We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Gift of Valar! Raise your level to 50 with no effort at all!

Okay, so whats the point of leveling now?

Waste 4,995 TP and get lv50 instantly and other major buffs/boosts.

Skip most of Eriador , get your ### to Moria! Off we go! Hohoho!

Pathetic...

Game was already super easy and massive XP boosts where enough.

But no.

Greed is ugly thing. Perhaps most devs are dwarves? :P

SRS.

Not sure where you're seeing this, but if it's really 4995 to insta-level to 50, it's pretty doubtful more than a tiny percentage will buy it for even one character, let alone several. It costs more than the expansion does.

Khafar

Quote Originally Posted by Khafar View Post
    Not sure where you're seeing this, but if it's really 4995 to insta-level to 50, it's pretty doubtful more than a tiny percentage will buy it for even one character, let alone several. It costs more than the expansion does.

Khafar
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiVz5EwXFBg

You can clearly see 4,995 in video.

Quote Originally Posted by Melunielsigh View Post
    This is exactly why I'm okay with this item. Threads asking for either auto-levelling or more permanent global XP boosts are popping up on a pretty regular basis lately, so there does seem to be a demand for this kind of service. I'd rather the people who wish to skip the SoA content can buy the priviledge in the Store than that Turbine adjust the levelling curve once more and force everyone to level faster or buy XP disablers.

The only things I hope this is tied to is that at least one character on an account has been levelled to 50 the traditional way before this item becomes available in the Store for that account. That way, people get aquainted with low-level mechanics and the game in general before they start skipping stuff.
    German, female, migrated from CodeMasters in 2011, Premium member, slow-leveller, pure PvEer and opposed to Forced Emotes - wherever I fit into the statistic, it's not in its middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyelir View Post
    I'd rather the people who wish to skip the SoA content can buy the priviledge in the Store than that Turbine adjust the levelling curve once more and force everyone to level faster or buy XP disablers.

The only things I hope this is tied to is that at least one character on an account has been levelled to 50 the traditional way before this item becomes available in the Store for that account. That way, people get aquainted with low-level mechanics and the game in general before they start skipping stuff.
    I don't like the idea in general, but I have to agree with you on these 2 points.

The part I don't like, is that you get a character of level 50, get a bunch of new skills you have no idea of what they are doing (if you haven't played the class before or seen it in action many times before) and with that get a bunch of class deeds at the same time. To me that would feel like too much to start out with if you really want to understand the class.
    [center][URL=http://s1170.photobucket.com/user/Glohir/media/99b92620-47a6-43d6-8b52-1ff43a173a35_zpsz90debot.png.html][IMG]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r524/Glohir/99b92620-47a6-43d6-8b52-1ff43a173a35_zpsz90debot.png[/IMG][/URL][/center]

^As long as you invest time into the game, no matter how many information explodes at once, you will eventually learn the rope.

I remember when I play an private server of Lineage 2, there are people who offer "power-leveling", meaning that they will party a low level character and grind it up to the required level and get payment from the owner of that lowbie. Who cares if the owner of that character never play the class before? As long as he interests in playing that class, he will eventually know how it work, and even master it as fine as people who start the class from scratch.

The only benefits from this power-level is that it cut down the level-grinding time by a half and provides some minor advantages that can easily made up by spending time. That's it. I don't see how it can actually break the game.
    Last edited by TKH; Nov 06 2013 at 05:12 AM.

Hmm not terribly bothered about that, in fact after having nearly 5 85s now i might pay to get a class i don't like at lower levels up to 85(Hello Captain!) to try it out there.

50 is neither here nor there though. I don't believe most new players would like to skip up to 50 and i personally if i pay for levels i want full service :P.
    Nothing here matters.

It can already take around a week to get to level 50, with the bonus that people get at least a few minutes between level-ups to focus on the new skill they just got and how it fits into play. To just drop it all on a player will only lead to confusion.

But then with the new trait trees, maybe not. Maybe it's all so simplistic now that you can stumble in at 50 with no real penalty.

I still don't like it. I come from an MMO age where auto-anything was considered botting and cheating, and while games have moved on, I still think some things are sacred. You want to be level 50, you level to level 50. I also think it's criminal to miss some of the best areas in the game, and Volume 1's story.
    'A cage,' she said. 'To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.'

While I personally don't agree with the idea of insta-levelling, there is a demand for this item. If it raises more money for development, that's not a bad thing.

As the level cap continues to rise each year, it can be increasingly off-putting to potential new customers ("OMG! I need to reach level 95 to get to endgame?!").

As it is, it's still only an insta level for the first half of the game. The player will still need to play (and thus learn) their class in the remaining half of the game. They can't just insta-level to cap and not have a clue how their class works.

Also consider that the new class system actually allows for this to work. Instead of suddenly being overwhelmed by 30+ new skills, they'll start with the defaults plus any level-granted skills, and then can slowly spend the points they received from leveling in order to observe the difference before and after investing in a certain trait. Essentially like jumping a few levels at a time under the old system and learning each new skill as it comes.

The only people who will buy it anyway will be the really rich AND really lazy people.
    Leader of The Rangers of Eriador

I find this a good thing....

This item is mostly for power levelers that already spend cash for xp boosts and other stuff...
    The game is almost 7 years old now and some players just dont want to run through the same content over and over again just so they can play a new class at level 95....
    New players will want to expirience the game so this is not intended for them... those that just like leveling different chars also wont be buying this...
    From lvl 50 to 95 there is plenty of levels.... You have time to learn the class...

All in all, a very positive thing even though the price is a bit too high...

Oh and there are some good videos on the channel....
    [CENTER][URL="http://postimage.org/"][IMG]http://s5.postimg.org/oiz5srzbr/download_1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[COLOR=#ffffff][I][B]Only fools and dead men never change their mind[/B][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

It's not expensive at all. Just the granted Tier 4 on all virtues makes up for the 5.000 TP. If I remember correctly, each virtue tier costs 300 TP in the store on live. Just buying 4 tiers for 5 virtues exceeds the cost of the 5.000 TP (300x4x5 = 6.000). Add the cost for 5 100% xp tomes, 25 mithril coins and it's already a really good deal. Not to mention that 5.000 TP is about the price you pay for the Eriador's quest packs bundle.

As to the levelling itself, I don't see why not. Sure, the content from 1 to 50 is pretty much amazing (I've done it 8 times so far and never got bored) but if you are a new player who wants to reach level cap fast or someone who wants to level his alt and doesn't like the content it's a nice alternative. About learning your class I wouldn't be so negative. 45 levels (50 to 95) are more than enough to do so (and work on your class deeds).

On a sidenote, there was a similar item in Riders of Rohan (or was it in the Rise of Isengard?) beta but never made it to live (I think it was up to lvl 20 though and not 50, but can't remember exactly).
    ~ On Evernight [EN] since September '15 .~
    Fideldir (Elf Hunter) , Nenuiale (Elf Lore-master) , Dolenu (Elf Minstrel)
    ~ Formerly of Gilrain [EN] since August '07. ~

even thouhg i don't wanna spend the money on it, it simply is too much for me, but i would love to buy it, having lvl-ed numerous alts i would appreciate not having to do the whole eriador thingy again...
    Flixxer - Hunter - Imladris - 100 R7 ---- Danielleth - Minstrel - Imladris - 22
    Zaireth - Rune-keeper - Imladris - 73 -- Ariannasophia - Warden - Imladris - 14
    Flixxer - Champion - Eldar - 54

It's difficult for me to understand why people so much want to rush to level cap, it's like playing any other game, but only wanting to play the second half of the game.
    To each their own, I guess.

Myself I have 9 characters, one of each class, 3 of them are level capped. Every class is a new experience, and I enjoy playing them all.

5k TP? It's not very good offer IMHO. Leveling to 50lvl is fast enough. Problem is that leveling speed is going down around lvl 50. However I like Moria/Lothlorien I really don't want to start at that point. I guess that leveling to lvl50 takes about 1/3 time of leveling 50-85.
    Maybe, just maybe I would consider that if it provides instantly end-level 95 class for instance-beating-purposes.
    Elves - Dusreth (HNT106), Dusriel (RK105), Dusaran (WRD70), Dusraen (LM56), Dusador (GRD44),
    Mortals - Dusgar (CPT36), ...
    Laurelin server

Quote Originally Posted by Melunielsigh;6986875

Pathetic...
    I fail to understand you question. The point of levelling is exactly what it has always been - to enjoy the game and experience the quests and landscape.

If someone wants to pay 4995 TP to instantly reach level 50, then that is their loss, and I don't just mean the TP. Personally, I would say that it is a ridiculous thing to do. However, there seem to be enough deluded idiots whose only goal is to rush to the level cap as fast as possible, and if they wish to subsidise the rest of us by paying outrageous prices for the privilege, I for one am happy to let them do so.

The really interesting question, is how much could you sell an "instant level from 85 to 95" for, and how many people would buy it. Given that every expension there are a few folk whose goal is to be able to post that have reached the level cap in just a few hours, I suspect that there might be a few takers for such a ludicrous thing.
    TANSTAAFL

I don't care for it, but I can understand that people want the feature and I cannot blame Turbine for recognizing the demand. Don't like it at all, but I do see their point of view.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Like some of you, I personally don't care for it and wouldn't buy it. But I can understand if a new player or a vet with alot of alts would want to skip the lower level content in favor of starting at a higher level to reach the level cap faster. At least they're playing the game.

I'm confused as to why one would assume that someone with an autoleveled character would not know how to play a class. The vet with alot of alts would almost certainly be familiar with his class. And many newbies are fast learners.
    [IMG]http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy87/Torgeau/sig-lotro_zpsf040a784.jpg[/IMG]
    -[B]Fence Sitter of Eriador[/B]-
    "[I]All the things I really like to do are either immoral, illegal or fattening.[/I]" - Alexander Woollcott

xp disablers?

i read something here about XP Disablers.. Is that a real thing? Why would someone want to disable thier XP?
    If you outlevel a region you can still do the quests and not get xp for it since its grey, right?

Lol, that is for Beta only.....
    Really? Honestly?
    Sabian- Hunter85
    All warfare is based on deception

I think items like this are overdue. I'm not sure I could personally justify the expense, but as time goes on the intro leveling game is mostly irrelevant for gameplay. They want new players to join their friends, old players to skip some tedium, and generally anything in between. We are a decade past where leveling is considered a goal to achieve and into the era where end game is all that matters.

I'm glad Turbine are savvy enough to recognize there needs to be some concession and I think they chose a sweet spot. It's not like you can pay to get a max level character, you just skip the initial 7 year old content. I see no problems with this at all. I commend them.
    BAD WOLF

Lightbulb

If someone is too lazy to level up a character to 50 (* that is already too easy), make them pay big bucks to level up, rip them up! 5K TP is too cheap make it 10k TP to level to 50 & +10K TP for each 10 levels after 50. People will have to pay 50K TP to reach level 95 if they don't want to earn the level the right way!

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

I've got a friend who might buy this. She's a Tolkien fan who is not interested in playing an online game. She'd just like to explore the world that Turbine built. A level 50 character would let her explore a lot of the SoA content on her own without having to fight all the mobs. What she'd really like is a Tourist class that can go explore everywhere and see stuff without interacting.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

I am pretty OK with this.

Price is about right and if people like to bypass great parts of the game so be it (their loss in my eyes).
    Nothing i would ever consider buying but for people who play lotro for PVMP only this is probably appreciated.
    I cannot think of people buying this to reach endgame faster (with the current state of endgame and its loot distribution system and grind and farming) but there are probably a couple as well.

I do not think that not knowing how to play will be an issue especially with the class revamps coming and toned down number of skills.
    Most of us will have to relearn the classes to quite an extent anyway and if you autolevel to 50 you still have ways to go the reach level cap anyway.

And again not knowing the class for group play is very much dependent on the role you take on anyway: if I play a mini during landscape content I will be specced in the red tree all the time. Switching to blue will be like playing a new class. Same goes for tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Melunielsigh View Post

Pathetic...

But no.

Greed is ugly thing. Perhaps most devs are dwarves? :P

SRS.
    and this affects you how?

Think about the why..

5k TP for a new player to level to 50 and have very little content to do require additional purchases, this equals money in the bank.
    5k TP for an older player who doesn't wish to grind the first 43 levels over and over to level to 50 is still extra money in the bank where previously there was none.

Just my opinion
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast