We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Helm's Deep Crafting Changes

With NDA lifted here are a number of the crafting changes. In addition of Tier 9 Westemnet Crafting.

- Processing added to all tiers of Jeweler, Metalsmith, Woodworker, Weaponsmith, Tailor.
    - Tin has been removed from ore nodes it is now found on Suppliers.
    - Tier 6 ore has been condensed into Khazad Skarn Ore. From there it is processed to obtain K Iron, K Gold and K Copper.
    -- A Tin Ore is now a Piece of Copper-infused Ore.
    -- A Khazad-tin Ore is now a Piece of Khazad Metal.

- All lower level leather and wood forester recipes will now have a second processing step, similar to that in Tiers 7-9. The names have also been changed to be more consistent with those in the later tiers.
    - Tier 6 wood has been condensed into Ilex only.
    -- A Log of Mallorn Wood is now a Gnarled Ilex Branch that can be used to make Thin Ilex Planks.
    -- A Treated Mallorn Plank is now a Treated Ilex Wood that can be used to make Solid Ilex Planks.

- Tier 6 hides have been condensed to Magnificent only.
    -- An Extraordinary Hide is now an Aged Extraordinary Hide and can be used to make Brushed Extraordinary Leather.

- New reputation tier has been added to Guild requiring 90k.
    - All reputation emblems have had their values decreased.
    -- Small Expert = 300 points
    -- Medium Expert = 900 points
    -- Small Artisan = 400 points
    -- Medium Artisan = 1,200 points
    -- Small Master = 500 points
    -- Medium Master = 1,500 points
    -- Large Master = 3,000 points
    -- Small Supreme = 600 points
    -- Medium Supreme = 1,800 points
    -- Large Supreme = 3,600 points
    -- Small Westfold = 700 points
    -- Medium Westfold = 2,100 points
    -- Large Westfold = 4,200 points
    -- Small Eastemnet = 800 points
    -- Medium Eastemnet = 2,400 points
    -- Large Eastemnet = 4,800 points
    -- Small Westemnet = 900 points
    -- Medium Westemnet = 2,700 points
    -- Large Westemnet = 5,400 points

So that nonsense I read on here a week ago in regards to minimum levels for crafting tier's was exactly that; nonsense. That's a relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Drammall View Post
    So that nonsense I read on here a week ago in regards to minimum levels for crafting tier's was exactly that; nonsense. That's a relief.
    I don't ever recall seeing any changes placing minimum level on crafting. There are plenty of reputation requirements on the top end gear since you have to barter for the recipes but that has been the case since Lothlorien. Of course the exception to that is we have guild recipes that bypass all reputation other than your guild rep.

Quote Originally Posted by PKCrichton View Post
    - New reputation tier has been added to Guild requiring 90k.
    Turbine:

What reason is there for reducing the values of existing emblems? Why not simply tack the cost onto the new tier if you're concerned about how quickly we'll reach the new cap. Lengthening the existing process does nothing but frustrate existing players and look like a money grab for rep-accelerators.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Perhaps this is just another example of making sure we don't max out the next tier the day the xpack launches? Similar to the seal conversion they're planning? I'm not saying I agree with it, but does seem in line with their other approaches.
    Anawyne - 85 Warden, Iothelion - 69 Captain, Iothryth - 65 Minstral, Carawaru - 50s Champion
    [URL="http://docholidaymmo.com/"]DocHoliday[/URL] has blogged off/on mainly on Wardens

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Drammall View Post
    Yah, doomsday people where saying all sort of no sense about Helms Deep. Unfortunately the beta tester where hand tight to prove them wrong till the NDA got lifted. This is the same that happen every year on every expansion. It is always people that hate the game & only want it to be ruined &/or from rival companies. This is why you shouldn't beleive all the "LOTRO world is ending" prophecies but wait for official information.
    Is this Alternate Playable Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

PKCrichton

Helm's Deep Crafting Changes
    With NDA lifted here are a number of the crafting changes. In addition of Tier 9 Westemnet Crafting.

- Processing added to all tiers of Jeweler, Metalsmith, Woodworker, Weaponsmith, Tailor
    - Tin has been removed from ore nodes it is now found on Suppliers.
    - Tier 6 ore has been condensed into Khazad Skarn Ore. From there it is processed to obtain K Iron, K Gold and K Copper.
    -- A Tin Ore is now a Piece of Copper-infused Ore.
    -- A Khazad-tin Ore is now a Piece of Khazad Metal.
    - All lower level leather and wood forester recipes will now have a second processing step, similar to that in Tiers 7-9. The names have also been changed to be more consistent with those in the later tiers

- Tier 6 wood has been condensed into Ilex only
    -- A Log of Mallorn Wood is now a Gnarled Ilex Branch that can be used to make Thin Ilex Planks.
    -- A Treated Mallorn Plank is now a Treated Ilex Wood that can be used to make Solid Ilex Planks.
    - Tier 6 hides have been condensed to Magnificent only.
    -- An Extraordinary Hide is now an Aged Extraordinary Hide and can be used to make Brushed Extraordinary Leather.

I guess it was too much trouble to gather both types of ore or wood for some people, or was it that it "took up too much space in inventory bags" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Madmanthief View Post
    I guess it was too much trouble to gather both types of ore or wood for some people, or was it that it "took up too much space in inventory bags" ?
    Most got sick of having 4 types of ore, 2 types of hides and 2 types of wood for one tier... mind you scholars still have 4 types of ancient artifacts. Mostly though it is about the fact that you had 4 different ore nodes, 2 different wood nodes and hides that came from two different level ranges of mobs. Now its simplified so you can gather the resources anywhere for that level range of the tier.

Well with tin it was only ever used to make bronze there was not a single recipe anywhere that used tin itself to make something aside from combining it with copper to make bronze. So it made more sense for them to remove it entirely and place it in the vendors like with coal. As for the change to the rest of the khazad ores I can't comment on that as I don't know. For the t6 wood and hide it never made any sense to have another wood and hide type in the same tier when none of the previous tiers had that.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000279ada/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

PKCrichton

Originally Posted by Madmanthief

Most got sick of having 4 types of ore, 2 types of hides and 2 types of wood for one tier... mind you scholars still have 4 types of ancient artifacts. Mostly though it is about the fact that you had 4 different ore nodes, 2 different wood nodes and hides that came from two different level ranges of mobs. Now its simplified so you can gather the resources anywhere for that level range of the tier.

If that is the case, what about:

Copper/used to be Tin= 2 node types, Rowan= 1 type

Barrow-Iron/Silver= 2 node types, Ash= 1 type

Rich-Iron/Gold= 2 node Types, Yew= 1 type

Dwarf-Iron/Platinum= 2 node types, Lebethron= 1 type

Ancient-Iron/Ancient Silver= 2 node types, Black Ash=1 node type

these all make sense except for the first ?

I assume then that K tin is now a supplier thing too, tbh the whole idea of going from Ancient Iron/Ancient Steel to a Bronze weapon regardless of it being of the Khazad variety was absurd.

Why even bother with K bronze at all, make the nodes give K gold and K iron and make the early weapon recipies be K iron weapons and make the 56 and 58 weps from K steel.

I assume then that K tin is now a supplier thing too, tbh the whole idea of going from Ancient Iron/Ancient Steel to a Bronze weapon regardless of it being of the Khazad variety was absurd.

Why even bother with K bronze at all, make the nodes give K gold and K iron and make the early weapon recipies be K iron weapons and make the 56 and 58 weps from K steel.
    No other tier other than T6 has its resources broken up between level ranges as to where things dropped. That is the core reason behind this consolidation. And yes K Tin is on suppliers now. As for why not just consolidate it fully to K Iron/K Gold I don't know you'd have to ask Turbine as we are simply testing and relaying our findings.

And no more component recipes, is that true? Like, jewellers that never touch jewels, or what?

Oh atmosphere of middle earth, where have you gone...
    PyLotRO with Python 3.x support and bugfixes: [url]https://github.com/Lynx3d/pylotro[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx3d View Post
    And no more component recipes, is that true? Like, jewellers that never touch jewels, or what?

Oh atmosphere of middle earth, where have you gone...
    Yes the component recipes for Armorsmith and Tailor have been removed.

Wow, that's a real kick in the teeth to all new characters (new players or alts of veterans) and crafters who aren't long since maxed out. And it does nothing whatsoever to keep the rest of us from maxing our guild rep again the moment we log in after HD goes live either. I really don't understand why Turbine would do this...

Those of you in beta have my best wishes trying to get this idiocy fixed!

If they're dead set on changing how much guild rep we get, flattening the slope would be a more defensible idea. Lowbies get their rep faster than now from (say) t3-5 symbols; maxed out characters get less than we might expect from our piles of t7-8 symbols.

Why this?

The simplification situation (like components) doesn't really work for me either.

*goes to bury self with cooking ingredients for the remaining days*

the reduced reputation value on guild rep items is not a big deal since u can farm all the materials to make reputation items each day and i even said that in the thread it was not a big deal

Quote Originally Posted by Linet View Post
    Why this?

The simplification situation (like components) doesn't really work for me either.

*goes to bury self with cooking ingredients for the remaining days*
    They started doing this simplification ages ago they just finally got around to finishing it. Did it need to happen no.

With tin nodes gone, where does sienna drop from for dye making? Copper nodes?

Quote Originally Posted by eldora View Post
    With tin nodes gone, where does sienna drop from for dye making? Copper nodes?
    That's correct. (At least that's how it's intended to work. It was overlooked in an early build, and I haven't tested it again lately.)

I'm new to crafting so I can't see if theses changes are good or bad. Should I hurry up and start working on crafting now before Helm's Deep, or will it be better if I wait?
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Silmelin View Post
    I'm new to crafting so I can't see if theses changes are good or bad. Should I hurry up and start working on crafting now before Helm's Deep, or will it be better if I wait?

With HD, levelling your tiers will be easier (since they are adding processing recipes for all tiers, meaning that you need far less resources), but on the other hand Guild reputation items will give far less reputation, meaning that it will take far more time to level in your crafting guild.

So the one thing you could do if you are new to crafting, is to open at least Tier 3, join a guild, buy the Guild reputation recipes and craft those items every time the cooldown is expired. When possible, open up Tier 4 and so on. The further you get in your Guild before HD, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliahnus View Post
    With HD, levelling your tiers will be easier (since they are adding processing recipes for all tiers, meaning that you need far less resources), but on the other hand Guild reputation items will give far less reputation, meaning that it will take far more time to level in your crafting guild.

So the one thing you could do if you are new to crafting, is to open at least Tier 3, join a guild, buy the Guild reputation recipes and craft those items every time the cooldown is expired. When possible, open up Tier 4 and so on. The further you get in your Guild before HD, the better.
    Good idea, I'll do that

Thank you for the advice!
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Actually yes. Weapon/Metalsmith use one type of metal, Jewellers the other. On Tier 1 Jewellers needed copper only while Weapon/Metalsmiths needed bronze so both copper and tin, and using tin directly for smithing would have been a bit stupid (want to fight with tin-weapons?).
    Wood is only used by Woodworkers (ok, and Cooks, but lets ignore those) so irrelevant to the issue.

Personally I'd just have removed apprentice crafting completely, it's mostly useless these days.
    Last edited by Grimdi; Nov 06 2013 at 09:18 AM.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

With two types of ore it was a hassle getting the right mix. I always ended up with way too much of one type. When I mine, I would end up getting even further out of balance.

It never made any sense that tier 6 had four kinds of ore, two kinds of hides and two kinds of wood. It seemed like Turbine thought about creating two crafting tiers decided latter on that there would only be tier 6 instead of tier 6 and tier 7.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimdi View Post
    Personally I'd just have removed apprentice crafting completely, it's mostly useless these days.
    Thinking about it, this is pretty much true. They lowered (!) the minimum levels of tier 1 equipment while go, but since they also added crafting XP, you pretty much can't ever crit-craft any apprentice stuff without outleveling it from the crafting XP alone.
    You only may use it because you need to catch up on journeyman too without ouleveling it.
    PyLotRO with Python 3.x support and bugfixes: [url]https://github.com/Lynx3d/pylotro[/url]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast