We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I have to think they remove the limit on it. I thought they might do that once they got the rest of the content in, but they didnt. Maybe they thought it was better to wait so it didnt look 'obvious'.

But Hytbold was basically the way they gave 'content' for people to do on a daily basis to fill the gap between release of RoR and the time when the instances came out. Most open world and deed quests were done in less than a week by a majority of the people. So rather than have everyone just leave like they always do they gave them a 6 week grind, that if nothing else enticed them to log into the game at least for a few minutes a day to complete. They did tie it into the reputation grind which was obvious but it still was gated by a 5 turn in per day limit.

if we could get some official statement on whether the 5x limit will be removed once HD is released that would be awesome! if that were removed, getting the full set (and rebuilding the whole town) would be a cake walk. and that's the reason i fear they won't remove it....

Quote Originally Posted by goldensilence View Post
    if we could get some official statement on whether the 5x limit will be removed once HD is released that would be awesome!.
    How about this?.. The limit being removed is players dream and never suggested or mentioned by Turbine, so its just internet rumor. No reason for them to comment on it.

Unless there's some changes to East Rohan when HD comes out, doing Hytbold is the only way to get kindred with the 4 factions. If this doesn't interest you then I'd say ignore Hytbold. You soon get bored by the same quests and it fills up your deed log with deeds you'll never complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostro44 View Post
    Unless there's some changes to East Rohan when HD comes out, doing Hytbold is the only way to get kindred with the 4 factions. If this doesn't interest you then I'd say ignore Hytbold. You soon get bored by the same quests and it fills up your deed log with deeds you'll never complete.
    i had to double check to make sure since it had been awhile. But I am kindred with all of them and didnt complete it, not even close really on a couple toons. I only completed it once on my main guy so I am definitely not in the same class as guys who have done it a half a dozen or more.

Quote Originally Posted by rodarin View Post
    i had to double check to make sure since it had been awhile. But I am kindred with all of them and didnt complete it, not even close really on a couple toons. I only completed it once on my main guy so I am definitely not in the same class as guys who have done it a half a dozen or more.
    Nostro didn't say you had to complete Hytbold to reach Kindred. The statement was that you have to do Hytbold (as in "do repeatable quests related to Hytbold") to reach Kindred.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadd_EU View Post
    Nostro didn't say you had to complete Hytbold to reach Kindred. The statement was that you have to do Hytbold (as in "do repeatable quests related to Hytbold") to reach Kindred.
    Nah, I got Kindred on two of the four cities with my LM before i even got a chance to start on Hytboldt or got to Snowborne. But, why get Kindred if you are NOT going to build it? No other benefit but getting the city rebuilt and the gear because you rebuilt the city, that I can think of. Besides, once you head into Westerment, most tunes will never go back into that area, unless to do deeds. The PLAYERS might, on alts leveling up.

I'll probably pass with alts still coming up. I think I'd exchanged pretty much all of the Hytbold stuff for better statted quest gear before I'd hit 90 in beta. You should be able to handle the landscape content until then without Hytbold gear anyway. Just my 2p; other people may think differently.

It's up to the individual player, isn't it, what s/he wants to do.

Myself, I've finished Hytbold on my two 85s, and all my lower characters
    currently leveling will do it eventually, or I'll know the reason why.

Because of the instance at the end, which is a fine conclusion to a long
    story thread. I shall say no more; some people dislike spoilers.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Get the crafting areas built so you can get compendiums so you can craft relics so you can turn them into shards so when you get your level 95 LIs, you'll be able to afford the good level 95 relics for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheery View Post
    Get the crafting areas built so you can get compendiums so you can craft relics so you can turn them into shards so when you get your level 95 LIs, you'll be able to afford the good level 95 relics for them.
    You're not going to get items for level 95 crafted relics out of a level 85 crafting instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Darlgon View Post
    Nah, I got Kindred on two of the four cities with my LM before i even got a chance to start on Hytboldt or got to Snowborne.
    I have to presume that you used rep accelerators, because just doing quests won't get you more than about 3/4 of the way across Friend towards Ally without them.

Quote Originally Posted by whheydt View Post
    You're not going to get items for level 95 crafted relics out of a level 85 crafting instance.
    He/she is talking about shards which are result of deconning crafted relics which can be crafted at lvl 85 which require the compendium iv which is available from Isengraf (prospector crafting instance in Hytbold). Got it now?

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoFurriel View Post
    He/she is talking about shards which are result of deconning crafted relics which can be crafted at lvl 85 which require the compendium iv which is available from Isengraf (prospector crafting instance in Hytbold). Got it now?
    If that's what was meant, okay.

I would have taken it as a "crafted relic", which for level 95 will take a Compendium V--and that's not going to come out of a level 85 instance.

If that's what was meant, okay.

I would have taken it as a "crafted relic", which for level 95 will take a Compendium V--and that's not going to come out of a level 85 instance.
    Read again:

Quote Originally Posted by Cheery View Post
    Good level 95 relics = settings, gems and runes which can cost 10k shards each.

If you have 4 LIs in each character (pretty common since most classes will need separate LIs for different roles, ex: minstrel dps vs healing), that can add up to a ton of shards. If we multiply by 3 or 4 characters... Well, let's not even think about that.

The good news is: most 95 relics are useless or at least marginal upgrades from 85 ones. That plus the lack of group instances/quests that require min/max stats (dps, healing, tanking, resists etc), all the interest is going out of the window.

I have to presume that you used rep accelerators, because just doing quests won't get you more than about 3/4 of the way across Friend towards Ally without them.
    Nope.. warbands and mob kill X/deed have faction too. Plus, after running my warden through first, I knew which quests I had missed the first time.

Not sure how other beta testers experienced it but the landscape stuff and most the quest stuff up to about level 93 I passed on, lost too many benefits for a couple hundred AC or a boost of a bit of morale or a couple agi. In beta I took most my Hytbold all the way to 94-95 and kept both my SAs as well with no apparent problems. Even kept hold of most my jewelry and off-hand until the very last. The stats on the new stuff are okay, but those extras just weren't there.

As such if you are there and you want to do it I wouldn't worry about "outgrowing" it too fast, unless of course you are one who likes to do the "run to the finish" and level to 95 by next weekend, heh heh.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2