We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2nd step: Take action against multiboxing and bots

Sapience said they're taking action on serving justice to the clubbers. That is just the beginning, botting and multiboxing is as much plague to our PvP as clubbing, in fact this has more impact on daily PvP since they are there where the action is.

It is very disheartening to see rune-keepers with captain bots macroed to follow them and spam words of courage and situational shield of the dunedain. This is causing a lot of unbalance between sides.

The thread against clubbing was successfull, ./sign against botting and multiboxing.
    Maybe some day we will see fair PvMP.
    [Juregar/Laurelin] [Jureon/Evernight] [Ragetrain/Laurelin]
    Member of Puliveivarit
    I was a corner survivor

./signed
    This is a great plague in our server....i hope it will end soon...lots of creeps leaving Gilrain cause of this...
    I've blackened the sun and I've bloodied the moon.

/signed

vive la revolution!!!!!!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/232210000001128ef/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Wohoaa...

I was just getting started.

Oh come on.. Don't ask everything at once and be happy with this small victory
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    Victory? No. This is just the first step. We are all familiar with Turbine's ability to write one thing on paper and then have implementation be an entirely different concept.

It is a victory when the rules are written into the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    Turbine is known for doing everything only once, all at once, so no. We need to strike while the metal is HOT.
    [highlight][color=black][size=2][B](•_•) Out numbered? Out gunned?
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■) Challenge Accepted[/B][/size][/color][/highlight]

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    let me be clear, since already my comments are being expanded upon and taken out of context. I said we are investigating ways to track certain behaviours. Action is still a ways off. Though we have not taken any possible action off the table once we have a reliable means of proving players performed certain actions.

So let's not jump the gun or go beyond what I actually said.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    let me be clear, since already my comments are being expanded upon and taken out of context. I said we are investigating ways to track certain behaviours. Action is still a ways off. Though we have not taken any possible action off the table once we have a reliable means of proving players performed certain actions.

See, see!
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

Certain behaviors?

One thing i know has been causing problems in the past with the community is no official word on what these behaviors are.
    Everyone seems to have their own views on what is bad (against the rules) or not.
    [highlight][color=black][size=2][B](•_•) Out numbered? Out gunned?
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■) Challenge Accepted[/B][/size][/color][/highlight]

Quote Originally Posted by Makawulf View Post
    ./signed
    This is a great plague in our server....i hope it will end soon...lots of creeps leaving Gilrain cause of this...

Lots of creeps already left, and now one of the players who used to bot has gone Creep side to lead raids. Probably because he realised he had done a lot of dmg to the server.

Another bot player is still active though, a person every single person on gilrain has seen botting, exploiting and cheating in every possible way.

It really takes the fun out of it.

Proper action would be stripping their (cheaters) rank to zero.

Thumbs up

/signed

/signed
    [IMG]http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii524/Martwen/juan_zps65bf8663.jpg[/IMG]

Badjuanra R12 (BA), Adbulhassan R9 (STK), Fatjuanra R9 (WL)

Time stamped screen shots? We have one guy on Nimrodel that 4 boxes...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000c031c/01006/signature.png]Ridka[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Exion_Blade View Post
    Certain behaviors?

One thing i know has been causing problems in the past with the community is no official word on what these behaviors are.
    Everyone seems to have their own views on what is bad (against the rules) or not.
    Oh please, ever heard of conscience.
    [Juregar/Laurelin] [Jureon/Evernight] [Ragetrain/Laurelin]
    Member of Puliveivarit
    I was a corner survivor

Can you just imagine someone creating a multi box with the sole intention of grieving a server and having the publisher not only allow it, but not receive a dime for it? Freaver multi boxes so large you can auto attack your enemies to death, if you don't freeze the server first.

Preventative measures WB. 4-6 multi boxers are just the foot in the door leading to endless possibilities IMO.

/signed.
    [center][URL=http://s1170.photobucket.com/user/Glohir/media/99b92620-47a6-43d6-8b52-1ff43a173a35_zpsz90debot.png.html][IMG]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r524/Glohir/99b92620-47a6-43d6-8b52-1ff43a173a35_zpsz90debot.png[/IMG][/URL][/center]

/notsigned

Botting is already against the TOS and 'boxing isn't botting.

And you complain about duo RK+cap?

You should see the guy in my server multiboxing 6 spiders and playing with the support and heals of his kin.
    Look at the numbers on creep side, the 12 first are the multiboxer, his kinnies and a heal leecher.
    First 2 creeps made more renown than first 10 freeps.
    Thats the PvP on my server.

Last edited by TiNdA-LoS; Apr 22 2013 at 05:11 AM.
    [IMG]http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/254/6rpe.jpg[/IMG][FONT=Verdana]
    Tindalas is Laurelin's negative nancy. ([/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Felathurin aka Brunt)[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by TiNdA-LoS View Post
    And you complain about duo RK+cap?

You should see the guy in my server multiboxing 6 spiders and playing with the support and heals of his kin.
    Look at the numbers on creep side, the 12 first are the multiboxer, his kinnies and a heal leecher.
    First 2 creeps made more renown than first 10 freeps.
    Thats the PvP on my server.

On a sidenote we can see fightclubbers Phiolin and Anvi! And yes, seeing a multiboxer at first is funny but it isn't anymore.

How many freeps do solo these days on Laurelin? I think they can be counted on one hand.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c01000022735a/signature.png]Bubbs[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by eois View Post
    On a sidenote we can see fightclubbers Phiolin and Anvi! And yes, seeing a multiboxer at first is funny but it isn't anymore.

How many freeps do solo these days on Laurelin? I think they can be counted on one hand.
    I solo these days on Laurelin, with no big success because there are no creeps online most of the day.
    The only action is at late afternoon/night but is mostly a zerg.
    And are you justifying multiboxing because there are no solo freeps? Just as FCers justify FC because there are no creeps?

Well, only one of the multibox spiders made more renown than the 2 supposed FCers. (Phio is not).
    And your kin was supporting your kinnie multiboxer and they seemed to find it pretty funny.
    My screenshoot worths more than one thousand of your words.
    Last edited by TiNdA-LoS; Apr 24 2013 at 03:36 AM.
    [IMG]http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/254/6rpe.jpg[/IMG][FONT=Verdana]
    Tindalas is Laurelin's negative nancy. ([/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Felathurin aka Brunt)[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Jureon View Post
    Sapience said they're taking action on serving justice to the clubbers. That is just the beginning, botting and multiboxing is as much plague to our PvP as clubbing, in fact this has more impact on daily PvP since they are there where the action is.

It is very disheartening to see rune-keepers with captain bots macroed to follow them and spam words of courage and situational shield of the dunedain. This is causing a lot of unbalance between sides.

The thread against clubbing was successfull, ./sign against botting and multiboxing.
    Maybe some day we will see fair PvMP.
    first off where do you get off hating on multiboxers they work harder then anyone else in the game and also I have seen multi boxers that are helpful to other players so leave multiboxers alone they have just as much right as you do to play on lotro they just play a different way.and two who do you think you are lets just make it so that people that play like you can't play anymore because I don't like it.

also I don't know what clubbers are what ever all I have to say about them is if they were just another type of player you guys hated the way they played all I have to say is you all should be ashamed of your self celebrating a person not being able to play the way they like.

how about they remove all things to do with pvp and pvmp and the ability to even do those things from the game you seem to like those things. if they were to do that I am guessing you would hate that right?

i hate people that play by a bot because they are not playing they are just filling a slot and those players are a plague on the game. everything else I see no problems with and think those players should be left alone.
    Last edited by ZepherZane; Nov 02 2013 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZepherZane View Post
    first off where do you get off hating on multiboxers they work harder then anyone else in the game and also I have seen multi boxers that are helpful to other players so leave multiboxers alone they have just as much right as you do to play on lotro they just play a different way.and two who do you think you are lets just make it so that people that play like you can't play anymore because I don't like it.

also I don't know what clubbers are what ever all I have to say about them is if they were just another type of player you guys hated the way they played all I have to say is you all should be ashamed of your self celebrating a person not being able to play the way they like.

how about they remove all things to do with pvp and pvmp and the ability to even do those things from the game you seem to like those things. if they were to do that I am guessing you would hate that right?

i hate people that play by a bot because they are not playing they are just filling a slot and those players are a plague on the game. everything else I see no problems with and think those players should be left alone.
    That's you, isn't it?

~Nimolas R11 Warden (Retired before RoR) (Snowbourn)

~Eralwen R10 hunter

I have tried to point out before that free to play account abuse is more severe to lotro then anything else... It doesnt surprise me that under the veil of multiboxing they not only tarnish players but the game... but it continues....

i dont think multiboxing is the issue at all...
    "There are things that go bump in the night. We're the ones who bump back." -BPRD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast