We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Burglars - Am I missing something?

Looking at the Mounted Combat skills of a Burglar, I think I might be missing something... Let me list the skills and their effects.

• [Ride By]
      X-Y Damage; DoT (15s); Increase PC and steed Armor (10s); 10% Slow (10s), steed morale heal on crit
    • [Keen Strike]
      X-Y Damage, -10% mitigation; 6% Evade (6s); steed morale heal on crit
      +Stratagem DoT (4s), -20% Crit defense (20s); Drain target morale, Attacker gains morale, steed morale heal, -10% Tactical defense (6s); Target cannot move, +50% miss chance (8s), -10% speed (30s)
    • [Jollification]
      X-Y Damage; steed morale heal on crit
      +Stratagem DoT, Drain steed morale (14s), +10 melee damage (12s); +Parry/+Evade, Reflect (DoT, Drain steed Morale (14s)) (12s); +25% Crit chance (12s)
    • [Strategic Strike]
      X-Y Damage, DoT on crit; steed morale heal on crit
      +Stratagem +20% crit chance (12s), -12s cooldown; -25% hit chance; -6s cooldown
    • [All in the Wrist]
      X-Y Damage, DoT (24s); +50% Evade chance, +6% Evade chance AoE; Force target to ride infront, +15% positional damage (18s)
    • [Trick: Impugn Character]
      X-Y Damage, Charm target (20s); DoT (20s); -X AC on Target and their steed (18s), +6% Evade chance AoE (6s); -X Target Evade rating (18s)
    • [Burglar's Treat]
      +10% Devastate damage (15s); +X steed armor (24s); Morale bubble (18s), steed morale bubble (18s)

So, am I missing something, or is there almost no in-combat heals? No morale heals, no power heals, no steed power heals. The only steed morale heals are from crits in Riddermark stance.

I've played Captain, Champion, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper and Warden through to 85, and through their Mounted Combat. Each of them have at least one Morale heal, Steed morale heal, Power heal, and Steed power heal. So, am I not too far off base to conclude that Burglar's Mounted Combat is utter garbage? And, that the only thing Stratagem is good for is avoiding combat, because any War-Band would eat a Burglar alive?

It may have something to do with your steed type. I use a hunter with a light war steed and get no steed heals. Haven't used heavy or medium steeds.

Quote Originally Posted by sakisman View Post
    I use a hunter with a light war steed and get no steed heals.
    Actually, you do.

Rohirrim - [Flay Open] heals power and steed power, [Noble Arrow] heals power, morale, steed power and steed morale on a Crit.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    So, am I not too far off base to conclude that Burglar's Mounted Combat is utter garbage? And, that the only thing Stratagem is good for is avoiding combat, because any War-Band would eat a Burglar alive?
    It's not utter garbage, but it's certainly not as effective as most of the other classes.. although Impugn can be very entertaining (when it works).

Use it on the Warband leader, then go after his minions.
    The Warband Leader will attack the same minion you target.
    Get far enough out of range when it wears off, then re-apply.

You can use this same tactic to hit & run while burning down the War Band one or two minions at a time.

As far as heals, I THINK the blue line on a Light Steed offers heals, Medium Steed gets bubbles in blue.. I don't think Heavy gets any heals though (other than the standard class skills).
    This was how it USED to be prior to Wildemore.
    I basically always stay Yellow now.. and haven't really tried anything all that grandiose recently.

As for Strategem, it acts just as Stealth does for QK Burgs.. you'll get a much, much, much bigger opening hit using it than you would not using it.

In my opinion it's just "ok".. but there is a debate between Guards & Burgs as to who has the worst MC of all the classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootstwaddle View Post
    As far as heals, I THINK the blue line on a Light Steed offers heals, Medium Steed gets bubbles in blue.. I don't think Heavy gets any heals though (other than the standard class skills).
    a) That still doesn't heal steed power, b) every other class (haven't played Guard yet) has Heals that don't rely on the capstones of the MC stance. Anything else you get from the capstones is gravy, that the Burglar should have to rely on them in life or death situations is utter garbage.

As for Strategem, it acts just as Stealth does for QK Burgs.. you'll get a much, much, much bigger opening hit using it than you would not using it.
    One good hit does not excuse not being able keep yourself alive in sustained combat.
    but there is a debate between Guards & Burgs as to who has the worst MC of all the classes.
    I have yet to get there on my Guard, but compared to the other 7 classes, Burg is hands down the worst.

I have yet to get there on my Guard, but compared to the other 7 classes, Burg is hands down the worst.
    You're on point with Burg on MC. The amount of damage output by burg on war steed is utter fail, even going full speed. On foot, Burg are up there with Champ/Hunter in DPS. I feel burgs are sitting ducks when it comes to MC, burgs are strongest when striking from the shadows, and have no business fighting on a steed.

Quote Originally Posted by Apex9221 View Post
    You're on point with Burg on MC. The amount of damage output by burg on war steed is utter fail, even going full speed. On foot, Burg are up there with Champ/Hunter in DPS. I feel burgs are sitting ducks when it comes to MC, burgs are strongest when striking from the shadows, and have no business fighting on a steed.
    I don't know how much other classes are doing, but I can get over 10K damage on my 83 burglar and can easily 1-shot mobs. It depends a lot on position and fury, I think, which can be tricky to get unless you have a very agile horse but when you do you can cut them down fast.
    Burglar MC may not be as organized/tight as that of other classes, but the DPS is certainly there.

Quote Originally Posted by elianidd2 View Post
    It depends a lot on position and fury, I think, which can be tricky to get unless you have a very agile horse but when you do you can cut them down fast.
    Burglar MC may not be as organized/tight as that of other classes, but the DPS is certainly there.
    That's not DPS, that's burst damage. The problem is a) it's not sustained, b) there no effective way to self heal morale and/or power.

Every, and I repeat EVERY, other class have at least one skill to heal morale and/or power.

That's not DPS, that's burst damage. The problem is a) it's not sustained, b) there no effective way to self heal morale and/or power.

Every, and I repeat EVERY, other class have at least one skill to heal morale and/or power.
    I don't know, most of my hits are pretty strong. It's not all spectacular every time but it's pretty sustained to the point that I have no trouble mowing down mobs when angled correctly. Seems to me positional damage was king in their minds when they designed it.
    Agree on the lack of any kind of survivability though.