We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Game freeze during gameplay

Hello,
    After August 2013 update i been experience a very annoying issue, i log into my account, load 1 of my 6 toons (5 85's) and sometimes game runs ok for a hour or so then it freeze or it happen that as soon i log it freeze, so its not a timed issue it happen randomly, this freeze force me to reboot the PC.
    Before the update i did NOT have a issue like this ever.

PC information:
    Windows 8 64 bit
    8 GB ram
    ATI Radeon HD 7850
    SSD 64 GB and a normal HD of 500 GB

So the whole histoy, with the update back on august i reinstalled the game beacuse of the "pre-req" issue, after that was solve i start having the issues i still have so i sent a ticket to Turbine Tech support, were i have been talking to them trying to find the cause for 2 months 1 week with out succed.

What i have tried:
    - Redownload and reinstall the game (with previusly cleaning LOTRO folders, etc) 2 times
    - Downloaded and installed new Video card drivers
    - Started and tested game on a cleanboot start (to test other programs interference)
    - Runned a full antivirus and malware search
    - downgrade grapichs to verylow (annoying)
    - checked videocard temperature while playing game
    - Checked firewall permission
    - Checked Network connecting issues
    - something else i cant remember..

Did all that and NOTHING has work...

Is real disturbing to cant play the game as it should work, as a player in a raiding kin its been a nightmare i cant think on going to raids until the freeze problem dissapear, i cant go to moors until its fixed, i just cant play... i been like this for 2 months so i runned out of patience, and HD is coming out in 15 Days.

Looks like theres no solution for this, and Turbine trying to blame my PC for a problem started after their update and only occurs when playing LOTRO, if any of you guys have same issue or a solution im glad to hear/try.

Is IE10 installed?

Please describe the freeze in more detail?

The three lotro programs are added to your virus real time scanning exceptions?

It sounds like program interference ....or something the connection sticky should have solved.

First of all thanks for answering,
    i dont know what you mean with IE10..
    By freeze i mean the screen freeze on what ever i was doing (from nothing, checking mail, running, in a raid or instance) and im unable to move or do anything, when i try to go to Windows desktop i CANT, so i have 2 options: Reboot PC or Alt+Control+del keys tool in Windows 8 and choose to close current windows session, then relog and restart game with out rebooting the PC.

As i said i been talking to Tech support for more then 2 months and tried everything they asked for using their steps and suggested programs, even for virus and malware issues.
    The 3 LOTRO programs are on the Firewall exceptions, and even if i "turn off" the Antivirus program the freezes occurs, also Turbine suggested to try a cleanboot or start what ever is called were the crashes persisted.

I just dont know what else to do...

I'm having the same problem, but I'm running Ubuntu 13.10 version of Linux.

AMD Phenom 955 II X4 Black Box CPU
    ASUS M5A99X MB
    16384 MB DDR3 1600 mHz RAM
    nVidea GTX 570 PCIe

Sometimes the game will just freeze, and then boot me off, sometimes the game will simply boot me off without freezing.
    Well, this is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by EmyrSelyf View Post
    Is IE10 installed?

Please describe the freeze in more detail?

The three lotro programs are added to your virus real time scanning exceptions?

It sounds like program interference ....or something the connection sticky should have solved.
    What do you mean by IE 10??
    IE 8 is all I can get with Windows XP 32 bit.
    There are always .... Possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by devilhand View Post
    First of all thanks for answering,
    i dont know what you mean with IE10..
    By freeze i mean the screen freeze on what ever i was doing (from nothing, checking mail, running, in a raid or instance) and im unable to move or do anything, when i try to go to Windows desktop i CANT, so i have 2 options: Reboot PC or Alt+Control+del keys tool in Windows 8 and choose to close current windows session, then relog and restart game with out rebooting the PC.

As i said i been talking to Tech support for more then 2 months and tried everything they asked for using their steps and suggested programs, even for virus and malware issues.
    The 3 LOTRO programs are on the Firewall exceptions, and even if i "turn off" the Antivirus program the freezes occurs, also Turbine suggested to try a cleanboot or start what ever is called were the crashes persisted.

I just dont know what else to do...

IE10 is Internet explorer 10.

You may need to port forward. The instructions are found in the connection sticky or where the sticky sends you at www.portforward.com

Quote Originally Posted by Startrekman1of9 View Post
    What do you mean by IE 10??
    IE 8 is all I can get with Windows XP 32 bit.
    I think my Win 7 update has had the option to install IE 11 for a while now.

http://readwrite.com/2010/09/16/runn...ooTg6QlHqp7v0F

(I prefer Chrome in any case.)

IE10 is Internet explorer 10.

You may need to port forward. The instructions are found in the connection sticky or where the sticky sends you at www.portforward.com
    What about those of us that can not get IE10.?????
    Windows XP 32 bit only gives me IE8

Sp you are saying that no one using IE8 can play without freezing?
    Then I am SOL
    Please clarify

Also Port forward from what to what, I do not understand. I know how to do it on my router but i need to know the details.

What are the 3 LOTRO programs to put in our virus scanner exceptions??

Also what Connection Sticky?

I can not Afford Windows 7 or 8.
    I am on Social Security and have no money left over each month.

I had no problems like this until HD came out.
    Last edited by Startrekman1of9; Dec 02 2013 at 11:34 PM.

Sorry. I was confusing! IE10 was causing problems for some of us, so it would possibly be something you wouldn't want in any case. I wanted to see if the original poster had it installed to narrow down what could be causing the issues.

The connection sticky I referred to is at
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ated-8-12-2010

It explains all this much better than I do.

There is quite a bit of information at the www.portforward.com location, if you want to read up on it. As long as yours is the only computer accessing LOTRO through that router, then forwarding should be fine.

If you are getting into the game ok, you would only need to add the lotro client itself to your firewall/real time virus scanning exceptions/internet provider security software exceptions(if any). Make sure you do manual virus/malware scans of these areas of course.

in case you need the links

http://download.cnet.com/CCleaner/ (to clean before you scan to save time)
    http://www.malwarebytes.org/ (get the free version)

I'm assuming you already have a virus detection program.

Quote Originally Posted by Startrekman1of9 View Post
    Windows XP 32 bit only gives me IE8

Windows xp 32 is different than what the op had. You may want to make a new thread if your problems persist and let some of the xp gurus help.
    Last edited by EmyrSelyf; Dec 03 2013 at 01:24 PM.

Sorry. I was confusing! IE10 was causing problems for some of us, so it would possibly be something you wouldn't want in any case. I wanted to see if the original poster had it installed to narrow down what could be causing the issues.

The connection sticky I referred to is at
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ated-8-12-2010

It explains all this much better than I do.

There is quite a bit of information at the www.portforward.com location, if you want to read up on it. As long as yours is the only computer accessing LOTRO through that router, then forwarding should be fine.

If you are getting into the game ok, you would only need to add the lotro client itself to your firewall/real time virus scanning exceptions/internet provider security software exceptions(if any). Make sure you do manual virus/malware scans of these areas of course.

in case you need the links

http://download.cnet.com/CCleaner/ (to clean before you scan to save time)
    http://www.malwarebytes.org/ (get the free version)

I'm assuming you already have a virus detection program.

Windows xp 32 is different than what the op had. You may want to make a new thread if your problems persist and let some of the xp gurus help.
    Thank You very much. I understand now.
    I am having a friend build me a better machine and will have windows 8 on it if that is better than 7.
    I can hardly afford it but I do not want to not be able to play,

Oh and yes I use AVG Virus scanner. I think i will also get the Malware product.

My machine specs are
    10 year old Intel dual processors 3GH
    3 gig of slow 666mhz memory from the dark ages.
    500 GB SATA Hard Drive
    Asus MB (Id rather have EVGA)
    and a EVGA Nvidia GTX 460 video card with 1 Gig memory on it.
    Windows XP Pro SP3
    Wireless setup to my Netgear wireless router.
    Time Warner Cable (Roadrunner) ISP

In the boot.ini file I have the 3gb statement set to 2900
    Last edited by Startrekman1of9; Dec 04 2013 at 02:03 PM.

Game Freezes After Helms Deep Releise

Before Helms deep i played in all zone high end in instances, caves abs skirmishes with a lil lag some times but Very few if any crashes with most options either on Very High or high.
    But since helms deep the game is laggy and crashes All of the time even with most options on Medium or Low. I have updated drivers, got Gforce Experence and it update all drivers. I Have a GeForce GTX 560 Ti GPU i run windows 7 Ultimate. I Have internet explorer 11 Direct X 11 .
    This is what it says when it Crashes .. in a white 3x6 window it says lotroclient has stopped working then under that line A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. then a close program button in the bottom right corner. I am on Free to play right now because of the holidays but after i get me a new job i will become a VIP again IF it stops crashing on me because i can not and will not play if it crashes on me 9 times a night. Thanks for any help i may get.
    Joel "Plinkoo Chipp"

Same issues as every one

You are mot alone folks! My Wife and I have our own accounts and we are lucky to play 20 minute before a freeze. I am on IE 11, not 10, have my firewall set to let the needed programs through, and am just sick that I can't play. I'm not whinning, but being disabled and unable to do much for enjoyment makes this issue a real headache. I run a fairly good system; I5 3350p, GTX 660 Ti, 32 Gb's 1333 ram. Win 7 64 bit. I don't know what to try and support is down, so no help today I guess. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Plinkoo View Post
    Before Helms deep i played in all zone high end in instances, caves abs skirmishes with a lil lag some times but Very few if any crashes with most options either on Very High or high.
    But since helms deep the game is laggy and crashes All of the time even with most options on Medium or Low. I have updated drivers, got Gforce Experence and it update all drivers. I Have a GeForce GTX 560 Ti GPU i run windows 7 Ultimate. I Have internet explorer 11 Direct X 11 .
    This is what it says when it Crashes .. in a white 3x6 window it says lotroclient has stopped working then under that line A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. then a close program button in the bottom right corner. I am on Free to play right now because of the holidays but after i get me a new job i will become a VIP again IF it stops crashing on me because i can not and will not play if it crashes on me 9 times a night. Thanks for any help i may get.
    Joel "Plinkoo Chipp"
    If turning the computer off and back on didn't fix it, try this one. Often it's one of these things.
    http://support.turbine.com/link/port...ped-responding

Quote Originally Posted by William_Day View Post
    You are mot alone folks! My Wife and I have our own accounts and we are lucky to play 20 minute before a freeze. I am on IE 11, not 10, have my firewall set to let the needed programs through, and am just sick that I can't play. I'm not whinning, but being disabled and unable to do much for enjoyment makes this issue a real headache. I run a fairly good system; I5 3350p, GTX 660 Ti, 32 Gb's 1333 ram. Win 7 64 bit. I don't know what to try and support is down, so no help today I guess. lol.

Did you add the client to your virus real time scanning exceptions and any internet provider security software exceptions?

Did you add the ports (referenced in the connection sticky) as exceptions to the firewall?

Also, if you run two computers through the same router there are some setting changes you need to make to help them avoid stepping on each other.

"Open the userpreferences.ini file, which is kept in the "My Documents" (XP) or "Documents" (Vista) > "The Lord of the Rings Online" folder and in that file under the [Net] section find the "UserSpecifiedPort" option and set it to 9000 (eg. UserSpecifiedPort=9000) on computer "A" and on computer "B" change it to 9007 (eg. UserSpecifiedPort=9007). Be sure to save the changes you make before launching Lotro to test.

(Also in cases of two PC's connecting you might need to configure port "triggering" on your router, it's essentially the same as port forwarding but less "specific" it just opens ports in a range you specify anytime a request comes in or goes out on one of those ports)"

If turning the computer off and back on didn't fix it, try this one. Often it's one of these things.
    http://support.turbine.com/link/port...ped-responding

i have been e mailing the it dept back and forth and tried everything they have suggested to no success. this last time after the update they have not e mailed me back yet.