We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Bleakwind

Hybrid View

Bleakwind

Hey, I'm new to the game and I would like to know when and Where Bleakwind spawns while I am in the North Downs. Here are some screenshots of him for those who don't know what I'm talking about.

Bleakwind might occasionally be found haunting Nan Amlug East in The North Downs. [6.2S, 40.9W].
    There is no saying exactly 'when', sometimes he's there, sometimes he isn't.

Edit: If you're questing in the North Downs just run by that place every now and then to see if he's there, but don't wait for him to appear, because.. well you might be in for a long wait.
    May I ask why you're so interested in this particular Rare Elite Master?
    You don't have to kill him for a quest, and he doesn't drop anything special (he drops a beryl shard, and 'bleakwind's tongue' but that's an item that was used in crafting long ago, you cna't use it for anything anymore these days, well apart from making a rare elite trophy collection to save in your vault or so..)
    [img]http://www.djelle.dk/sig-lotro.jpg?&f=gp&id=7350385&lo=1x0s0xqh2j591&t1=Iminye%20Silithair&t2=Elven%20Maiden%20-%20Hunter&t3=Blossom%20in%20the%20Snow&k=Ignition&i=images6.alphacoders.com/358/358157.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by FroukjeMarije View Post
    May I ask why you're so interested in this particular Rare Elite Master?
    I just want to test my skills by attempting to slay a dragon. lol

Hahaha fair enough! Do keep in mind that there are many other rare elites roaming middle earth ^.^
    [img]http://www.djelle.dk/sig-lotro.jpg?&f=gp&id=7350385&lo=1x0s0xqh2j591&t1=Iminye%20Silithair&t2=Elven%20Maiden%20-%20Hunter&t3=Blossom%20in%20the%20Snow&k=Ignition&i=images6.alphacoders.com/358/358157.jpg[/img]

One of the Rangers in Esteldin will soon send you into western Ram Duath to defeat a drake matron and her brood. Her mate, who spawns regularly in the same area, may serve as a suitable substitute for Bleakwind.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexendynamus View Post
    One of the Rangers in Esteldin will soon send you into western Ram Duath to defeat a drake matron and her brood. Her mate, who spawns regularly in the same area, may serve as a suitable substitute for Bleakwind.
    I would do that, but I do not have have enough Turbine points to purchase that region. I think that when I have a lot of points, I will get Moria or Angmar, some big place like that. Any ideas for a good region to purchase?

If you're looking to slay drakes, some big, most smaller, that's a good place to go, even before you get the quests.... plus they drop pocket items and it's a good dwarf iron area.

Bleakwind is a rare elite that spawns when certain triggers have been tapped. There used to be a site that documented what you had to kill for how long to get him to spawn. When LOTRO originally launched, he was what was known as a "shard dropper" he dropped bleakwind's tongue and a ruby? or sapphire shard that could be used to make a nice crafted item. Shards are now mostly rubbish, but finding and hunting shard droppers was very fun to do when raids weren't running the Rift or Helegrod and fellowships weren't running CD or URU. Despite shards and rare recipe items being nerfed or deleted, Turbine left the creatures and their drops in, and I greatly appreciate it. When you hit level 50-60, there are a few good ones that spawn between GA and the Rift.

BTW I'm pretty sure Bleakwinds triggers are linked to 2 different wargs or those cows up there. I'm pretty sure his spawning is not tied to the ice drakes and ice worms.