We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohi View Post
    I really haven't used housing chests that much anymore since I expanded shared storage space. More convenient to visit a vault than to head back home. So I mostly just keep seasonal housing items in one, and some untouched crafting mats in the other.
    I totally agree and think Shared Storage is much more valuable than chest space in your house. I do the same, just seasonal things and house furniture/yard items in the house chest(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    This is a lot of inflation. Pretend I'm a new player.; Buying my 60 slots of housing storage costs me 600silver on Novemember 17th. On November 18th when Helms Deep goes live those same 60 slots cost me 156g.

That's 260 TIMES more. ;

Its not like suddenly we're going to be generating 260 times more gold at level 15.
    True, but people don't really need max storage at lvl 15. It's affordable at higher levels, though. Inflation has been massive, based on stories I hear. I'm a new player, I started playing this game slightly over a month ago. I think even for a new player getting a house and the first two chest upgrades (~7g total) is more than affordable. A stack of copper ore costs 5-10g, depending on server. Scholar mats, drops. I think I had around 20-30g by lvl 20 and over 100 by lvl 30. Doing nothing special, just putting drops into AH, selling mats, opening a few boxes and selling XP and deed scrolls since they cost a fortune. I give part of the teal gear from boxes to kinmates, and I bought rep items and some gear, so it's not like i'm trying to save. Gold just comes easily. I realise it was different in the past (based on what other people told me), but it's not hard anymore.

I think it's good that Turbine is putting more ways to spend gold into game. It will help battle inflation.

That said, I sympathize with the people who don't want to spend any time on Auction House. So they end up selling their drops to vendors for a few coppers, when they cost golds in AH. And then they can't afford things.
    Last edited by Geldeger; Nov 12 2013 at 06:37 PM.

3. Maybe I missed it somewhere but will we still be able to grant house chest access to characters on other accounts (2nd accounts/friends/etc).

That's the only thing I can think of that would make housing storage more valuable than just buying more shared storage for less.
    [FONT=Ariel Unicode MS][COLOR=violet]?[/COLOR]ª"˜¨¨[COLOR=dodgerblue]?[/COLOR]ª"˜¨¨ ¯ ¯¨¨˜ª¤.¸`*•.¸*•¸[COLOR=darkorchid]?[/COLOR][SIZE="1"]?[/SIZE][COLOR=lightgreen]?[/COLOR] [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR=orchid]LOTRO[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][COLOR=lightgreen]?[/COLOR][SIZE="1"]?[/SIZE][COLOR=darkorchid]?[/COLOR]¸•*¸.•*´¸.¤ª˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜"ª[COLOR=dodgerblue]?[/COLOR]¨¨˜"ª[COLOR=violet]?[/COLOR][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Geldeger View Post
    True, but people don't really need max storage at lvl 15. It's affordable at higher levels, though.
    I would dispute the "affordable". Yes there are some players at 85 with more money than they know what to do with, but I know some 85s who don't even have 156g.

I would dispute the "affordable". Yes there are some players at 85 with more money than they know what to do with, but I know some 85s who don't even have 156g.
    Well, I don't "have" much gold either because I don't see any need to have much gold so far. When I have more than a few hundreds I end up wasting it on something in AH, or the last few days i bought a lot of keys and boxes and ended up giving much of the content to kinnies. But it's easy enough to get that much gold at higher levels.

If "affordable" means that anyone can spend that much without any effort and regardless of their shopping sprees... well, that sounds synonymous to "free."

And maybe bank should be free, it's a fair discussion. But I don't see anything wrong with it requiring a little bit of time and effort. I like to have something to look forward to. Those old prices are tuned to old gold value; I'm told there was a time when 10g was rich, and when most people couldn't afford to buy the mount in Bree so they would spend hours killing those signature trolls in the Lone Lands because they dropped 10 silvers each. Inflation has been massive in the game, and they are adjusting, which I think is good.

My main alt reached 3000 gold by level 45 or so (buying and selling Resources mainly). More gold sinks are definitely needed in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyFunker View Post
    My main alt reached 3000 gold by level 45 or so (buying and selling Resources mainly). More gold sinks are definitely needed in the game.
    You are a rare player. Most people I know have less than 200g on their entire account with multiple characters at varied level ranges.

Vast majority of players are not playing the auction house game. No way will you have earned 3000 gold by doing quests and deeds and such at level 45. You only get that much money because there are many excessively rich players at max level. They're bored, money to burn, and they will overpay on basic items. Overall this can actually hurt the newer players who have absolutely no chance to afford low and mid level items (and I've been in games where this hurt the economy badly, to the point that no one wanted to keep resources or craft for their own uses but felt compelled to sell them for the gold).

While the idea of amassing 3000g at 45 is amusing, most are not going to play the Auction House game and choose instead to play LotRO the mmorpg. I have yet to have an alt that was a crafter actually finish out a crafting tier from mats farmed while questing before out levelling the area and have always needed to return and farm mats for finishing out the tier and more for crafting later. The idea of having extra ore, wood or scholar mats to sell on the AH is a rather foreign one to me as on the rare occasion I have anything I don't need someone in my kin does. The only time I had extra mats to sell on the AH was skarn during RoI and Riddermark ore during RoR from the never ending search for Rhi Sigils and Tarnished Crests for guild crafting and those tended to have very low prices in the AH as it was flooded by people doing the same as I.

As for LotRO needing a money sink for end game players, the game already has a massive gold sink that is the LI relic system. A system that has been the bane of low gold players in RoR that wanted decent 85 LIs and is expected to balloon again with HD. Having personally spent hundreds of gold outfitting level cap LIs on multiple characters I wish the inflation would be reigned in. The biggest cause of the inflation is of course the end game grind for gear which will start anew shortly much to my pleasure and dismay.

On the topic of housing chests I really like the idea of more storage, but dislike the one chest to rule them all. The only reason people usually see all the cool decor in our kin house is they go from chest to chest looking for thing to take and space to drop off. With only one chest most of the kin house can be conveniently avoided and no longer serves a purpose other than visible decoration storage. The new costs are rather steep compared with current costs and I am thankful I am an established player and don't have to spend stupid amounts of gold for such little space that is used to store things I would likely otherwise just make a new alt to store. I hope that the original poster in this thread is way off in the guesstimate of kin house storage costs for 75 and 90 slots as those are definitely stupid amounts.

just my two coppers, take it for what its worth.

Level 45 isn't the pertinent part. It's how long it took in game, to the exclusion of all else. And if it's true, definitely not even close to the norm. Most people don't play to be gold farmers.
    I7-950, Sabertooth X58, 6950, 840SSD (250gig), 6gb ram, 1920x1200 28i, Win 8

Quote Originally Posted by daneyul View Post
    Level 45 isn't the pertinent part. It's how long it took in game, to the exclusion of all else. And if it's true, definitely not even close to the norm. Most people don't play to be gold farmers.
    The character was a crafting alt who occasionally adventured, so hitting 45 took maybe 4 months of real time passing (during which most sessions were spent on main). I guess spending 5 minutes checking the AH and understanding basic supply and demand is "gold farming" now.

Petty insults aside, the amount of gold in circulation is too high for the prices to ever come down without more ways for level cap players to spend. LI's are one sink, but not nearly enough unless the character in question is bringing in zero income for some reason (destroying vendor trash? Not killing mobs?) Increasing housing costs is a step in the right direction, though as a one time only expenditure, it won't have much effect in the long run.
    Last edited by MonkeyFunker; Nov 14 2013 at 08:43 AM.

Petty insults aside, the amount of gold in circulation is too high for the prices to ever come down without more ways for level cap players to spend. LI's are one sink, but not nearly enough unless the character in question is bringing in zero income for some reason (destroying vendor trash? Not killing mobs?) Increasing housing costs is a step in the right direction, though as a one time only expenditure, it won't have much effect in the long run.
    Yep. There is too much free and almost unlimited income (oh, another bounty), and the gold sinks to counter that don't scale as much in quantity, frequency and magnitude. Relic services are one of the few sinks that is actually noticable, but for every relic you earn in instances that could trigger a combine/meld action you're also getting a bounty that is only good for vendoring. The only other sink on a possibly similar level are AH fees, and those only really matter in rare high-value transactions and can be avoided by direct trade anyway. Other sinks (repairs, bard fees, poitions, travel fees, ...) are hardly anything but noise to many players these days.
    The new housing costs will drain a little money from the economy for a few days, but without recurring costs that scale with available income it won't have a lasting effect on the overall economy.

Btw, I too think the cost increase for chest upgrades is silly even though I'd barely notice it even if I had to rebuy everything. And I've never specifically farmed for gold, it's the bounties, task items, crafting materials and other landscape drops that I got from playing the content. Ok, and selling some redundant stuff on the AH, while not really having anything to spend gold for. Not saying that this is the norm, but it applies to a significant number of players.

The only realistic fix to the economy is a (surprise) currency conversion and a coupling of income rates to gold sinks in some way. Neither would be easy or well received by the community.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

Someone pointed out that it makes it impossible for Free players to acquire more than 15 slots of housing storage without upgrading to Premium or removing the Gold cap on their own, unlike now where they could get up to 60 slots within their cap.

It's effectively taking something else away from free players. ; Premium players as well (because the new prices are over the 5g limit!)
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    It's effectively taking something else away from free players.
    This is definitely a valid point. Complete F2P players already get a double whammy: ridiculously low currency cap that gets increasingly bad as inflation goes on, and once that is dealt with, no AH slots to allow them to sell Resources. I would say that this is the only group that is affected in any real way by inflation, but it is crippling for them.

I just hope that I am not forced to re-buy my storage to have access to it, or lose any of my existing space. Also, if it's going down to one chest per house, will we have the spaces the other chests were in to put some decorations in?
    Happy homeowner on Landroval and Laurelin!

Quote Originally Posted by Redclock View Post
    ...but dislike the one chest to rule them all.
    I saw what you did there

I agree, prices are crazy (I am premium but with currency cap removed and 15 slots in AH which I find sufficient)...

The house storage to a new F2P is as important as the vault (the advantage is you can hop directly to it from anywhere )

With the changes as described it will be crippling for them...
    [center][color=darkgrey]WINDFOLA: [color=seablue][b]Tsuhelm[/b] Hunter lv62[/color] LANDROVAL: [color=orange][b]Tsudryt[/b] Captain lv62 [/color]LAURELIN: [color=green][b]Opopa[/b] Burgler lv22[/color] WITHYWINDLE: [color=purple][b]Tsukuld[/b] Rune-keeper lv85[/color][/color]
    [img]http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3731/9473649054_8171aa49c4_m.jpg[/img]
    [url=http://tsuhelm.wordpress.com/][color=black]WP blog: Tsuhelm[/color][/url][/center]

I've been gone a long time; but housing storage really became tertiary once shared storage came out...accessible from any vault in M.E. vs having to port home to use housing. This is from an 'altoholic's perspective'.

Inflation was a given I suppose.

I was actually hoping for new areas to be opened... something for vets vs newbie areas only; but hey! I just started trying to catch up on being gone for... 8 months or was it a year? It's been darn long time.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001c136d/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Valamar View Post
    ??? The tool tip pop-up states:

And yes, previously purchased space is carried over.
    Does it mean that if I have Deluxe house with 60 slots for stuff, I would keep them for no additional purchase?
    Also, does it mean if I want to have +15 slots in this situation, I pay with mithril coins only?

After HD went live, I went to my deluxe house and the UI told me it was 200 Mithril Coins to upgrade to the next storage level, not 100. What prices are you seeing?
    --= Windy Acres Ranch -- http://SteelAndMagic.com =--

Quote Originally Posted by XinaLotRO View Post
    After HD went live, I went to my deluxe house and the UI told me it was 200 Mithril Coins to upgrade to the next storage level, not 100. What prices are you seeing?
    100 Mithril Coins on my Deluxe to go from my current 60 spaces.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

For those who are fainting at the new housing storage costs, here is a thread that might interest you:
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...orage-Upgrades
    --= Windy Acres Ranch -- http://SteelAndMagic.com =--

They're bored, money to burn, and they will overpay on basic items. Overall this can actually hurt the newer players who have absolutely no chance to afford low and mid level items .
    I see the opposite - just about any low level character can gather 100 low level logs/ore and sell it very quickly on the AH. Of course they have to be aware of it and such but in a few experiments I have done on Firefoot I have been amazed at what people are willing to spend on resources that I can get in about 15 minutes of scooting around low level areas.

First time I posted 100 medium hides they were gone before I turned and left the AH - made me wonder if there was a BOT in action or something.

Housing Chest Storage Space being retained over house moving/eviction is currently in question again. Someone on Live is reporting they moved houses and did not keep their housing storage space. I have added a note in the OP about this.

Quote Originally Posted by PKCrichton View Post
    Housing Chest Storage Space being retained over house moving/eviction is currently in question again. Someone on Live is reporting they moved houses and did not keep their housing storage space. I have added a note in the OP about this.
    Yeah, I had a standard house with a storage chest (30 spaces IIRC) and was evicted (fair enough as I was away from the game for 2½ years). Yesterday I purchased another house: the stuff left in the storage chest back when was still there, but after emptying the chest no storage is available in it unless I purchase some.

Is this a bug? Should I file a ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by Tulipan View Post
    Yeah, I had a standard house with a storage chest (30 spaces IIRC) and was evicted (fair enough as I was away from the game for 2½ years). Yesterday I purchased another house: the stuff left in the storage chest back when was still there, but after emptying the chest no storage is available in it unless I purchase some.

Is this a bug? Should I file a ticket?
    In your case its not a bug. Its 'new' abandoned houses and eviction after the HD release. You were evicted from your house about 3 months or so ago if I recall the timing correctly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast