updating your information solve the issue?

If you're still having problems, or still coming upon error messages during the purchase process for points, please contact our Account Support: http://support.turbine.com/ics/support/splash.asp

I had similar problems, contacted support and on their suggestion did the following:
    --> empty browser cashe
    --> go to internet options, tab connections, Lan, disable automatic detection of settings (sry if this is gibberish, Im roughly translating from german ^^)
    --> reentered my billing options. Since where I live has an "Umlaut" (ü) in it the information on file was, to say the least, corrupted...

I got to spend way to much money and am rolling in TBs now
    Hope this helps!

Thank you for the help between in the account I returned to put the information of my visa again and I work I could buy

Quote Originally Posted by Paksenarrion View Post
    -if your postal code is less than five characters long, add extra 0's (zeros) to the beginning so that it is five characters long (ie if your postal code is 1234, enter 01234 in the postal code field)
    This did it for me.

Turbine, if the State is set to 'Not applicable/Unknown', you should not check the number of digits in the postal code.

I'm really upset. Tried to buy points during the double bonus points promotion, but kept getting an error message. I changed my postcode so that it had no spaces in it, no change. I sent a ticket about it, to which I have had no reply. The bonus points promotion has ended, and I'm very annoyed that I missed it, to the extent that I'm not going to buy any points until I really need them.

Unfortunately there seems to be more to this issue than just the postcode problem.

Elli

I had the same problem just this week. The Post Code thing fixed it for me. Plus while I was editing that information I found that the name associated with my credit card details was wrong. It had my full name from my sign up details rather than my abbreviated version that's on my card. After that it worked perfectly! First try.

Quote Originally Posted by Elli View Post
    I'm really upset. Tried to buy points during the double bonus points promotion, but kept getting an error message. I changed my postcode so that it had no spaces in it, no change. I sent a ticket about it, to which I have had no reply. The bonus points promotion has ended, and I'm very annoyed that I missed it, to the extent that I'm not going to buy any points until I really need them.

Unfortunately there seems to be more to this issue than just the postcode problem.

Elli
    I had an issue with TP also but its expansion time and I am sure the ticket queue is huge right now. It took over a week to get a response but my issue was resolved.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820a00000000548a/01001/signature.png]Nerobus[/charsig]