We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Crafting speed

Crafting speed

Is there anyway or any item in the store that can help with the speed in crafting? Good grief, if I have to craft more than 50 items it takes forever, I usually go to the bathroom, take the dog out, take a nap and still the bar of the crafting is moving like ..........1................... ......2....................... .............3 what the heck?

Quote Originally Posted by Kantazouno View Post
    Is there anyway or any item in the store that can help with the speed in crafting? Good grief, if I have to craft more than 50 items it takes forever, I usually go to the bathroom, take the dog out, take a nap and still the bar of the crafting is moving like ..........1................... ......2....................... .............3 what the heck?
    It's never a good sign when you feel the urge to leave the keyboard while playing a game. I agree it's too boring.

I think one way they could fix this is instead of doing the mass crafting yourself, you can hire an NPC to do it for you. You just gather the materials then trade them, pay the NPC a fee and come back later to pick it up when it is all finished.

There is a rapid crafting boost that you can buy in the store. That will help greatly.

Lightbulb

If every dot is a a second between 1 item & the next {1 ...................... 2} that is a sign that you need upgraded your crafting tool . The highest tools are level 85. As the others mentioned, there is also the store consumable item that speed of crafting.

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    If every dot is a a second between 1 item & the next {1 ...................... 2} that is a sign that you need upgraded your crafting tool . The highest tools are level 85. As the others mentioned, there is also the store consumable item that speed of crafting.
    Improved crafting tools only improve the speed of three things:

1) Harvesting crops
    2) Gathering ore
    3) Gathering wood

For everything else (including planting crops, processing crops, processing ore, and processing wood), the store consumable is the only way to speed it up. In fact, for bulk processing, I still break out my superior bronze tools as they're much cheaper to repair and the processing tools don't improve crit chance.

I liked the system in Swtor and Eve Online. Both of those games you craft in real time. It does not matter whether you are logged in or not. It does not matter if doing other stuff.

The only issue is that crafting operations take longer than they do in a game like Lotro. You are limited in the number of operations that you do. Swtor is a maximum of five in the same craft. It is not unusual in Swtor to spend several hours making five items or a single crafting mission that takes two hours and one at a time. Eve Online lets you parallel run multiple jobs BUT some take a long time. I remember one was 28 days.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Thanks for the information. RIFT and GW2 have pretty quick crafting bars. I honestly don't see why the crafting speed is so limited except that the store sells speed boosters.

Thanks for the information. RIFT and GW2 have pretty quick crafting bars. I honestly don't see why the crafting speed is so limited except that the store sells speed boosters.
    The speed was that limited long before the store existed.
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    [url]http://www.theoldergamers.com[/url]

The crafting speed is much shorter than the original times in the 2007 launch code.

The idea of limiting crafting speed is to force people to make difficult choices. What do you want to spend your game play time on. Riding a stable horse. Waiting for a travel skill cool down. Running on foot. Riding personal horse. Killing critters. Crafting. Improving a legendary item. Earning reputation. Getting crafting guild reputation.

Online games are all about time sinks. Inside of a "small fee for that". It is "going to take some time".

with the introduction of the Lotro Store we now have the option of "going to take some time" or "buy a time reducer from the Lotro Store". Prior to the Lotro store there were no time reducer. Expend the time or do without.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.