We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Expansions packs

If i get all expansion packs do i get all lotro quest?

No. There are 5 expansions you can get; Moria (lvl 50-60), Mirkwood (lvl 60-65), Isengard (lvl 65-75), Rohan (lvl 75-85) and Helm's Deep (lvl 85-95).
    Just getting them does not get you content from the zones of Shadows of Angmar (lvl 30-50), or the quest packs between the expansions; Lothlorien (lvl 60), Enedwaith (lvl 60-65), Great River (lvl 70-75) or wildermore (lvl 85).

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    No. There are 5 expansions you can get; Moria (lvl 50-60), Mirkwood (lvl 60-65), Isengard (lvl 65-75), Rohan (lvl 75-85) and Helm's Deep (lvl 85-95).
    Just getting them does not get you content from the zones of Shadows of Angmar (lvl 30-50), or the quest packs between the expansions; Lothlorien (lvl 60), Enedwaith (lvl 60-65), Great River (lvl 70-75) or wildermore (lvl 85).
    North Downs quest pack is level 20 to 40 & is not included neither.
    Is this Alternate Playable Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    North Downs quest pack is level 20 to 40 & is not included neither.
    True, the North Downs does have some lower lvl quests, but lvl 20-30 is still covered in Lone Lands.
    Besides, I'd contend whether it should be listed as "to 40", since solo quests peter out around 35.

Regardless, the quest zones with content that covers lvl 30-50 are non-free, non-expansion.

North downs

I'd contend whether it should be listed as "to 40", since solo quests peter out around 35.
    That's why it lasts to lv40...you keep coming back to try and solo them...the end of NORTH DOWNS fellowship quests really grate as all the quests were basically solo until the end! I left feeling I had not completed anything and kept coming back and trying to solo the fellowship quests: Got there in the end although the rewards were irrelevant by then!

East of Esteldin is/was one of my favourite harvesting areas
    WINDFOLA: Tsuhelm Hunter lv62 LANDROVAL: Tsudryt Captain lv62 LAURELIN: Opopa Burgler lv22 WITHYWINDLE: Tsukuld Rune-keeper lv85

WP blog: Tsuhelm

Quote Originally Posted by tsunamimc View Post
    the end of NORTH DOWNS fellowship quests really grate as all the quests were basically solo until the end!
    Not sure it typo, or freudian slip...

I also find it grating (irritating) when the range of content covered in a quest pack is padded with fellowship quests.
    That's why I gave up on North Downs and went straight to Evendim after completing Lone Lands, only briefly stopping into Estledin for the Epics.

Not sure it typo, or freudian slip...grating (irritating) when the range of content covered in a quest pack is padded with fellowship quests.
    NO I meant as you interpreted..as in irritates...but NORTH DOWNS was the most shocking area I have found...the contrast between cool solo quests and the sudden STOP induced by fellowship requirements!

(It felt great when I managed to complete one with a hunter on level due to clever use of aggros and traps but soon lost its appeal with all other leading to the humiliation of LOTRO 'death')

Hope not to find too many more (heard Angmar does the same...)
    WINDFOLA: Tsuhelm Hunter lv62 LANDROVAL: Tsudryt Captain lv62 LAURELIN: Opopa Burgler lv22 WITHYWINDLE: Tsukuld Rune-keeper lv85

Quote Originally Posted by tropadeelite View Post
    If i get all expansion packs do i get all lotro quest?
    No. Zones come in two types, regular zones and expansion zones. Regular zones are those you rent access to if you subscribe (go VIP). Expansions are zones that everyone (even VIPs) need to unlock somehow in order to get all the quests.

If you buy all the expansions, you have all the content you need to go from level 50 to 85 (soon to be 95 if you buy Helm's Deep), but you won't have access to the deeds and non-Epic quests in a number of other zones. At a minimum, you'll need to buy two more zones to get you from level 30 (where the free quest packs leave off in the Lonelands) and level 50 where Moria starts.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

Quote Originally Posted by Shukar View Post
    At a minimum, you'll need to buy two more zones to get you from level 30 (where the free quest packs leave off in the Lonelands) and level 50 where Moria starts.
    What about a lot of skirmishing? Must be possible...

I wouldn't recommend it though!

Quote Originally Posted by tsunamimc View Post
    What about a lot of skirmishing? Must be possible...

I wouldn't recommend it though!
    It's definitely possible, but I sure wouldn't recommend it. Quests are the parts that are most fun!
    <<Insert clever sig here>>