We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Returning player lvl 39 LM with alot of questions...

Hello, and thank you in advance. I have been away a long while and am pretty lost. I logged on and found my 39 loremaster in the snow area just north of Rivendell. Having played alot of games i was surprised to see so many toolbars and so many skills. Very overwelming lol. I was tempted to just start over at level 1. Anyway i would appreciate some guidance.

1. I am not sure which, if any expansion packs i purchased. How do i check?

2. Would it make sense to buy all the packs i dont have for the best player experience?

3. Was there ever a lifetime sub option? I feel like i would have purchased that if there was, how do i check?

4. If not and if you can afford it should i sub?

Loremaster specific:

1. I was looking to see how to get the sword staff legendary and have the deed. It told me to speak to gandalf in rivendell. I went there but could not access the guest room area. It said i didnt complete book 10 quest 12. Are those quest books something that you need to do all of them to advance? It listed it as a level 50 quest chain on the wiki. Clearly im too low level at this point either way but im still confused about the epic book quests. Can i see what i have completed so i see where to pick up from?

2. As of today is the lore master still mostly support or can i do decent damage also? It didnt seem like it had alot of damage spells. I ask only because tge game has changed dramatically since i played. Still looks good with dx11 though.

3. Am i in the right place to pick up questing in the snowy area north of Rivendell or should i go someplace else? Im 39 and tge mobs seem to be 43+
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000e91dd/signature.png]Shaakti[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel230 View Post
    1. I am not sure which, if any expansion packs i purchased. How do i check?
    You could try logging into https://myaccount.turbine.com/ or you could log onto LotRO and check the expansion tab of LotRO store.
    2. Would it make sense to buy all the packs i dont have for the best player experience?
    That depends... Do you want to experience the stories of each region, or do you want to get to level cap to experience?
    If the former, sure. Have at them. If the latter, probably not. There a bunch of redundancy in the level range in 7-50 range. From 50-60, Moria stands alone.
    Lothlorien is lvl 60, Mirkwood is lvl 60-65, Enedwaith is 60-65, Isengard is 65-75, Great River is 70-75, Rohan is 75-85, wildermore is currently 85 (but, might change to 80-85).

3. Was there ever a lifetime sub option? I feel like i would have purchased that if there was, how do i check?
    There was. Again, check your account status on the turbine site.

4. If not and if you can afford it should i sub?
    It might be better to do that to get to lvl 50, rather than getting quest packs.
    But, from 50 on, the only VIP zones are Loth, Ened, Great River and wildermore. Moria, Mirk, Isengard and Rohan are expansions, which even VIP's have to buy to play.

1. I was looking to see how to get the sword staff legendary and have the deed. It told me to speak to gandalf in rivendell. I went there but could not access the guest room area. It said i didnt complete book 10 quest 12. Are those quest books something that you need to do all of them to advance?
    You tried the wrong door. Gandalf and the four hobbits are in Bilbo's Room on the south side. The room on the north side is part of the Volume 1 Epic.
    2. As of today is the lore master still mostly support or can i do decent damage also?
    You won't win any awards for DPS, but you can hold your own if traited correctly. However, when grouped, people will expect you to do crowd-control. And, traiting for damage pretty much kills your CC capabilities.

Keep in mind, every class gets overhauled with HD. So, times. They are a changing.
    3. Am i in the right place to pick up questing in the snowy area north of Rivendell or should i go someplace else? Im 39 and tge mobs seem to be 43+
    Misty Mountains, and I'd say it'd be better to be in the low 40's.

Ok thank you, the site you suggested was helpful.

I see I am a LOTRO VIP founder Life, and I have SoA and MoM. As a founder/ Life should I have been getting the 500 TP every month? Where would I see how many I have?

Also at level 39, what zone would you suggest I go back to for now?

Thanks
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000e91dd/signature.png]Shaakti[/charsig]

Ok thank you, the site you suggested was helpful.

I see I am a LOTRO VIP founder Life, and I have SoA and MoM. As a founder/ Life should I have been getting the 500 TP every month? Where would I see how many I have?

Thanks
    I found i have over 19000 turbine points. Anything you suggest as a must buy?

I suggest you make sure you have finished Trollshaws content and the main quest line. From 40-50 I would mix up Misty Mountains, Angmar and Eregion, as you follow the main story line. Try to complete enough quests in each area to get the full virtue package anyway.

With 19000 points? I would definitely buy Moria, its great. Gives you access to Warden and Runekeeper and lots of great content. As a lifetime member you have points to burn so buy the things that make your play fun and easy - craft advancement, mithril coins, gold presents, enhanced stats, and expansions as you level to them.

I'm free to play, so I focus on buying content, so I'm not in the best position to advise you on spending that many points.

I'm not sure how that was supposed to take place... I believe you had to be active to get some of the TP, but I could be wrong.
    I'm not sure what you've done so far.

I usually do the scant amount of quests in Trollshaws, then move to Misty Mountains and do the quests in the south. Then, head to Angmar and do the quests in the south of there. All the while following Book 4, 5 and 6 of the Epic quest line.

After all that, you should be 45 and ready to head to Echad Dunann in Eregion and begin Volume 2, Book 1 to get your Legendary items.

Then, to Forochel for a bit and back to Eregion to quest proper, and you should be 50 and ready to stroll into Moria.
    At the least, Isengard and Rohan are good buys. Since Enedwaith covers the same levels, you can skip getting Mirkwood and only do the Epics there if you want (there are 5 skirmishes unlocked through that Epic).

Also, upgrade your wallet and get the 6th bag. You might want to get an account-wide journeyman riding skill, it'll make all your mounts into +78% speed, rather than the normal +62%/+68%.

As a lifer, you need the Mirkwood, the Rise of Isengard and Riders of Rohan expansions to own all there is, and also will need Helms Deep when it comes out on 18th november.

You can get three former with TP you have accumulated right now, and You will be able to buy HD with TP too once it becomes available. However, if you want to get preorder goodies, then you can still preorder it with real money. Not all goodies will be packed with HD in store. YOu may also try and wait if these will happen to be on a reduced price sale.

Shield of the Hammerhand
    A back-slot item with the appearance of a Rohirric pack and shield. Stats scale to your level. +25% XP gain on Monster Kills, Crafting, Quest Completions. +25% Legendary Item and Mounted Combat XP.
    Exclusive Rohan Mount Bundle
    Steed of the Hammerhand with matching War-steed appearance
    You will miss these if not preordering, but with amoutn of TP you have, you can afford to miss them. Also, some extras from legendary edition pack (Im looking at +10 quest slots) may be missing from store version too or sold separately... Plus if you want to experince all stuff, You may more wnat to buy "Stone of Tortouse" XP disabler to slow down racing to level cap.

For other stuff, "Yourneyman riding" (dont buy "apprentice riding", they dont stack, you get apperntice riding as part of yourneyman package, and if you buy apprentice first, you then pat for itr again. Dont ask.) gives riding skill to every character you have (as VIP you can get that free at level 20, i need add), and also givs all your horses a +78% speed. And if you still want to experince old speeds, you can use "smell the rosees" skill to slow down.

More shared storage and more vardrobe space is always a good thing - for me as a packrat, i feel i can newer have too much storage.

Having extra milestones, Hurried Traveller and Fast Returner passives is a nice thing too, but all these three are per character only. That may get costly if you have many characters adn want that for all of them.

Advanced Barter Wallet helps a lot with storage filling up,.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000163bef/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Thank you, Turbine, for listening and giving us an opt-out of FE! Good work!

Ok i will do that stuff now. Where do you get the account journeyman riding skill? Is that in the store?

Yes, Under [Travel & Housing] -> [Travel Traits].

I got the account-wide version, so it'll apply to all my characters on all servers.

Ok i will do that stuff now. Where do you get the account journeyman riding skill? Is that in the store?
    Yes. It is in the store.
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    http://www.theoldergamers.com

just quoting from here
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...uest-exp-packs

"For the next 10 days or so, you *could* choose to pre-order Helm's Deep. If you do it from Turbine's site, you can also get the Quad Pack for half price. That will give you all 5 expansions in one purchase..."

That way you can spend your TP for the riding trait and other fun stuff.

Ok i pre ordered hels deep and tge 4 pack. I got the journeyman riding trait, the wallet upgrade, some coins, experience boosts and went to trollshaws. Is there a best way to level up? Do i just do every quest? How do you know what to skip or when to move on?

I also see i somehow have quests for vol 2 book 4 and book 6 but no 5? Odd.

Is there a best way to level up? Do i just do every quest? How do you know what to skip or when to move on?
    Pretty much. Do all quests labeled solo. The quests labeled small fellowship are of varying difficulty, some can be soloed. Skip large fellowship quests.
    I also see i somehow have quests for vol 2 book 4 and book 6 but no 5? Odd.
    Volume 2? You mean Volume 1?

Anyway, you'll get Book 5 after you complete Book 4. They're supposed to be done in order, but some can be started independent of the others.
    Book 6, for example, can be started without completing Book 5, because Book 6 gives you a passive to safely get past the watcher statues in Angmar and access east Angmar.

You are in great shape now. The leveling is so fast now that a good thing to do at your level would be go visit the trainer in Rivendell and activate your legendary books. These are available at lv 39. You will have to talk to someone in Rivendell to activate them and then you can fill them with pages that drop from mobs. Half of the books are filled from enemy mobs that walk on two legs in Misty Mountains area and the other half from similar mobs in Angmar. Now you can also get all of these pages from mobs in Eregion and Moria too. These when filled will bestow legendary traits you can use. As far as how to best level, I would suggest enjoying the scenery and storyline while doing quests and learning the class again. You will notice mobs and quests will have a color to them and that is an indicator of how easy they should be compared to your level. So as you continue to level you will notice these colors changing and your experience will be less for them as you gain more levels over them. So you can choose to leave the area and go to the next once the rewards seem to be dropping. A good path for your current level would be to continue in the Misty Mountains if the quest seem easy enough for you. If you find yourself dying go back to Trollshaws as indicated earlier. Maybe go all the way back to Ost Guruth and cross the bridge and start in that area. Once you are about level 47 I would head to Eregion, you can go earlier than that but the mobs will be difficult and take quite a bit of effort to kill. After you work your way across Eregion you will find yourself at the walls of Moria. This is at Echad Dunnan and can be started at lv 45. Once you finish this questline you will gain access to Legendary Items. Its best to be about lv 48 or higher to do this for new players. After you finish these areas you will be about lv 50+ and can enter Moria. You can spend 10-12 levels in there easily, by the end of this you will find yourself being very comfortable with the game again and can go to Lothlorien or Mirkwood or Enedwaith.
    Where did all the common sense go?

Welcome Back

Just to add a bit to the excellent advice above, you might check around for a suitable kinship on your server. You may get some ideas on your server forum, or just see who is around and seems friendly and helpful.

You'll have a ready made set of folks to ask about stuff, and help you if you need a hand on some tougher quests.
    LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.