We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Looking at coming back, just concerned...

Tried coming back a year ago and was overwhelmed and disappointed with lack of help / interest for those who were in our 50's. I was told to just focus on main plot quests, lvl as fast as I could, get the 2 expansions, and just push to lvl cap (which I have no idea what that is now, lol). /sigh

It's like trying to do any group dungeon content at the lower lvl is worthless, or people just focus on skirmishes instead? If I pull this trigger and get all the expansions right now, not sure how long it would take me to get to lvl cap along with acquiring reasonable upgraded gear if I only have 2-3 hours per day during the week to play, and 4-5 hours on weekend days.

Open to suggestions, not sure if skirmish grinding would be best, or a combo of that + certain main plot story lines?

My goal is to get to lvl cap, work on getting properly geared and get back to the Moors to enjoy PvMP. It's just an overload for returning players who haven't started Isengard or anything else, no mounted combat yet, ah boy, I feel like I am leveling from 1 all over again in trying to play catchup! LOL

The biggest frustration is that they never implemented a tiered PvMP, such as lvl 30-39, 40-49, etc. I think a lot of players would enjoy PvMP more, if they could enjoy it at lower lvls, such as what DAOC did. I know friends who played this a lot in past times, but are turned off from returning because they don't feel like investing countless hours and even more hours trying to get updated legendary weapons + legacy grind, in order to enjoy the 1 thing that drew them to this game in the first place... PvMP.

Ah well, open to suggestions, maybe finding an active fellowship would help, that uses mumble, TS, etc, regularly, along with some help getting re-acclimated again to an overall good PvE game. Just frustrated with not being able to enjoy PvMP unless I get to lvl cap again >.<
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000002d384/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by honorscall View Post
    Tried coming back a year ago and was overwhelmed and disappointed with lack of help / interest for those who were in our 50's. I was told to just focus on main plot quests, lvl as fast as I could, get the 2 expansions, and just push to lvl cap (which I have no idea what that is now, lol). /sigh

It's like trying to do any group dungeon content at the lower lvl is worthless, or people just focus on skirmishes instead? If I pull this trigger and get all the expansions right now, not sure how long it would take me to get to lvl cap along with acquiring reasonable upgraded gear if I only have 2-3 hours per day during the week to play, and 4-5 hours on weekend days.

Open to suggestions, not sure if skirmish grinding would be best, or a combo of that + certain main plot story lines?

My goal is to get to lvl cap, work on getting properly geared and get back to the Moors to enjoy PvMP. It's just an overload for returning players who haven't started Isengard or anything else, no mounted combat yet, ah boy, I feel like I am leveling from 1 all over again in trying to play catchup! LOL

The biggest frustration is that they never implemented a tiered PvMP, such as lvl 30-39, 40-49, etc. I think a lot of players would enjoy PvMP more, if they could enjoy it at lower lvls, such as what DAOC did. I know friends who played this a lot in past times, but are turned off from returning because they don't feel like investing countless hours and even more hours trying to get updated legendary weapons + legacy grind, in order to enjoy the 1 thing that drew them to this game in the first place... PvMP.

Ah well, open to suggestions, maybe finding an active fellowship would help, that uses mumble, TS, etc, regularly, along with some help getting re-acclimated again to an overall good PvE game. Just frustrated with not being able to enjoy PvMP unless I get to lvl cap again >.<
    While activity highly depends on the time you're on finding a kin with a lot of members is usually a good way to find people with uncapped toons that they are leveling. Don't know what the situation right before next expansion is, but I imagine some of the big kins do have people in 50ies so should look into that ^^

Crickhollow l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

Right before, or even right after, the level cap goes up the the BEST time to jump back in the game as it puts you on the same footing as everyone else (except for the levels you have to get).
    Everyone will be getting new gear and leveling rep again, so if you get to 85 asap you will be right in there with the rest...

Also that shield with the premium? Helms Deep expansion helps a bit and stacks with the 100% xp bonus we are currently getting.

There is always the old option to go check fresh servers.

With that amount of playtime you can have a level capped char (currently 85) in a reasonable amount of time. Don't worry about gear while leveling, just use quest gear and buy 2nd age legendary weapons at the AH (or use 3rd age). Skirmishes can give you good xp at low to mid levels, but I would largely avoid them (except when double xp is in effect) because you will lose out on deeds/virtues if you skirm your way to the top. Concentrate on doing quest deeds and explore deeds in areas that you have not outleveled. There are people available to help you, but do not expect anyone to run lower level instances and raids left over from former versions of the game, as these instances give no rewards except virtues in some cases. You don't need to do group content until you hit level cap.