We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Account banned for no reason?

Has anyone had this happen recently?

So I am a returning player (and currently logged onto a second account to post this). But on my main account I put in my information to log in and get a message on the forums that says " account banned for the following reason: "no reason was specified" and that the ban won't be lifted till 2040 which I'm guessing means its a lifetime ban. :P

I haven't played the game since shortly after the Rohan expansion and have been getting requests to come back for the Helms Deep expansion coming up so I thought I'd log on and check things out. Is this by chance a bug of some kind going around? I couldn't find anything via forum search, and I did send a message to Turbine and am awaiting a response, but anyone else have this happen by chance?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000001238/01008/signature.png]Clothar[/charsig]

This kind of ban is manually applied by a Game Master for a serious rule violation like real market trading (gold selling).

Make sure to change your pass word. Odds are your account was stolen by a gold seller. Some mix of --> stripped of all gold, everything sold or destroyed plus your characters deleted.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Oh dear. I did change my password and was able to log onto the game on this account and saw that my characters on the account I can't log in to still exist (I hope) at the very least, so I'm hopeful that I can still get back to them even if they are stripped of everything. Though I noticed in my guild tab that they hadn't been logged into for 295 days and I think that's about how long it's been since Rohan (I did level for a couple of weeks before leaving for real life commitments i.e grad school was kicking my butt). So hopefully no one has accessed the characters but I suppose if they hadn't been logged on into a while the list might still register the characters as there but in reality they are gone?

Eeep. I am so hoping Turbine responds to my ticket soon yikes!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000001238/01008/signature.png]Clothar[/charsig]

If you run into an unexpected ban message when trying to log into the web site, feel free to contact Community/Forum Support by visiting support.turbine.com. Click on "Support Center" and then "Submit a Ticket." Thanks!
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Find LOTRO on: Facebook Twitter Twitch Google+
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Google+ Instagram
    My PM inbox is broken. Click here to send me a private message.
    cool cool

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    If you run into an unexpected ban message when trying to log into the web site, feel free to contact Community/Forum Support by visiting support.turbine.com. Click on "Support Center" and then "Submit a Ticket." Thanks!
    I fail at Reading 101 since a Forum Ban is mentioned.

There are two kinds of bans - Forum and Game. Generally people get an in game as I mentioned along with a forum ban.

It is possible to get a Forum Ban by itself for posting violations without affecting your game play. If you only have forum ban you need to send a ticket to the Community team using the support site.

For an in game ban you send a ticket to the Game Masters.

Unfortunately ticket processing speed isn't very fast by my standards. Do not be surprised if it takes some days. You first got to find out the What When Why for the ban. Fill out an appeal.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

I got my answer from the support ticket I sent in! Turns out at some point while I was away my account was logged into from an IP address Turbine felt was unsecure so my account was locked for its protection. It's now unlocked and although I haven't had time to log into all of my characters yet, it appears nothing is missing (or at the very least nothing is missing off of my main character which is awesome!). Thanks for the help!