We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

PVMP Beta Discussion.

Now that the NDA has been lifted, let's discuss the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    Now that the NDA has been lifted, let's discuss the beta.
    Slight advantage to creeps overall. Which is fine.

Factor in exploitable fast/instant skills and, lets just say, the FOTM will most definitely be Reavers with WLs close behind. If you can make macros you win {PERIOD END} 3s kills FTW.

ASSUMING the current build will go live.

Perma-wrath for reavers.
    Near permanent (75% up time) MT for BAs.
    Many broken CDs on both sides.

18-20k ECs from RKS on 25-30k creeps
    10-12k impales on 15-20k freeps.

DPS is still broken....
    "...FF is still the best server period, its like the Texas of Lotro"-Bace

Go back to playing Oldschool Runescape for PvP.

I'd heard a lot about the new(ish) exploits. I would not have faith that Turbine will fix them.

Only some small changes overall to classes

Many of the creep skills have had their cd's reduced (such as Wrath now only about 30-45 seconds when I tested it), always room to change this. More skills changed to fast.
    12 corruption slots in total now, which 3 and 6 bonuses for physical/tact mit, crit rating crit defence. An example is that 6 crit rating corruptions equals a 3kish heal (when i tested it) per kill, including NPC's.

New damage types (not sure if its a bug), including orc craft damage.

Apparently some type of macro exploit, hopefully it gets fixed.

I know there's more but thats a nice sum of things.

Eodread, Earendel, Isilmacil - Horizon
    Thattickles, Thangorodread - Table Smashers

Apart from 45s Moving Target and perma-Wrath?... Hmmmm not sure. Haven't really played.
    Edit: 45s cooldown, not duration.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

Quote Originally Posted by doug01 View Post

Factor in exploitable fast/instant skills and, lets just say, the FOTM will most definitely be Reavers with WLs close behind. If you can make macros you win {PERIOD END} 3s kills FTW.

DPS is still broken....
    I doubt that exploit manage to go into live servers, i was parsing over 9k dps with SS macro againts npcs, but i must say that i hope they can fix it so that reaver animations for AOEs would be little faster than they are now in the live servers.

Impale used to be kinda overkill in the early ROR, but with the buffs + new gears freeps got in the updates the skill balanced out much better againts freeps. Now with the upcoming expansion the skill would be even stronger than it was in ROR, at least adding the dmg type to the extra damage from impale is something that they should take into consideration, i just hope if they will decide to nerf the impale they wont go too far with it.

In the Helms Deep PVP i am most worried about the creep healing, currently the heals creeps have in HD is about the same we have in live servers atm, and of course the freep healing did got pretty large buff with HD.

I wish someone with more info about the freep healing could comment in here.

Most of the cooldown changes creeps have in HD are pretty good, but there are some skill cds that might need changing, like BAs MT is 40sec cd, reavers wrath is 35sec cd, and the WL rez having 1min cd with a trait, and of course the warg hips/sprint being only 90sec.

And i want mention that when i was looking at the tooltips for creep skills, and then comparing those numbers we have in live servers i did notice only like increase of 100-200 at best?
    [center][img]http://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/r753/Superiorcarrotcake/DERPIDEderp_zpsszemybhp.jpg[/img][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by doug01 View Post

Perma-wrath for reavers.
    Near permanent (75% up time) MT for BAs.
    Many broken CDs on both sides.

DPS is still broken....
    you are wrong in many things ...
    ec should do 50k ;p

[Tangaar Captain R 7][Barukhazad Minstrel R 9]

I haven't played in over a year (needless to say, the last time I was in the Moors it was abhorrent and disgusting)

But the new Freep class changes look very, very interesting in regards to PvMP. I went from "### do you think you're doing, Turbine" to...could there actually balance now? Do Minstrels actually have to CHOOSE between being immortal or killing a raid of creeps solo?

Anyway, class balance is still only one concern of PvMP. The others being the Moors trademark lag and the keep/OP mechanics no one likes. Has either of those been addressed in HD?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart06 View Post
    I haven't played in over a year (needless to say, the last time I was in the Moors it was abhorrent and disgusting)

But the new Freep class changes look very, very interesting in regards to PvMP. I went from "### do you think you're doing, Turbine" to...could there actually balance now? Do Minstrels actually have to CHOOSE between being immortal or killing a raid of creeps solo?

Anyway, class balance is still only one concern of PvMP. The others being the Moors trademark lag and the keep/OP mechanics no one likes. Has either of those been addressed in HD?
    Feign death > drop combat > press button > back to immortal.

HD pvp is going to be a mish mash train wreck at launch, as there was very little time spent working on it. The developer in charge of pvp was also personally working on 3 freep classes. Guess what had to take priority.

The cooldown changes are basically a "throw stuff at the wall" approach to at least giving creeps a chance post launch.

It won't work. Our heals were not scaled as of the last beta; we're still healing at lvl 85 levels. Guess what happened to freep dps?

That said, there were some positive hints on the beta forums about potential things to come. Yicky also came back from Boston with a huge grin and a "I was very happy and surprised" as all he could comment without breaking his NDA. So there's that.

Even my Signature is trolling!

The fast skill exploits that exist (primarily, but not entirely through macros) on live have been expanded upon given the number of No cooldown fast skills now. Someone said they have faith they will be fixed, but these same exploits have existed for years with no fix. Best bet if you want to be king of the moors is rolls a BA or Reaver and buy a keyboard or mouse that does macros and watch your opponents die in under 2 seconds.

For a more serious reply, pretty much what Stickeez said. Little time was put into PvP, there was a call for feedback, but no real response or elaborations. The corruption changes are very positive (if they work the bugs out), but it really seems like the Devs spent an hour at lunch axing cooldowns and making everything a fast skill for creeps, then went back to freep class revamps.

Unless more changes are in store before live, things will actually be more frustrating with HD than on live now.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    Feign death > drop combat > press button > back to immortal.

HD pvp is going to be a mish mash train wreck at launch, as there was very little time spent working on it. The developer in charge of pvp was also personally working on 3 freep classes. Guess what had to take priority.

The cooldown changes are basically a "throw stuff at the wall" approach to at least giving creeps a chance post launch.

It won't work. Our heals were not scaled as of the last beta; we're still healing at lvl 85 levels. Guess what happened to freep dps?

That said, there were some positive hints on the beta forums about potential things to come. Yicky also came back from Boston with a huge grin and a "I was very happy and surprised" as all he could comment without breaking his NDA. So there's that.
    I was speaking more long term. Exploits aside, the changes to Freep classes seem much easier to balance in regards to PvP. And dare I say will encourage or even require more cooperation rather than ratking zerg ganks.

Obviously launch will be a mess out there. It was all you can eat Vegas buffet for my Reaver when RoR launched. That was a lot of fun

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart06 View Post
    I was speaking more long term. Exploits aside, the changes to Freep classes seem much easier to balance in regards to PvP. And dare I say will encourage or even require more cooperation rather than ratking zerg ganks.

Obviously launch will be a mess out there. It was all you can eat Vegas buffet for my Reaver when RoR launched. That was a lot of fun
    The creep classes aren't getting the class/trait tree revamp themselves with this launch but hopefully an update later in the year they will get the same treatment. As it stands creeps use the old system so they have an advantage of having all their skills available even if they aren't always as potent as they would be if they were specialized through trait trees.

Can we get confirmation if the 6 crit rating corruption bonus gives a 10% max morale heal for the person that inflicts the KB or everyone that contributed to the kill with the bonus?

PvP will be a no skill required enviroment.

Macros everywhere, who wait, like it is atm.

If the current betas are anything to go by this will kill pvp and make it a joke.
    Snowbourn - Commander Shakbasher - Lieutenant Glurf

Warriors of The Great Eye

Two questions:

1) Has gear-swapping been disabled in the moors (atleast incombat?)
    and
    2) Can, as a freep, you change your trait tree outside of GV when in the ettinmoors? (something creeps most likely wont be able to do?)
    [highlight][color=black][size=2][B](•_•) Out numbered? Out gunned?
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■) Challenge Accepted[/B][/size][/color][/highlight]

Quote Originally Posted by Exion_Blade View Post
    Two questions:

and
    2) Can, as a freep, you change your trait tree outside of GV when in the ettinmoors? (something creeps most likely wont be able to do?)
    yes and yes
    argio r11 burglar | trytofarmme r10 reaver | trytoloveme r10 spider | ikissedafreep r10 blackarrow | roargh r9 warleader | trytocatchme r9 warg |

Quote Originally Posted by Exion_Blade View Post
    Two questions:

Yes, but a freep can still swap legendary and off-hand items in-combat I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWarg View Post
    Yes, but a freep can still swap legendary and off-hand items in-combat I believe.
    nop, 0 changes in equipment while in combat

That type of macro exploit you guys are talking about with the fast skills is a bannable offence, although I had to report the same burg on 3 different occasions before we stopped seeing it; apparently if it cant cheat, it did not want to play.
    Stylen R13 Warg
    Lincor R6 Minstrel, Alluthir R6 Champ, Inbur R10 Burg

Quote Originally Posted by Evadar View Post
    I have just tested it and players can definitely switch legendary weapons and ranged slot items whilst in-combat. Switching between legendary class items isn't allowed in-combat though.

Quote Originally Posted by Evadar View Post
    Legendary weapons and off hand weapons can still be swapped.
    Snowbourn - Commander Shakbasher - Lieutenant Glurf

Warriors of The Great Eye

The 6 resistance corruption bonus set gives an auto-grant button that pops up to remove a "variety of debuffs". Not all of the removals were working when I tested it. You have to watch for the button to pop on the screen and it lasts @9secs so it's easy to miss in combat.

It was rather handy for my defiler to remove pesky NPC attack damage.

The CD on single target rez was 15 sec per cycle/out of combat. Staying out of combat meant not grouping and staying away from NPCs.
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

l0l0l 90 second sprint/hips? Even the most ridiculous of wargs would never ask for this. An escape every 45 seconds is just...... urg nm

Quote Originally Posted by trollhardorgohome View Post
    l0l0l 90 second sprint/hips? Even the most ridiculous of wargs would never ask for this. An escape every 45 seconds is just...... urg nm
    HiPS and Sprint have been reduced again??

And welcome back Thorgrum.
    I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast