We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Quick question on becoming a subcriber for one month or 3?

hi there!, I know about the permanent opening of traits, inventory bags, swift travel when your subscription ends, but I read that all quest packs and skirms open up before Moria right? I was wondering if you loose them, or do they also stay when the subscription ends? Ive been told they don't and that they do, by a couple of players so id like to clarify that. I'm right now a premium.

Thanks! :3

When the account reverts from VIP to Premium, access to areas (e.g. North Downs, Evendim) due to being VIP will be gone when the VIP ends. Any area that you already bought the quest pack for you will still have access to. You will still be able to complete any quest or deed that is started, but will not be able to get any new ones without either buying the quest pack or going back to VIP. Also, while you are a VIP you will not be able to buy the quest packs for the areas you get as part of being a VIP.

Side Note: The benefits that are kept when going from VIP to Premium are only for the characters that are logged into the game while a VIP. If you don't log them in while a VIP, they do not get the benefit. New characters created after VIP ends also do not have the benefits. So be sure to log in all characters while the VIP is active, even if you do not play them regularly.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

Oh, ok that makes more sense now! Do you have to (when you revert back to premium) purchase the skirms (by buying the quest pack) to continue them?

And, forgive me, but I haven't been everywhere yet and I'm lvl 51 lol. but so all the quest packs are: (b4 moria)

Misty Mountains (own it)

Angmar (own it)

North downs

Envediem (lol this is bad, forgot how to spell)

Trollshaws

Rvendelle

Forochel

That it? Or am i missing one?

An yes I'm totally being vip for a bit!

Thanks for your help!

~Rainarasinya - Loremaster

Across the top under "The Game" select "Quest Packs". It will give you a list of all the quest packs along with their level range and normal TP cost. Plus a (marketing) description below the graphs. Not all the quest packs are before Moria. For example, Great River (72-75) and Wildermore (83-85).

Take the listed level range with a grain of salt. From what I understand it starts at the level you can first get a quest there, which is 5 levels below the quest's level. Some players can handle it and some can't. Similar with the upper end of the range. It may include stuff like group content or such and normal quests may be getting sparse by then.
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me

Thumbs up

Thank you so much!

Ok wait *Does a Jack Sparrow*

Ok, why is Moria listed only with Rohan and them under expansions? I know you gotta buy the Rohan download... Is expansion just "more quests"? I remember looking on the game store cause 2 friends keep taunting me to get Moria (lol) and the 1400 tp one is the basic quest pack then there's one I think for 4000 for the expansion.... wait i'm confused.

So what do expansions mean?

And also, since you guys know more then I do on this, I'm lvl 51, LM, became a premium and completed Misty Mountains and am almost through Angmar, but I own nothing else. Do you think I should go back to do North Downs and all of them? Or should I just deed? I'm at a hard place. I know some deeds carry traits. *(ahhhhhh)* What's your opinion?
    Last edited by ExpectoPatronum95; Nov 05 2013 at 07:52 AM.

Expansions are those regions you have to buy even with a subscription. Moria, Mirkwood, Isengard, Rohan and (in two weeks) Helms Deep are expansions. Except for Mirkwood and Helms Deep they all are also available as a trimmed down "questpack" version that only includes the quests of the region (in case of Moria also the instances) but not the rest of the expansion features (like char slots, new classes, instances, mounted combat trait trees and probably some other stuff).
    It's all a bit tricky to understand as each expansion has somewhat different rules which content goes into the expansion, the questpack version and what is available for free.

At 51 I'd start Moria unless you _really_ want to skip it. For level range 50-60 Moria is basically the only option when playing normally.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

Quote Originally Posted by ExpectoPatronum95 View Post
    Ok wait *Does a Jack Sparrow*

Ok, why is Moria listed only with Rohan and them under expansions? I know you gotta buy the Rohan download... Is expansion just "more quests"? I remember looking on the game store cause 2 friends keep taunting me to get Moria (lol) and the 1400 tp one is the basic quest pack then there's one I think for 4000 for the expansion.... wait i'm confused.

So what do expansions mean?
    In the in-game store you can buy either the expansion as a whole or just parts of it. Those listed as Expansion Quests are just the quest pack part of the expansion. Depending on the expansion there may be pieces for raids, skirmishes, character classes, etc. that you can buy separately as well. The lower cost is for just the quest pack and the higher cost is for the complete expansion. When dealing with expansions always compare the cost of the parts you want with the cost of the complete expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by ExpectoPatronum95 View Post
    *(ahhhhhh)* What's your opinion?
    Well, only because you asked...

The grass always looks greener when the sun shines on it...
    ...Long as you're not the one that has to cut it.

If you squint your eyes real hard everything looks kinda blurry...
    ...Also makes you look weird.

Chocolate and strawberry are the best flavors of ice cream...
    ...Strawberries *on* chocolate ice cream is even better.

Oh wait. You mean that *wasn't* the kind of opinion you were asking about?

Wink

Thank you! This was all really helpful! Hope to see you in the game!

~Rainarasyina - LM, Elendilmir server.