We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Moors-Battlemaster View Post
    And thus you break the generalised 1v1 agreements, of not LoSing. You use everything and lost, good captains would win.

I challenge you to find a better spider. I understand the rage was strong with you in Teamspeak when you lost, for someone that 'never loses' due to using all cd's and heal procs lmao.
    Maybe Im a bad cappy, but I did manage you to run like a little girl for 25 minutes Like I said bring another fight, no MC, and RC will be used, I will be prepared to your endless kiting this time.
    Last edited by sarefx; Nov 12 2013 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sarefx View Post
    Maybe Im a bad cappy, but I did manage you to run like a little girl for 25 minutes Like I said bring another fight, no MC, and RC will be used, I will be prepared to your endless kiting this time.
    You mean effectively kite a spam healing captain for 14 minutes? You LOS, I call in help. Easy

On topic, eagerly awaiting to see if any last minute changes occur. Otherwise, brace yourselves for an interesting era in PvP.....

Any idea of changes to the BA class beyond the reduced CD for Moving Target?

Shumzuda R11 Blackarrow - Shumheals R6 Defiler - Shumzud R6 Warg Beardhug R9 Champion - Majeika R8 LM - Chuffnel Burglar
    Not all those who wander are lost.

You mean effectively kite a spam healing captain for 14 minutes? You LOS, I call in help. Easy
    You do realize I only started healing after seeing you kite me like 10 minutes? But I guess it doesnt matter. If you EVER watched me fight every other creep on brandy you WOULD have noticed that I DONT heal. If by LOS you mean than line of sight, than you are even bigger ###### than I heard stories of you. You expect me RUN after you for 20 minutes with barely CHANCE to hit you, and not heal, while you dps me all this time? Ok. Seriously I think you just reached new level of stupidity my dear lag master. So can I call in help when you brand everytime I get in melee with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Shumzuda View Post
    Any idea of changes to the BA class beyond the reduced CD for Moving Target?
    Vt is a 40 second cd now. I think thats about it.

These invincible Lrms are going to be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    These invincible Lrms are going to be funny.

Yep. I think WL's in HD have been programmed to say "prepare the lube maneuver" every 5 seconds....
    Ridduk R14 WL
    Brandywine

Beta closes tonight. As of now, the last build we received to test was basically Moria launch 2.0, with some hilarious cooldown reductions to keep us all from deleting the game.

We've been told we will receive our proper update at a later date.

Even my Signature is trolling!

You do realize I only started healing after seeing you kite me like 10 minutes
    You started healing right from the start, the first crit you got about 40s in.

But I guess it doesnt matter. If you EVER watched me fight every other creep on brandy you WOULD have noticed that I DONT heal.
    Actually when Barkle had you beaten you popped Rally Cry at 500.

It's okay, keep being mad that your 'undefeatable' captain lost. The tears feed me.
    Last edited by Moors-Battlemaster; Nov 12 2013 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    Beta closes tonight. As of now, the last build we received to test was basically Moria launch 2.0, with some hilarious cooldown reductions to keep us all from deleting the game.

I get the "take what they give us" bit, I employ it now too but as a gamer, one who has been on the pvp forums and contributed a butt load to it whats your feeling on the "later date". You know what my expectations are, curious on your take. Personal curiosity not a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    I get the "take what they give us" bit, I employ it now too but as a gamer, one who has been on the pvp forums and contributed a butt load to it whats your feeling on the "later date". You know what my expectations are, curious on your take. Personal curiosity not a troll.
    TBH, I feel whatever Turbine plans to give creepside in the next update will be nerfed into the ground due to incessant crying by freeps on BR.

With some of the unresolved issues in the last beta build PvMP is going to be in pretty poor shape, especially for creeps, unless there are changes made between the last build and the launch build. The damage output of some classes was eye watering and coupled with macroing issues it will make for some very imbalanced gameplay. The large scale cool downs on creepside might help a bit, but frankly they are very much a band-aid so how effective they will be, and how they will contribute to imbalance, remains to be seen.

When PvMP receives its proper update is a good question. My guess, and it is just a guess, would be at least a couple of updates after Helm's Deep launches. The first update after the expansion launches will probably focus on addressing issues with the freep class changes. The update after that would be the earliest we would see a full PvMP update imho. Hopefully I am wrong and it is earlier.

TBH, I feel whatever Turbine plans to give creepside in the next update will be nerfed into the ground due to incessant crying by freeps on BR.
    My bone of contention is rather simple, the fact that turbine is excluding part of the play from an update to their game. The worst part is a lot of us have been conditioned to accept this as if its a norm. Ive heard all the arguments, PvP is a low percent of the player base, it was an add on at the last minute (7 years ago) etc, etc. Ive made my bones with Lotro, ive cried and whined on the forums in the past for changes, some have come to pass others haven't. In the end, my expectation is a company who produces an MMO should be able to update the game entirely when they have a major release, not "we'll check back on this part once we see how things work out". Basically if moors are your primary use of lotro, youre paying to beta test their changes. Im annoyed by that, but have come to accept the reality of turbine. Im genuinely curious if other people are okay with it, particularly players who have been playing much longer then me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    My bone of contention is rather simple, the fact that turbine is excluding part of the play from an update to their game. The worst part is a lot of us have been conditioned to accept this as if its a norm. Ive heard all the arguments, PvP is a low percent of the player base, it was an add on at the last minute (7 years ago) etc, etc. Ive made my bones with Lotro, ive cried and whined on the forums in the past for changes, some have come to pass others haven't. In the end, my expectation is a company who produces an MMO should be able to update the game entirely when they have a major release, not "we'll check back on this part once we see how things work out". Basically if moors are your primary use of lotro, youre paying to beta test their changes. Im annoyed by that, but have come to accept the reality of turbine. Im genuinely curious if other people are okay with it, particularly players who have been playing much longer then me.
    All MMO players are paying to beta test content. The shiny promise of "constant updates", has always really just meant "we can fix it later". That's something you have to learn to live with in this genre.

You asked if I believed they would give us an update and fix things? I certainly believe they'll try.

This update was always going to be bad for the moors at launch: It was a major systems change for character customization on freepside. They were working on the trees right up into the final builds and were STILL doing dps balancing between the freep classes in house through the QA department when the beta ended. HOW were creeps supposed to be balanced against mechanics that were new and ever changing and DPS that was not finalized?

I went into the beta merely hoping to do what I could to prevent some of the broken mechanics from reaching live. I think we did get some things changed in the freep update for the better (for a while, a pvp gear wearing warden could stack up to about -140% incoming healing... we won't go into some of the other stuff...). I don't think we fixed all we could of. The macro fast skill exploits are being looked at, but I have little faith those will be fixable by launch since in my estimation it will take actual changes to the engine rather than editing values in a database to fix.

I do expect that come 12.2 we will see more significant creep changes. We may get some minor fixes in 12.1. This is how Moria played out (we got minor morale and mitigation boosts in the first patch, and the damage scaling issues on freeps were completely fixed in the second patch with the LI dps nerf). Remember, Moria eventually worked out and there was some quality pvp, especially near the end of the expansion.

I'd much rather launch in bad shape and get fixed as the expansion goes on rather than launching in good shape and getting NO fixes as things get worse due to progression and freep development (see: ROR).

Remember, Moria eventually worked out and there was some quality pvp, especially near the end of the expansion.
    Correct, book 8 was quite a lovely time for PvP.

I'd much rather launch in bad shape and get fixed as the expansion goes on rather than launching in good shape and getting NO fixes as things get worse due to progression and freep development (see: ROR).
    Very much so. The imbalance will also be great for seeing who is truly a creep and who just wants easy points.

Correct, book 8 was quite a lovely time for PvP.

Very much so. The imbalance will also be great for seeing who is truly a creep and who just wants easy points.
    Spider specifics... you will rage when you see what was done to our roots; there are no more damage grace periods. In practice, this tends to make them less than worthless as they pretty much always break in less time than you take to stop and apply them. The cooldown reductions on them are nice (10 seconds for single target, 30 for AOE)... but in a world where freep CC spec classes are getting some hefty increases to damage grace periods, this is pretty bad.

Combat burrow is down to 3 minutes.

Most of our rotational skills are better on cooldown (lethal kiss is much easier to fit into a proper rotation now). Also envenom is down to 8 seconds, virulent poison is down to I believe 12-15 seconds. So our rotation is a bit more active (though PA spam is still likely our highest sustained damage).

Smothering web and latent poison are 20 second and 1 minute cooldowns. This is actually a very nice change (smothering at 5 minutes has been a joke). Also venomous haze is 30 seconds.

A side effect of all the reductions on cooldowns is that feast is essentially not worth using ever. Shelob's gift is down to 20 seconds with would be rediculously broken if not for how few and far between freep deaths will be. It took three of us over 10 minutes to kill a tank spec captain in the last build.

Web the earth is not, nor will it be "fixed". They have the tech to fix it, but do not want to have a tail effect according to Yicky (I believe it really should have at least a few second tail effect...). It is a 25 second cooldown now. Though many freep slows have been increased, so you don't gain much ground using it.

Spider specifics... you will rage when you see what was done to our roots; there are no more damage grace periods. In practice, this tends to make them less than worthless as they pretty much always break in less time than you take to stop and apply them. The cooldown reductions on them are nice (10 seconds for single target, 30 for AOE)... but in a world where freep CC spec classes are getting some hefty increases to damage grace periods, this is pretty bad.
    Never traited root, only use imo was for stopping horses and annoying melee trains.

Combat burrow is down to 3 minutes.
    Nothing special there.

Most of our rotational skills are better on cooldown (lethal kiss is much easier to fit into a proper rotation now). Also envenom is down to 8 seconds, virulent poison is down to I believe 12-15 seconds. So our rotation is a bit more active (though PA spam is still likely our highest sustained damage).
    Envenom change is excellent, we just need more debuff skills now. Virulent very good, lethal eh.

Smothering web and latent poison are 20 second and 1 minute cooldowns. This is actually a very nice change (smothering at 5 minutes has been a joke). Also venomous haze is 30 seconds.
    Ven haze is the best here, much more efficient now.

A side effect of all the reductions on cooldowns is that feast is essentially not worth using ever. Shelob's gift is down to 20 seconds with would be rediculously broken if not for how few and far between freep deaths will be. It took three of us over 10 minutes to kill a tank spec captain in the last build.
    I disagree. For RvR i trait it for the power return, and having two massive webbed areas is highly valuable against a melee heavy fraid. There's no reason to use shelobs if you're above 90% morale anyway, so feast will still be a highly viable skill IMO.

That is, as you say, if freeps ever die lol.

Web the earth is not, nor will it be "fixed". They have the tech to fix it, but do not want to have a tail effect according to Yicky (I believe it really should have at least a few second tail effect...). It is a 25 second cooldown now. Though many freep slows have been increased, so you don't gain much ground using it.
    Better than nothing, still looking for lethal kiss to give a 20% slow upon use on a fully ensared target.

My 2 cents here reading the last page and a half,

so Evilspinnre is a weaver, a CC class, and kiting a melee class so the melee class Line of Sights, and so Evilspinnre's defence is "he'll solo call you out" if you do that.

In reality, what I read is "If you don't play like the way I want you to, I'm going to zerg you."

I'm not trying to take any sides, but this is what I'm getting from it.

A Captain not using "cooldowns" from the "beginning" is pretty much giving you a free kill as a Spider vs Captain, so seriously why are you still arguing.

If the playing field was level and both were using all your skills, and you were losing Evilspinnre, I assume you'd run to a map-in spot, burrow and call out anyways, seeing as you already stated you'll call him out if he "lines of sights" you.

Can you seriously not handle dying in a PvP zone? Jesus.

Edit: I just realised this was in Monster Play forum, so everyone who participated loses terribly.

): keep it to your server forum
    Last edited by Gottapee; Nov 13 2013 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gottapee View Post

so Evilspinnre is a weaver, a CC class, and kiting a melee class so the melee class Line of Sights, and so Evilspinnre's defence is "he'll solo call you out" if you do that.

In reality, what I read is "If you don't play like the way I want you to, I'm going to zerg you."
    LOS'ing is not using skills, it is breaking 1v1 tradition. If he does it in an agreed 1v1, I'll sure a

I'm not trying to take any sides
    Yes you are

A Captain not using "cooldowns" from the "beginning" is pretty much giving you a free kill as a Spider vs Captain, so seriously why are you still arguing.
    It's his decision whether to use cooldowns or not. He doesn't, I melee. He does, I kite.

If the playing field was level and both were using all your skills, and you were losing Evilspinnre, I assume you'd run to a map-in spot, burrow and call out anyways, seeing as you already stated you'll call him out if he "lines of sights" you.
    If it was a 1v1, no I wouldn't. I was told he was easy moding vs some people at the 1v1 circle so I decided to teach him a lesson.

Can you seriously not handle dying in a PvP zone? Jesus.
    Apparently you can't.

LOS'ing is not using skills, it is breaking 1v1 tradition. If he does it in an agreed 1v1, I'll sure a

If it was a 1v1, no I wouldn't. I was told he was easy moding vs some people at the 1v1 circle so I decided to teach him a lesson..
    Last edited by Gottapee; Nov 14 2013 at 01:04 AM.

Tradition?
    Line of sighting is generally frowned upon in an accepted 1v1 scenario. As would be for someone to drop combat and Dp/food regen or summon a pet back or anything of the sort.

In response to your terribad memes, 1v1 tradition on Brandy has always involved an agreement to avoid using LoS. Perhaps you transfers should get to know it. I am well aware what the term means and it's applications.

If you want me to explain further, send me a PM and stop derailing this thread. Thanks.

Line of sighting is generally frowned upon in an accepted 1v1 scenario. As would be for someone to drop combat and Dp/food regen or summon a pet back or anything of the sort.

In response to your terribad memes, 1v1 tradition on Brandy has always involved an agreement to avoid using LoS. Perhaps you transfers should get to know it. I am well aware what the term means and it's applications.
    First --- Generally frowned upon =/= Tradition

Second --- I've participated in FC/1v1's enough on this server at -GTA- not -GG- and have seen creeps use trees to LoS, so perhaps you should talk to them since you clearly see yourself as the God of the Sandbox

Third --- You know whats frowned upon? Calling out for all creeps to come to X so you can lagg2win. Your kettle is so black that the pot wants to say racist things.

Fourth --- Why are you still arguing over Monster Play forums, how much ego-stroking is enough for you? Lolbeans serious business forum warrior.

Fifith ---

It's his decision whether to use cooldowns or not. He doesn't, I melee. He does, I kite.

If it was a 1v1, no I wouldn't. I was told he was easy moding vs some people at the 1v1 circle so I decided to teach him a lesson.
    You say "You decided to to teach him a lesson", well my good sir, do not forget I 1v1'd you and won with full morale/power left. Can't out DPS untraited Writ of Health? Honestly there are better weavers out there by a large margin. Stop talking all high and mighty because you can kite a Captain.

Next time I 1v1 you, I'll "teach you a lesson", except the fact that you flat out -refused- to 1v1 me afterwards so clearly, dying means the world to you.

PS: I didn't use a single cooldown on you

inb4 you try to get last word to ego-stroke your fizzlepizzle.
    Last edited by Gottapee; Nov 14 2013 at 01:25 AM.

First --- Generally frowned upon =/= Tradition
    Since SoA it has been frowned upon and dealth with. I'd call that a tradition. Etiquette is another good term for it.

Second --- I've participated in FC/1v1's enough on this server at -GTA- not -GG- and have seen creeps use trees to LoS, so perhaps you should talk to them since you clearly see yourself as the God of the Sandbox
    Hard to talk to said creeps if you don't give me their names. But I suggest removing said people from said circle.

Third --- You know whats frowned upon? Calling out for all creeps to come to X so you can lagg2win. Your kettle is so black that the pot wants to say racist things.
    Because 36-48 freeps sitting in one spot, a serverline no less, is a feasible target for a craid of 24. I am not going to let you farm my raid. You want points, you can earn them. Heaven help you if you ditch the 2nd fraid and fight in an out of the way location where it doesn't lag as much. That might be too much rocket science though.

And your use of Pot-Kettle is incorrect here, 1v1 etiquette is observed by both sides, you're relating to something your side doesn't like because it doesn't let them win. Boo hoo.

Fourth --- Why are you still arguing over Monster Play forums, how much ego-stroking is enough for you? Lolbeans serious business forum warrior.
    I am responding to your fallacies.

Fifith --- You say "You came to teach him a lesson", well my good sir, do not forget I 1v1'd you and won with full morale/power left. Honestly there are better weavers out there by a large margin. Can't out DPS Writ of Health? How's that ego doing?
    Yes indeed you did, something any RK is capable of vs any class by using their abilities, so grats on being like everyone else I guess? You used far more than writ of health, I can out dps that alone. Ego doing fine, thanks for asking. For the record, I've fought RK's that haven't healed that did far better than you, so keep trying.

In response to your bad edits: No, no RK has to use CD's, as few as they have. Neither did I use certain CD's, but believe as you want. With the current state of the game, no rk will lose to anyone if they don't want to. And yes, I will stand tall and mighty over someone that claimed they are undefeatable and still lost despite using everything in the book.

inb4 you try to get last word
    You declined my option of sending me a private message, so clearly you want the attention.

You declined my option of sending me a private message, so clearly you want the attention.
    Doesn't count when you edit'd it after I made my post bro, but good job on only edit'ing it twice so you don't get the obvious Edit-Tag.

Doesn't count when you edit'd it after I made my post bro, but good job on only edit'ing it twice so you don't get the obvious Edit-Tag.
    This is a an example of "pot meet kettle": Berates person for continuing argument in forum>Makes further post after clearly noticing request for private messages.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast