We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Helm's Deep Relic Changes

Ok with the NDA dropped I figured I would post you the stats on the new relics.

There are a number of new things with Relics.
    - First of we have Tier 10 Relics.
    - New Level 90 Crafted and Bridle Relics, Currently have the same stats as Level 80
    - New Level 95 Crafted and Bridle Relics, Currently have the same stats as Level 85
    - New Melding of Tier 10 Relics
    - New Level 90 Melded Relics and Melded Mounted Relics
    - 95 Melded Relics are not yet in existence.
    - Tier 9 Relics can be forged into Tier 10 Relics.

Here is a breakdown of the Relic Combination costs.
    - Tier 1 costs 5 Relics and 2 Silver.
    - Tier 2 costs 4 Relics and 5 Silver.
    - Tier 3 costs 4 Relics and 13 Silver.
    - Tier 4 costs 3 Relics and 32 Silver.
    - Tier 5 costs 3 Relics and 82 Silver.
    - Tier 6 costs 3 Relics and 164 Silver.
    - Tier 7 costs 3 Relics and 328 Silver.
    - Tier 8 costs 3 Relics and 656 Silver.
    - Tier 9 costs 3 Relics and 984 Silver.

Here is the breakdown of the Tier 10 Melding Costs
    - 768 Shards and 1 Tier 10 Relic to turn it into any other Tier 10 Relic.

Tier 10 Relics
    Eorlingas Settings
    - 28 Will, 622 Physical Mastery, 622 Tactical Mastery
    - 28 Might, 622 Physical Mastery, 622 Tactical Mastery
    - 310 Morale, 622 Physical Mastery, 622 Tactical Mastery
    - 290 Power, 622 Physical Mastery, 622 Tactical Mastery
    Emerald Gems
    - 28 Vitality, 622 Crit Rating
    - 28 Agility, 622 Crit Rating
    - 28 Fate, 622 Crit Rating
    Insightful Runes
    - 1244 Incomign Heal Rating, 622 Block Rating
    - 148 ICMR, 622 Parry Rating
    - 139.8 ICPR, 622 Evade Rating

Level 90 Crafted Relics
    - 50 Will/Vitality/Fate/etc
    - 325 Morale/Power

Level 95 Crafted Relic
    - 370 Crit Defence, 740 Physical Mit, 740 Tactical Mit
    - 40 Fate/Will, 740 Crit Rating, 740 Tact Mastery
    - 40 Agility/Might, 740 Crit Rating, 740 Physical Mastery

Level 90 Crafted Bridle Relics are to hard to read to know what they do.

Level 95 Crafted Bridle Relics - Same stats as the Level 85 Relics.
    - 50 War-steed Agility, 600 Max War-Steed Endurance, 495 Max War-Steed Power
    - 50 War-steed Strength, 600 Max War-Steed Endurance, 495 Max War-Steed Power
    - 300 War-Steed Armour, 600 Max War-Steed Endurance, 495 Max War-Steed Power
    - 10 War-Steed Accel Rate, 600 Max War-Steed Endurance, 495 Max War-Steed Power
    - 10 War-Steed Turn Rate, 600 Max War-Steed Endurance, 495 Max War-Steed Power
    - 25% Attack Duration, 600 Max War-Steed Endurance, 495 Max War-Steed Power

Level 90 Melded Relics
    Each costs 11,232 shards
    Specific Relics cost 3 specific tier 10 relics
    Random Relics cost 2 specific tier 10 relics
    - Westemnet Setting of Stability -5% Item Wear Chance on Hit, +364 BPE, +1818 Incoming Heal Rating
    - Westemnet Setting of Beginnings +205 Physical Mit, +171 ICPR, +35 Vit
    - Westemnet Setting of Endings +7.5% Devastate Magnitude, +727 Crit Rating, +182 ICMR
    - Westemnet Gem of Faith +10% Partial Block and Parry Mit, +727 Block Rating, +35 Might
    - Westemnet Gem of Charity +205 Tact Mit, +909 Tact Mastery, +376 Max Power
    - Westemnet Gem of Hope +364 Crit Def, +396 Max Morale, +376 Max Power
    - Westemnet Rune of Courage +10% Partial Evade and Parry Mit, +35 Agi, +727 Parry Rating
    - Westemnet Rune of Power +205 Physical Mit, +727 Physical Mastery, +727 Tact Mastery, +35 Fate
    - Westemnet Rune of Wisdom -2.5% Attack Duration, +727 Evade Rating, +35 Will

Level 90 Melded Bridle Relics
    Each costs 11,232 shards
    Specific Relics cost 3 specific tier 10 relics
    Random Relics cost 2 specific tier 10 relics
    - Bridle Westemnet Setting of Aggression +727 Physical and Tactical Mastery, +20 Warsteed Strength, -15% Attack Duration
    - Bridle Westemnet Setting of Savvy +727 Physical and Tactical Mastery, +184 IC Endurance Rating, +5m Max distance on Ranged skills
    - Bridle Westemnet Setting of Clout +727 Physical and Tactical Mastery, +20 Warsteed Strength, +600 Max Warsteed Endurance
    - Bridle Westemnet Gem of Acumen +727 Crit Rating, +25% Crit Multiplier, -15% Warsteed Power Cost
    - Bridle Westemnet Gem of Haste +727 Crit rating, +20 Warsteed Agility, +154.5 IC Warsteed Power Regen
    - Bridle Westemnet Gem of Alacrity +727 Crit rating, +20 Warsteed Agility, +495 Max Warsteed Power
    - Bridle Westemnet Rune of Tenacity +364 Pary and Evade, +432 Resist Rating, +545 Physical and Tactical Mit
    - Bridle Westemnet Rune of Perseverance +364 Pary and Evade, +375 Warsteed Evade, +4 Warsteed Acceleration Rate
    - Bridle Westemnet Rune of Protection +364 Pary and Evade, +300 Warsteed Armour, +4 Warsteed Turn Rate

Refining Numbers
    - Tier 10 Relics give 2304 shards.
    - Level 90 Melded Relics give 4755 shards.
    - Level 90 Melded Bridle Relics give 4755 shards.
    - Level 90 Crafted Relics give 458 shards.
    - Level 90 Crafted Bridle Relics give 458 shards.
    - Level 95 Crafted Relics give 1374 shards.
    - Level 95 Crafted Bridle Relics give 1374 shards.

Deconstruction Costs

- Level 90/95 Crafted Relics cost 79s and 50c
    - Tier 9 relics cost 75s 24c

Relic Forging costs and Relic Melding costs continue to skyrocket. Its now almost 1g to combine 3 t9 into 1 t10. I'm sorry but this is getting to be far to costly to warrant doing.

The last time we got to Tier 10 relics we had a relic consolidation all the way back down to Tier 6. It feels like it is time to do this again.
    Last edited by PKCrichton; Nov 24 2013 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PKCrichton View Post

Relic Forging costs and Relic Melding costs continue to skyrocket. Its now almost 1g to combine 3 t9 into 1 t10. I'm sorry but this is getting to be far to costly to warrant doing.

The last time we got to Tier 10 relics we had a relic consolidation all the way back down to Tier 6. It feels like it is time to do this again.
    Yes, please... This is getting waaay too expensive. Also, no new True relics?
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

I think the True relics are treated like First Agers, in that they'll be coming in a post-launch Update.

As for the relic system as a whole... Compressing the tiers is probably necessary, but it would only ever be a bandaid.

Relics have a weird relationship to level increases. Like crafting tiers, we get a new relic tier every time there's a level cap increase. However, unlike crafting tiers, relic progression is "cumulative". Each crafting tier has a totally unique set of resources, while each new relic tier's resources come from the tier below.

That fact is what causes the exponential cost increase between tiers, and I don't think there's any way to really solve the problems with the relic system that doesn't involve axeing that exponential increase.

One attempt might be to fix the number of "normal" relic tiers at 5 or 6, then readjust the stat scaling with every level cap increase. At the same time, each Update would continue to add new Melded relics in 5-level increments, as they do now. These would require a linearly-increasing number of T6 relics. So, Eastemnet (80) Relics might require 4 T6 relics, Wildermore (95) would need 5, etc.

But there really isn't anything that fixes the problem, rather than merely patching it, without totally ripping out the relic system and starting over. So I don't think it'll happen unless there's an LI 2.0 (3.0?) revamp eventually.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

Any changes to the relic shard values for the crafted relics, and what are the new ones worth when they are cracked?

Quote Originally Posted by furtim View Post
    I think the True relics are treated like First Agers, in that they'll be coming in a post-launch Update.

As for the relic system as a whole... Compressing the tiers is probably necessary, but it would only ever be a bandaid.

Relics have a weird relationship to level increases. Like crafting tiers, we get a new relic tier every time there's a level cap increase. However, unlike crafting tiers, relic progression is "cumulative". Each crafting tier has a totally unique set of resources, while each new relic tier's resources come from the tier below.

That fact is what causes the exponential cost increase between tiers, and I don't think there's any way to really solve the problems with the relic system that doesn't involve axeing that exponential increase.

One attempt might be to fix the number of "normal" relic tiers at 5 or 6, then readjust the stat scaling with every level cap increase. At the same time, each Update would continue to add new Melded relics in 5-level increments, as they do now. These would require a linearly-increasing number of T6 relics. So, Eastemnet (80) Relics might require 4 T6 relics, Wildermore (95) would need 5, etc.

But there really isn't anything that fixes the problem, rather than merely patching it, without totally ripping out the relic system and starting over. So I don't think it'll happen unless there's an LI 2.0 (3.0?) revamp eventually.
    When it comes to the cost of relic forging if Turbine isn't going to lower the cost then I wish they would increase both the number of relics required to forge and increase the output of the forging. It is very costly to take relics from 1 to 10 or even from 5 or 7 to 10.

As for the True Relics those as you stated will probably come later on when Turbine also adds in Level 95 Melded Relics.

Quote Originally Posted by Pottery View Post
    Any changes to the relic shard values for the crafted relics, and what are the new ones worth when they are cracked?
    I haven't looked into these but I'll add it to my list of things to do when I'm on beta next.

Is there a significant advantage to using anything past tier 6? It's all I've been using since 65 and hasn't affected me all that much

Quote Originally Posted by Pottery View Post
    Ok updated the list for these numbers and also for the decon costs on relics.

Quote Originally Posted by Uron View Post
    Is there a significant advantage to using anything past tier 6? It's all I've been using since 65 and hasn't affected me all that much
    The real advantage comes from Melding the level specific relics. Those tend to have a lot more power than the normal Tier relics. The best of these are typically the True relics.

Cost of new LI support items is just foolish. I haven't started refining my crafted relics yet, but there was ~25% increase in the shard value of T10 to T9 relics... and a cost jump of ~300% in Scrolls of Empowerment?

Unless marks are dropping much faster than before (haven't checked since just hit 95) this really feels like adding a lot of additional grind just to make the "convenience" option look more palatable...