We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    With two types of ore it was a hassle getting the right mix. I always ended up with way too much of one type. When I mine, I would end up getting even further out of balance.

It never made any sense that tier 6 had four kinds of ore, two kinds of hides and two kinds of wood. It seemed like Turbine thought about creating two crafting tiers decided latter on that there would only be tier 6 instead of tier 6 and tier 7.
    IIRC, that's more or less what happened. Siege of Mirkwood didn't add a new crafting tier (T7 is Westfold, from Rise of Isengard). I don't know if Mallorn was added then or if it was already present with Moria (I tried to research this, but info from circa 2008 is unfortunately hard to find), but basically Supreme crafting was the top tier through two expansions.
    [b][SIZE=3][COLOR="#FFFFFF"]Cainwen Ciaphas[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b][COLOR="#C3C3C3"], Captain of Crickhollow, [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Literature/CiaphasCain]HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH[/url]!!!
    [i]I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered![/i] My opinions are my own![/color]

Quote Originally Posted by PKCrichton View Post
    -- Large Westfold = 4,200 points x 4
    -- Small Eastemnet = 800 points x 16
    -- Medium Eastemnet = 2,400 points x 13
    -- Large Eastemnet = 4,800 points x 32
    -- Small Westemnet = 900 points
    -- Medium Westemnet = 2,700 points
    -- Large Westemnet = 5,400 points
    As of now, I have so many emblems I could fill the bar ... twice. I still even have Large Westfold form last year when I leveled my Guild rep up. Turbine can lower it even more if they want, I will only bother their new clients, not the carefull old one.

Yes the component recipes for Armorsmith and Tailor have been removed.
    Also Weaponsmith and I assume Woodworker.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    With two types of ore it was a hassle getting the right mix. I always ended up with way too much of one type. When I mine, I would end up getting even further out of balance.

It never made any sense that tier 6 had four kinds of ore, two kinds of hides and two kinds of wood. It seemed like Turbine thought about creating two crafting tiers decided latter on that there would only be tier 6 instead of tier 6 and tier 7.
    Given how many professions got hit with the double guild X item with two level ranges of product (cooks and especially scholars), they did this more than just for T6.

So for anyone who did a character copy, what happened to the components you had made before that maybe you had on that character when you got copied? Did they just vanish? One of my kins has crafting houses where we store components for quick crafting, and now I'm wondering what's going to happen to all of those components. If the stuff just vanishes, that's an awful lot of materials down the drain.

Really not looking forward to this launch. *sigh* I want to be, but just too many changes all at once.

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmanthief View Post
    If that is the case, what about:

Copper/used to be Tin= 2 node types, Rowan= 1 type

Barrow-Iron/Silver= 2 node types, Ash= 1 type

Rich-Iron/Gold= 2 node Types, Yew= 1 type

Dwarf-Iron/Platinum= 2 node types, Lebethron= 1 type

Ancient-Iron/Ancient Silver= 2 node types, Black Ash=1 node type

these all make sense except for the first ?

I assume then that K tin is now a supplier thing too, tbh the whole idea of going from Ancient Iron/Ancient Steel to a Bronze weapon regardless of it being of the Khazad variety was absurd.

Why even bother with K bronze at all, make the nodes give K gold and K iron and make the early weapon recipies be K iron weapons and make the 56 and 58 weps from K steel.
    It makes sense, because at t1, copper is used for jewelry, for the rest of the tiers, platnium, silver, gold, etc are used by jewelers, while the one's in front of the "/" are metalsmith-weaponsmith.

Look at it like this:

t2 and up:
    Metalsmith&Weaponsmith/Jeweler
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

A place where cotton grows and oil flows.

Where do any unassembled components go?

Very interested in what happens to any components (like blades, hilts, hafts, bowstaffs, bindings, pads, braces, guards, etc.) we have in hand once HD comes on-line - do they disappear, need to be vendored, convert back (to ingots, planks, hides, etc.) or what? Happens as I have a good inventory of various tailor components in hand just now, and it looks like I need to do Something with them Real Soon Now...
    Be well and good questing, all! See you about Middle Earth another time!

Quote Originally Posted by Boskone08 View Post
    Very interested in what happens to any components (like blades, hilts, hafts, bowstaffs, bindings, pads, braces, guards, etc.) we have in hand once HD comes on-line - do they disappear, need to be vendored, convert back (to ingots, planks, hides, etc.) or what? Happens as I have a good inventory of various tailor components in hand just now, and it looks like I need to do Something with them Real Soon Now...
    Yes, I also have this question. I have a vault-full of things like Westernesse Steel, Elf-Steel and Mithril-infused Khazad-gold. What's going to happen to all of that? Would hate for all that trouble, time, and expense to just disappear.
    Galadhloth, Hunter 100, Glirithil, Mini 100, Calanor, LM 100
    Lots and lots of alts
    ~~~~ Watchers of Elendil ~
    ~~~~ Landroval ~ Crickhollow ~
    ~~~~ Imladris in the Forgotten West ~

Quote Originally Posted by Boskone08 View Post
    Any components you have made will still be there. You will be able to sell them to a vendor or break them back down into the different crafting materials via auto-granted recipes located in your crafting panel under Obsolete Item Conversion.

A place where cotton grows and oil flows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayvan View Post
    Any components you have made will still be there. You will be able to sell them to a vendor or break them back down into the different crafting materials via auto-granted recipes located in your crafting panel under Obsolete Item Conversion.
    Thank you very much for the information, Ayvan!
    Be well and good questing, all! See you about Middle Earth another time!

With it taking a lot less resources to level a craft, it also means you will more quickly get to a higher tier and be able to make higher tier guild recipes. As long as you have one toon high enough to gather what you need, or you don't mind buying resources from the AH, then you might find guild rep to be no big deal simply because you can more quickly do the higher level guild rep items which give more rep.

Having a few toons already at current level cap and at crafting level cap, I'll give this new set up a fair shake, but be warned somebody will buy Tin or K Tin from a supplier in large quantities and put it up for sale in the AH.

Much as I've seen people do with the various Outfits, I mean the Hauberks that can be gotten from Outfitters in the starter regions.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Ayvan View Post
    What is the conversion rate? Original -e.g.- ingot vs blade or with 2x loss as in "processing" or what? TIA

Sienna...overlooked? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    Noticed anything else accidentally missing during test?

And: Thanks for information!

I have enjoyed the placeholder thing with ore nodes, has been reasonably nice first week of gameplay to learn about the functions. I will miss it briefly.

EDIT Needing less hides ore wood for craft tier makes me a little bit angry on behalf of the newer gamers on servers who will find it pretty hard to sell stuff gathered but HEY I don't need that stuff nor the cash myself, no loss.
    Last edited by Macroscian; Nov 10 2013 at 03:19 PM.

Absolutely LOVE these crafting simplification changes. LOVE it.

Crafting is so majorly time consuming. It's simply a means to an end and not the end at all. As someone who is a true craftoholic, with 9 guilded toons, the crafting simplifications will make my game time much less about grind and much more about enjoying what i have built up.

TYSM for this.

Please simplify the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Urwendil View Post
    What is the conversion rate? Original -e.g.- ingot vs blade or with 2x loss as in "processing" or what? TIA
    The conversion rate was the original. For instance for tier 1 weaponsmith bronze blades could be turned back into 2 bronze ingots which is exactly the amount of bronze ingots on live it takes to make a bronze blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohankuten View Post
    The conversion rate was the original. For instance for tier 1 weaponsmith bronze blades could be turned back into 2 bronze ingots which is exactly the amount of bronze ingots on live it takes to make a bronze blade.

That's good news, thanks

>It never made any sense that tier 6 had four kinds of ore, two kinds of hides and two kinds of wood. It seemed like Turbine thought about creating two crafting tiers decided latter on that there would only be tier 6 instead of tier 6 and tier 7.

The further a crafting process in any game moves from reality, the more stupid it is. It doesn't make any sense that you can make bronze from only copper ore, either. The farming "improvements" where we have generic seeds to make anything you want were arguably the most inane innovation ever seen in a game with crafting. Every time that they've gone to try to "refine" the crafting process they've only made it more immersion-breaking, more removed from reality, and more into a *meaningless* grind. Now we have *skarn* khazad ore that we can refine into gold or iron or...oh it's just too absurd to contemplate.

I'd give anything to be able to play in T'Rain instead of the mashed up poorly conceived and implemented economies and crafting that we are forced to tolerate in order to be able to play games in venues that we enjoy.

And of course the reduction in guild rates is designed to try to force people to use rep accelerators.

Quote Originally Posted by Winnower View Post
    And of course the reduction in guild rates is designed to try to force people to use rep accelerators.
    I would submit that the reverse is far more likely. The widespread use of cheap rep accelerators from the skirmish camp made guild leveling far faster than was ever intended. That, in turn, forced the adjustment, which makes those who were not previously using accelerators cry "MONEY GRAB!", and those who already were using accelerators say "Ahh, shucks, not gonna be silly-fast now."

Personally, I'd prefer they'd left the rep values alone and simply flagged guild rep as "Unable to be accelerated".
    [IMG]http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/8875/e71n.jpg[/IMG]
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Comic Sans MS][B][COLOR=Lime]Borillar ([SIZE=2]8[/SIZE]5 Minstrel) Mappin (85 RK) - Askew ([SIZE=2]8[/SIZE]5 Warden) - Grimmand ([SIZE=2]85[/SIZE] Captain)
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Jehannum (Rank 9 Weaver)
    [/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]

Tier 6 hides have been condensed to Magnificent only.
    -- An Extraordinary Hide is now an Aged Extraordinary Hide and can be used to make Brushed Extraordinary Leather.
    Can I please ask a question if it is ok?

Im a new player, Ive got my hunter (yeah I know but after reading up they got travel skills which swung it) almost to level cap, not sure if I will get to 85 by Helms Deep release.

Anyway, Ive gone overboard with my crafting, and have alts levelling each for the crafting guild, being fed by my Explorer Hunter. Now, all the Ore and Wood crafts Ive sorted easily with an Easenmet (spelling??) master crafter in Jeweller, Weaponsmith, Cook, Metalsmith and Woodworker. My trouble is the hides for my Tailor in the supreme range and the processing will solve this.

I want to grind the mats ready to go in a week so that I am not behind on release......long story short is do I want to be getting Magnificent or Extraordinary Hides for the processing? As in, if I get Extraordinary, will they be able to be processed or is it just Magnificent

Oh and is 10pts one way and 10pts the other for each tier with processing?

ta in advance

Mav

Quote Originally Posted by Mavver View Post
    long story short is do I want to be getting Magnificent or Extraordinary Hides for the processing? As in, if I get Extraordinary, will they be able to be processed or is it just Magnificent
    When making crafting changes like this, they have always provided a way to either convert obsolete materials that you already have into the new version, or having versioned recipes that use the obsolete version. So I would very comfortably say you can farm either one, or both, and be able to use them all after release.
    [IMG]http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/8875/e71n.jpg[/IMG]
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Comic Sans MS][B][COLOR=Lime]Borillar ([SIZE=2]8[/SIZE]5 Minstrel) Mappin (85 RK) - Askew ([SIZE=2]8[/SIZE]5 Warden) - Grimmand ([SIZE=2]85[/SIZE] Captain)
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Jehannum (Rank 9 Weaver)
    [/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]

How is cooking affected by the changes for components? No more bunch of turnip -> bowl of stewed turnip -> bowl of mashed turnip -> use in food? Or did this not get touched by the wave of change?

Its amazing that they reduce these crafts down to 1 mat but cooks still need about 80 to make all of the patterns and relics, where is the love for the cook or did I miss that cooks are getting some love also?

What will happen with bulk processing recipes? Auto converted, or will we need to buy new ones from the skirmish camp?

Quote Originally Posted by Winnower View Post
    The further a crafting process in any game moves from reality, the more stupid it is. It doesn't make any sense that you can make bronze from only copper ore, either. The farming "improvements" where we have generic seeds to make anything you want were arguably the most inane innovation ever seen in a game with crafting. Every time that they've gone to try to "refine" the crafting process they've only made it more immersion-breaking, more removed from reality, and more into a *meaningless* grind. Now we have *skarn* khazad ore that we can refine into gold or iron or...oh it's just too absurd to contemplate.

I'd give anything to be able to play in T'Rain instead of the mashed up poorly conceived and implemented economies and crafting that we are forced to tolerate in order to be able to play games in venues that we enjoy.

Skarns are often hosts for ore deposits of copper, zinc, lead, gold, iron and more, so there's nothing absurd about it.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Sou1forged View Post
    Skarns are often hosts for ore deposits of copper, zinc, lead, gold, iron and more, so there's nothing absurd about it.
    Dr Geologist here, thats true!! Although with so much skarn deposits AROUND Rohan, i would expect Granite instead of Riddermark Ore in East Rohan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast