We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

If you Don't get rid of Housing Hooks...

At least add a lot more, and make items more compatible with different hook types. For example, "Thin" furniture should also be allowed in "Small", "Large", and "Special" slots.

Also every item should be re-evaluated as to what size it really is. The Meta-Maps of Eriador and Moria are both large walls, but are exactly the same size as the maps that fit in small wall slots. Autumn Apple Trees are small yard (which is awesome, don't touch that) but Nanu's hiding place is a Large yard and is about the same size as a rhododendron bush. Most of the large yard items you get from the housing vendors should probably just all be small yard.

Small Houses should have at least 1 ceiling hook, and deluxe houses should have 3 (1 for each room) and Kin Houses should have a whole bunch more.

Or you can just give us free form placement and let us fill the spaces in our homes and yards however we want.

Please "do" get rid of the housing hooks. The whole idea of hooks is interesting only once, thereafter they become a nuisance and constant reminder of how limited houses are.

If we cannot place whatever we want, wherever we want within the house and outside in the yard, then why bother having a house at all?

Honestly, housing is only a minor perk where ownership is hardly ever mentioned and/or bragged about in the game, because there's nothing to brag about.

Players would like to have game homes where they can do actual decoration of their game home, virtual though it may be.

Please give lotro gamers housing regions where we can set up our homes to be show places that do not look like every other house out there, which is the way it is now.

All houses look exactly alike decoration-wise. Even if the decorations are different in the hook spots, they still are limited to the same specific spots/locations within, and outside, of our houses.

With the egregious added price of certain parts of houses (right now the storage), rare few will be able to afford a house, so why have a housing section at all if only the raiding/farming/crafting elitists (and those with endless real life money) can afford to utilize and maintain a house?

Thank you for your time.

The hooks are not gonna be removed.

As for adding more hooks, there would be problems with doing that. Especially with the outside ones because not all lawns would have the same space.

Sadly I don't see them doing anything with the hook system.

We already know that hooks are here to stay - moving to a free-form placement system is just far too much work. Given that, what I hope they do:

1. Allow us a small bit of leeway in shifting objects on the wall/floor (sort of like the rotate operation they added years ago, just back-and-forth).
    2. Get rid of any unnecessary restrictions, so people can place small furniture in the special furniture slot, etc.
    3. Offer maybe 3 different hook "layouts" to choose from (same number of hooks, just in different places).

#1 and #2 don't seem like they'd be terribly difficult, although it's never possible to be sure. I'm sure #3 would be harder, but is hopefully feasible. Doing all three would mean people would have a lot of new options available to them.

Khafar

I don't expect much of the upcoming housing revamp. In fact, I'm a little wary about them, and fear most of them will actually cost us more by requiring purchase via TP.

At the very least, they should remove the small/thin and large/special furniture requirements, as well as the small/large wall, and small/large and huge/enormous yard.

Quote Originally Posted by Caernach View Post
    At the very least, they should remove the small/thin and large/special furniture requirements, as well as the small/large wall, and small/large and huge/enormous yard.
    In order to make this change Turbine would need to remove all thin, special, large wall, large yard, huge yard and enormous yard items. That way there be no further need for these slot types. Back when housing was first done Turbine had a terrible time with special items looking horrid when hooked. Or the slots in specific houses not working correctly - Items in these slots did not look right.

Some items can go into multiple slots as long as the item is the same size as the slot or smaller than the slot.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

I would like to be able to display all three stone trolls outside my house. At the moment, I have to pick two of them.
    Save your tears / For the day / When our pain is far behind.
    On your feet / Come with me / We are soldiers stand or die.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    In order to make this change Turbine would need to remove all thin, special, large wall, large yard, huge yard and enormous yard items. That way there be no further need for these slot types. Back when housing was first done Turbine had a terrible time with special items looking horrid when hooked. Or the slots in specific houses not working correctly - Items in these slots did not look right.

Some items can go into multiple slots as long as the item is the same size as the slot or smaller than the slot.
    I've been reading various housing posts over the last few months, and ultimately it sounds as if Turbine can do relatively nothing to change the system because of its hard-coded limitations.

So really, what CAN they do besides charge more for storage now as that seems to be the only thing they did with ease? By the way, to go from 600 silver to 156 gold for the same amount of storage is preposterous.

Quote Originally Posted by Reximus View Post
    At least add a lot more, and make items more compatible with different hook types. For example, "Thin" furniture should also be allowed in "Small", "Large", and "Special" slots.
    Couldn't agree with this more! It always baffled me that a space big enough for something large will not allow something smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Caernach View Post
    I've been reading various housing posts over the last few months, and ultimately it sounds as if Turbine can do relatively nothing to change the system because of its hard-coded limitations.

So really, what CAN they do besides charge more for storage now as that seems to be the only thing they did with ease? By the way, to go from 600 silver to 156 gold for the same amount of storage is preposterous.
    I concur.

As far as hook-size and item-size (large small etc) one of the other frustrating things is that some items which are not very large (Ie the three trolls! O that one is kind of a face slap) they are actually quite small, yet count as large items. No house except a kin house could have all three in the same yard.

Why not make each a small yard item and make all three a separate large item?

I made some deals with my neighbors and we have them set up on a corner, each in different yards. That's kinda cool. too much work though

Reworking the hook system seems to be out of scope for now.

I still hope for large/small/huge etc to become just 'wall hook' 'floor hook' 'furniture hook' and 'yard hook'. Between those 4 and 'ceiling hook' I think that should be all hooks that are needed.

I know this will imply that quite a few items won't look good in quite a few hooks. The beauty of the current system is that it has very little clipping issues. I'm willing to take that side-effect as a trade-off for the greater degree of freedom and creativity!