Lore-master - how the forces of nature are shifted
A guide written by Easca and PKCrichton.
Picture is private property.
"Advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
ANY GENERIC CHANGES TO NOTE
Changes to trait-lines:
Except for Inner Flame all healing traits and skills have been moved from the Master of Beasts to the Ancient Master trait-line, the latter of which has now become both crowd control and healing. Blue is pets only.
*SoP:R is still not affected by Signs of Power Duration Legacy currently. I am still assuming that this is a bug.*
For as far as I could see none of the pet-specific pet skills have been altered.
Sign of the Wild: Protection
Sign of the Wild: Rage
(These two have become traits in the Master of Beasts trait-line.)
Keeper of Animals
- Sign of Power: Protection grants up to +25% pet morale and up to -5% pet incoming damage.
- Sign of Power: Rage grants up to -5% pet attack duration and up to +15% pet damage.
- Go for the Throat increases the pet's critical damage.
- Lesser Giant Eagle grants the skill Improved Eagle-friend.
- Prepare for War adds up to +364 LM tactical mastery rating and up to +728 pet physical and tactical mastery rating.
- Prepared Materials reduces skill inductions by up to -15%.
- Hearty Diet adds up to +386 LM morale and +5% pet morale.
- Don't You Touch Him gives you a damage bonus of up to +15% when your pet is hit by a critical hit.
- Catmint grants the skill Catmint.
- Loyalty makes your pet give you 10% of its morale to you when you are hit by a critical hit.
- After-battle Treat makes the pet heal 2% of its morale and grants a pet attack damage buff of up to +7.5% attack damage.
- Don't Interrupt Me returns +13% damage to the attacker and absorbs +13% damage when you are hit during an induction.
- Synchronized Movement reduces all skill inductions by -9% and all pet attack durations by -9% as well.
- Sic 'Em grants the skill Sic 'Em.
Tier 1 - Pets do bonus damage to enemies that have a Burning Embers on them.
Tier 2 - More damage reflected by Wisdom of the Council buff.
Tier 3 - Raven now grants a tactical mitigation buff to the fellowship.
Tier 4 - When the pet scores a critical hit the Lore-master's next induction will be insta-cast.
Tier 5 - When the pet scores a critical hit a unique buff will be put on all fellowship members.
Tier 6 - Noble Savage
Tier 7 - Tutelage of the Brown Wizard: your pet gains +3 levels and a bog-guardian is additionally summoned in Sic 'Em.
Traits of Special Mention
- Lesser Giant Eagle is currently the only pet that can only be obtained by traiting down a specific spec line.
- Don't Interrupt Me is probably one of the best traits to have when you are in combat where you will be targeted a lot.
Master of Nature's Fury
- Master of Fire increases fire damage by up to +25%.
- Tactical Mastery adds up to +728 tactical mastery.
- Burning Earth increases Cracked Earth damage by up to +15%.
- Knowledge of Storms adds up to +25% lightning damage.
- Sword and Storm will make Staff-strike call down lightning on your foe once a minute.
- -Sword and Staff has been renamed Fend Them Off and now grants up to +6% parry chance, +6% evade chance and +12% fire damage. Can only be obtained when Sword and Storm has been selected.
- Lightning Storm grants the skill Lightning-storm and up to +30% Lightning-storm base damage.
- -Fierce Lightning increases the chance to ignite the ground after a Lightning Storm up to 50%. Can only be obtained when Lightning Storm has been obtained.
- Ancient Fire increases the chance by up to +25% to Upgrade 2 Burning Embers DoTs.
- Empowering Fires increases the power and morale healed by Sign of Power: Wizard's Fire when your foe has been Flanked! Morale by up to +30% and power by up to +24%.
- Slow Burn adds up to +3 Burning Embers pulses
- -Dry Kindling gives up to +30% chance to apply two Burning Embers DoTs at once. Can only be used in combination with the Slow Burn trait.
- Mighty Wind increases the chance by up to +30% that Gust of Wind spreads Burning Embers to other foes.
- Ring of Fire grants the skill Ring of Fire and up to +15% Ring of Fire Avoidance Debuff.
- Nature's Fury grants the skill Nature's Fury.
Tier 1 - +15% cashout damage for Lightning Strike and Lightning Storm.
Tier 2 - Fire, light, lightning and frost skills all do +10% damage.
Tier 3 - +20% elemental critical damage.
Tier 4 - Improved Sticky Gourd.
Tier 5 - The possibility to reduce Improved Sticky Gourd's cooldown when your pet flanks is given.
Tier 6 - Ents Go To War is granted. 5 is now also granted to the Ents Go To War cooldown.
Tier 7 - +35% chance for Lightning Strike to occur in Nature's Fury.
Traits of Special Mention
- Sword and Storm will now add a lightning strike once a minute when you use Staff-strike, but only when this trait has been selected.
- Fire-lore grants the skill Fire-lore.
- -Playing with Fire adds the following effects to a foe under the influence of Fire-lore: fire skills give a +15% attack duration, frost skills give a +10% miss chance and lightning skills give a -50% ranged damage debuff. Can only be selected when Fire-lore as a skill has been obtained.
- --Wild Fire will spread Fire-lore to nearby foes when the target under the influence of Fire-lore is hit by Wind-lore. Can only be selected when Playing of Fire has been obtained.
- Frost-lore grants the skill Frost-lore
- -Out in the Cold adds the following effects to a foe under the influence of Frost-lore: frost skills give a tactical mastery debuff, fire skills a +20% induction debuff and lightning skills a +15% power cost debuff. Can only be selected when Frost-lore as a skill has been obtained.
- --Chill Wind spreads Frost-lore to nearby foes when the target under the influence of Frost-lore is hit by Wind-lore. Can only be selected when Out in the Cold has been obtained.
- Storm-lore grants the skill Storm-lore and adds up to +15% lightning damage.
- Mending Lore increases Outgoing Healing by up to +25% and grants Water-lore extra +5% Incoming Healing buff at max rank.
- Level-headed decreases morale costs on skills by up to -25%.
- Ancient Craft increases the Armour Debuff Potency by up to +15% and increases any lightning damage inflicted on the foe under the influence of Ancient Craft when at max rank.
- Flow of Power increases power restauration by up to +25% when using Power of Knowledge or Share the Power.
- Disable increases stun duration by up to +2.5s.
- Pleasant Breeze grants the skill Pleasant Breeze and up to +25% power restauration.
- Firm Grasp increases the Breakout Grace Period of all Crowd-control skills by up to +3 seconds. It also enhances the Daze from Blinding Flash.
- Quick Hands reduces all skill inductions by -15%.
- Ancient Master grants the skill Ancient Master.
Tier 1 - Warding Lore
Tier 2 - Beacon of Hope (AoE HoT)
Tier 3 - Tier 3 - Enough For Everyone: Share the Power - Fellowship is granted.
Tier 4 - Herb-lore
Tier 5 - Air-lore - 5% chance to negate 15% damage and reflects 15% damage automatically.
Tier 6 - Knowledge of Cures is now insta-cast.
Tier 7 - Force of Will: Fire-lore, Frost-lore, Sign of Power: Command, Sign of Power: See All Ends and Ancient Craft get +15s duration. Fire-lore and Frost-lore get +4 targets when Ancient Master skill is active.
Traits of Special Mention
- Ancient Craft is no more a prerequirement for Lightning Storm but does add a damage bonus to any lightning skills (Lightning Strike, Lightning Storm, Storm-lore, as well as several RK lightning skills).
- By maxing up Mending Lore the incoming healing buff that is granted by Water-lore is increased from +5% to +10%.
Normal Skills***SKILLS THAT YOU GET NO MATTER WHAT LINE YOU IN, JUST START A NEW CHAR AND LEVEL UP TO SEE***
- Burning Embers
- All pets except for the Eagle
- Knowledge of Cures
- Cracked Earth
- Sign of Power: Wizard's Fire.
- Gust of Wind
- Beacon of Light
- Ancient Craft
- Power of Knowledge
- Share the Power
- Sign of Power: Righteousness
- Sign of Power: Vigilance
- Sticky Gourd
- Light of the Rising Dawn
- Blinding Flash
- Wisdom of the Council
- Back from the Brink
- Call to the Valar
- Sticky Tar
- Sign of Power: See All Ends
- Sign of Power: Command
- Burning Embers now ticks every two seconds rather than every five seconds. The duration of the effect is therefore also shortened to 10s. The number of ticks and the number of DoTs put on a foe with every Burning Embers hit can be to some extent regulated by traiting down the Master of Nature's Fury spec-line.
- Cracked Earth delayed root has been reduced to 3s.
- Knowledge of Cures has a 15s cooldown. Additionally removes poison and fear. Becomes insta-cast when traiting down the yellow line. 40m range and single-target only under all circumstances.
- The inductions of summoning pets have been reduced to 1.5s. Pets can be summoned in combat under all circumstances and under all trait specs.
- All pets are accessible except the eagle, which is accessible only in the blue spec line.
- The Eagle’s power regeneration buff has been increased.
- Gust of Wind is no longer AoE but can spread Burning Embers. The chance of Gust of Wind spreading Burning Embers can be increased by putting points into a trait in the red spec line.
- Beacon of Hope is now called Light of Hope. Can be changed into an AoE HoT called Beacon of Hope when traited in the yellow spec line.
- Wind-lore has a 5s cooldown and a 10s duration. It can spread Fire-lore and Frost-lore.
- Fire-lore is no longer AoE and there is no cooldown. -13% melee damage (-25% with traits). No longer a +2% miss chance. Can only be attained when spending points in the yellow spec line. With traits, the following effects can be achieved on a foe under the influence of Fire-lore when the following kinds of damage are induced: fire skills give a +15% attack duration, frost skills give a +10% miss chance and lightning skills give a -50% ranged damage debuff.
- Frost-lore is no longer AoE and there is no cooldown. -12% tactical damage (-20% with traits). Can only be attained when spending points in the yellow spec line. With traits, the following effects can be achieved on a foe under the influence of Frost-lore when the following kinds of damage are induced: frost skills give a tactical mastery debuff, fire skills a +20% induction debuff and lightning skills a +15% power cost debuff.
- Storm-lore does some extra fire-damage on the side. Can only be attained when spending points in the yellow spec line.
- Power of Knowledge now drains morale too and puts a +15% power cost debuff. 8s channelling duration.
- Share the Power now costs morale instead of power.
- Warding Knowledge has a 40s duration and a 45s cooldown and affects everything. Can only be attained when spending points in the yellow spec line.
- Sign of Power: Command has a +15% attack duration.
- Share the Power - Fellowship is now the yellow-line version of Share the Power and its power sharing has been increased.
- Sign of Power: Righteousness now has a 20s duration and a 18s cooldown granting immunity against several forms of crowd control but doesn’t remove anything when cast on somebody already under such influences. Not affected by LI legacies (possibly a bug).
- Lightning Storm’s cooldown has been reduced to 1m30s. Up to 50% to ignite the ground with a fire AoE when spending points in the Fierce Lightning** trait.
- Inner Flame has a 10s channel duration with a cooldown of 1m30s. Can only be attained in the blue spec line.
- Improved Sticky Gourd is no longer a capstone skill but can be attained by spending points in the red spec line.
- Sticky Gourd in its weaker form is like the Improved version on Live whilst the Improved Sticky Gourd will put a Burning Embers DoT on any foe in the fire for longer than 4 seconds.
- Staff-strike can call down lightning when traited accordingly.
- Ents Go To War is now a trait awarded to you for traiting deep down the red line.
- Burning Embers has been granted several additional effects (see traits).
- Water-lore grants +10% healing modifier when traited in the yellow line.
- Herb-lore can now only be attained by traiting down the yellow line.
- Air-lore can now only be attained by traiting down the yellow line. It has a 5% chance to negate 15% damage and reflects 15% damage automatically.
- When your pet now flanks a foe and you use Sign of Power: Wizard's Fire both power and morale are restored.
- Sign of Power: Wizard's Fire now upgrades one Burning Embers DoT to a more potent but shorter DoT when cast on a foe with a Burning Embers DoT on it.
- Lightning Strike is a lesser version of Lightning Storm with one attack with a 2s induction and 45s cooldown.
- Clever Escape has a 2m cooldown and removes daze, stun and knockdown.
- Catmint grants your pet a unique buff with a 12s duration and has a 45s cooldown. Can only be attained when spending points in the blue spec line.
- Catmint (bear): increases bear's armour and damage output.
- Catmint (raven): increases Benediction of the Raven buff, Raven's fire damage debuff and damage output.
- Catmint (cats): shorter attack duration and increased damage output.
- Catmint (eagle): increased Beak End morale tap and damage output.
- Catmint (spirit): increased Nature's Gift morale restoration and Nature's Light morale return.
- Catmint (bog-guardian): increased Bursting Root stun chance and damage output.
- Sic 'Em is the capstone skill of the blue spec line. Summons a sabretooth, lynx, raven, eagle, bog-guardian (with Tutelage of the Brown Wizard) and a bear for a duration of 20s with an induction of 1.1 seconds and a 2m cooldown.
- Command Pet can be used to let your group of pets from Sic ‘Em attack an enemy. Can only be attained by spending points in the blue spec line.
- Ring of Fire is a 5-target AoE with a 0.8s induction that puts a fire-damage and BPE debuff on the ground. Can only be attained by spending points in the red spec line.
- Nature’s Fury is the red spec line’s capstone skill and does frost-damage every second for five seconds and has a 15% chance to do heavy lightning damage. Has a 3s induction and a 1m30s cooldown.
- Pleasant Breeze is an AoE power heal that can heal up to 7 targets within a 7 metre range with a 10s cooldown. Must have a crit with Gust of Wind to use this skill. Can only be attained by spending points in the yellow spec line.
- The Ancient Master is the yellow line’s capstone skill. It removes all power costs on Fire-lore and Frost-lore and makes them AoE.
With thanks to PKCrichton for his remarks considering legendary legacies
Main-hand (Staff) Major
- Staff Strike Cool Down
- Tactical Skill Direct Damage
- Fire Skills Critical Multiplier
- Light of the Rising Dawn Critical Rating
- Light of the Riding Dawn Damage
- Burning Embers Initial Damage
- Share the Power Cost changed to 1% Power Restore.
- Sticky Gourd Direct Damage has been renamed Sticky Gourd Base Damage.
Main-hand (Staff) Minor
- Cracked Earth Range
- Lightning Storm Base Damage
- Ents Go To War Damage
- Gust of Wind Damage
- Cracked Earth Damage
- Burning Embers Range
- Storm Lore Damage
- Lightning Storm Critical Rating has become Lightning Skills Critical Rating.
- Lightning Storm Damage has been renamed to Lightning Storm Base Damage.
Class Item (Book) Major
- Target Resist (Debuffing Skills)
- Target Resist (Damaging Skills)
- Target Resist (Fire Skills)
- Beacon of Hope Magnatude
- Signs of Power Duration
- Fire Skills Critical Rating
- Burning Embers Pulses has become Burning Embers Critical Chance.
- Wizard's Fire Pulses has become Wizard's Fire Critical Chance.
Class Item (Book) Minor
- Fire Damage Over Time
- Ancient Craft Targets
- Bane Flare Targets
- Test of Will Devastate Magnitude
- Inner Flame Healing
- Sign of Wild Rage has been changed to Pet Attack Duration.
- Fire Lore Targets has been changed to Fire Lore Debuff Strength.
- Sign of Wild Protection has been changed to Pet Morale.
As of Beta 6, the numbers are as follows:
|Burning Embers Initial Damage
|Cracked Earth Range
|Fire Skills Critical Multiplier
|Light of the Rising Dawn Base Critical Damage
|Light of the Rising Dawn Damage
|Staff Strike cooldown
|Tactical Skill Direct Damage
|Burning Embers Range
|Cracked Earth Damage
|Cracked Earth Range
|Gust of Wind Damage
|Ents Go To War Base Damage
|Lightning Skills Critical Rating
|Lightning Storm Base Damage
|Sticky Gourd Base Direct Damage
|Test of Will Damage
|Beacon of Hope Magnitude
|Burning Embers Critical Chance
|Fire Skills Critical Rating
|Signs of Power Durations
|Target Resistance (Damaging Skills)
|Target Resistance (Debuffing Skills)
|Target Resistance (Fire Skills)
|Wizard's Fire Critical Chance
This information was provided by Gilean_EU.
|Bane Flare Targets
|Fire-lore Debuff Strength
|Fire Damage Over Time
|Inner Flame Base Healing
|Pet Attack Duration
|Test of Will Devastate Damage
It shouldn't be too difficult to understand that with class, skill and trait changes our crowd-control skills would be affected too.
Crowd-control skills you have no matter which spec you trait in
- Ancient Craft
- Blinding Flash
- Burning Embers
- Cracked Earth
- Light of the Rising Dawn
- Sign of Power: Command
- Sign of Power: See All Ends
- Sticky Tar
Crowd-control skills gated in Master of Nature's Fury
- Ents Go to War
- Ring of Fire
Crowd-control skills gated in the Ancient Master
- Warding Lore
Skills used to spread certain crowd-control skills
- Gust of Wind (for Burning Embers)
- Wind-lore (for Fire-lore and Frost-lore)
It should be noted that Fire-lore and Frost-lore will start off weak and be increasingly potent with how much you decide to trait into these two skills. Wind-lore and Gust of Wind's crowd-control potentials have been replaced to Fire-lore and Frost-lore.
Q: What exactly do the trait-lines focus on now?
A: Keeper of Animals
focusses on your pet and the interaction with it in combat. Master of Nature's Fury
focusses on damage/dps. The Ancient Master
now comprises both crowd-control and healing skills and is the trait-line best used for support.
Q: How do we do on frost damage? And by that, lightning damage? Hell, all damages?
A: There is significantly more frost damage than there used to be, although this frost damage is mostly focussed on the Nature's Fury capstone skill. This is an AoE "storm" that can do additional lightning damage to foes around the target. We also now have more lightning skills, the damage of which can be increased by up to +40% using traits in Master of Nature's Fury and Ancient Master lines (Lightning-storm and Storm-lore). Of course, focus is mainly on fire damage (Burning Embers, Sticky Gourd) and fire damage can be increased and made more potent in the Master of Nature's Fury line. Light damage is still as it is now. Melee damage... well, you know, it's a Lore-master. Other than auto-attacks and the two melee skills there isn't really much about it when it comes to changes.
Q: So for healing we should spec into the yellow line?
A: If you want to focus on healing mainly I'd advice you trait all the healing skills in the yellow line and trait down the blue line for Inner Flame, then look at how many points you have left and decide for yourself where to spend those.
Q: So sharing power now costs morale?
A: Yes. The morale cost for both the single-target and fellowship wide skill is 239
Share the Power, at level 91, shares on average 2346.4
on a single target.
Share the Power - Fellowship, shares on average 1291.35
on every fellowship member in range.
This means that at level 91, you will on average share 9.82 power per 1 morale on a single target and on average 5.4 power per 1 morale on the fellowship-wide skill.
Q: Why didn't you do anything about the SI nerf?
A: We did everything we could to get it back and they were clear: it will not happen. Stop asking and let Baroness Boothroyd in her olden days say for us what we feel about it after 6 Betas of this discussion
*This was meant as a humourous response.*
Q: There are no debuffs anymore. Where are our debuffs?
A: You still have Wind-lore, Sticky Tar, Burning Embers (debuff? Yes, a slow), Sign of Power: See All Ends, Sign of Power: Command and Ancient Craft anyways (which ones you have depends on your level of course) and Fire-lore, Frost-lore and Storm-lore can be gotten by not even traiting too far down the Ancient Master branch.
Q: With the arrival of the Catmint skill, will the use of pet food now be obsolete?
A: Definitely not. The Catmint skill adds some buffs to the pets' inherent skills and to their damage but it does not by far grant the same effects to your pet as food does.
Q: Continuing about pets, how about the bear's tanking abilities?
A: The bear remains to be used as an off-tank, and although its potency and usefulness has been increased incrementally it will still not be able to take the place of e.g. a Guardian or Champion. Its main usefulness is still to be found in its ability to get mobs off yourself if necessary.
Q: How does the threat change affect the Lore-master?
A: If you have a good tank, not to such a great extent.
Q: Oi, threat change?
A: Yes. This thread here explains.
Useful external links
This is a Youtube video explaining the trait trees for the Lore-master.
- Traits -
Set Bonus "Buying Time" should now function properly.
The Ancient Master Trait "Disable" will now affect the stun from skill "Ents go to War"
Ancient Craft at max rank now properly specifies that only the first Lightning skill used against an afflicted enemy will result in bonus damage.
Ancient Craft now properly increases damage from trait "Sword and Storm"
Trait "Slow Burn" should now affect "Searing Embers" effects.
- Skills -
Cross-fire and Improved Cross-fire should share the same duration as normal Burning Embers DoT effects.
"Nature's Fury" induction time reduced from 3s-->2s.
The induction for Burning Embers is being reduced from 1.5s--> 1.2s
The induction for Water Lore is being reduced from 2s --> 1s.
The induction for Back from the Brink is being reduced from 8s --> 5s.
The induction for Test of Will is being reduced from 2s --> 1.5s.
- Stats -
There was a bug which would cause the Lore-master to gain a significant amount of Will every several levels. This extra Will has been contributing to awkward jumps in difficulty and player strength. This extraneous Will has been removed, and combat should be more consistent.
- Deeds -
Both Beacon of Hope and Light of Hope should now advance the deed "Light of Hope"
- User Interface -
The regular pet vital bar now goes away when you are mounted.
The Lore-master War Wolf vital bar will now be hidden when the Lore-master isn't mounted on a Warsteed.
- The Lore-master now has a trait in the Master of Nature's Fury line that decreases induction durations for said line.
- "Firm Grasp" will now enhance the Daze from Blinding Flash.
Update 13. (Preliminary.)
•Fixed a bug where a weaker version of Fire Lore's debuff was always overriding the stronger version.
•""Tactical Mastery"" is now ""Tactical Damage"", and increases Tactical Damage by 2% / Rank.
•""Ring of Fire"" has been significantly buffed.
•Dry Kindling Trait will no longer apply the second Burning Embers effect 100% of the time when using the Improved Burning Embers skill. Each point spent into the trait is supposed to add to the chance of applying a second Burning Embers effect on the target: 10%, 20%, and 30%.