We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: browser alert

browser alert

We have detected that your browser is out of date. Please upgrade to the latest version to ensure the proper experience.

Why do I get this when I log on to lotro.com? My browser is up to date using IE 10 on Win 7. Annoying. I do not get this alert when I log in using Chrome.
    they are all dead.. they just don't know it yet....

Clear out your Temporary Internet files and Cookies.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

I have been getting this message since beta started. I have ignored it. I've also removed my Temporary Files as well as my Cookies. This does not correct the situtation. I have concluded that the forums no longer support Explorer 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Navra View Post
    I have been getting this message since beta started. I have ignored it. I've also removed my Temporary Files as well as my Cookies. This does not correct the situtation. I have concluded that the forums no longer support Explorer 8.
    You are correct.

You need to update IE to get rid of the message and the display errors.

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

I've emptied my cache, cookies when this was first happening. I am using IE 10 on win 7. Everything is updated. It is annoying because it messes up some of the texts and makes the forum hard to read.

I would hate this to be another LOTRO glitch that I've learned to live with lol.

I am using the latest version of IE 8 with Windows XP. I still get the 'out of date' message. In addition the My Account page does not display properly. The text is white on a white background. I can only conclude that the LOTRO forums do not support IE 8.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyx View Post
    I've emptied my cache, cookies when this was first happening. I am using IE 10 on win 7. Everything is updated. It is annoying because it messes up some of the texts and makes the forum hard to read.

I would hate this to be another LOTRO glitch that I've learned to live with lol.
    I am also using IE10 on Windows 7 and have no issues.

I got the alert once randomly and clearing out all the history and temporary files etc. solved it.

It's worked for others as well.

When you go to delete the history check all options in the deletion panel.

It eventually worked. I had them all clicked except form data. Maybe that was the problem because after clicking that it alert went away.